Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

Seriously, why are you here? I think its funny tbh, nothing better to do with your time?

sad people - get a life, if you have no interest then why are you here?

feel fuckin sorry for you pal.

Here's a pic that resembles one of the Nu-GNR shows that I attended in 2006:

empty-arena-093008.jpg

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think are the chances of a new CD announced at the same time? Remember what Axl said - same bat time...

It's possible, but Axl seemed like he wanted to tour on Chinese Democracy for a while before thinking about the next album. I think the "same bat time" comment was made under the assumption that they would tour in the summer of 2009. Since that didnt happen, and it looks like a tour is just coming together now, I'd say the earliest we can expect the next album is fall of 2010.

Either way, I'm just glad they're finally going to tour.

Here's how I see it.

Ideal situation: In three days, a tour is announced, along with a new CD that will be released sometime next year (or alongside the tour). They will tour very little of the old songs, a lot of Chinese Democracy, and some new songs.

What will probably happen: 06/07 tour repeated, with a few new Chinese Democracy songs, and with DJ Ashba instead of Robin.

This would definitely be the ideal situation, I agree. But realistically, there's been 1000 ideal situations for this band to take advantage of over the last 8 years. From this point on, I suggest we expect as little as possible, only being pleasantly surprised on occasion. :thumbsup:

Edit: Take this Canadian announcement, for example. Who saw that coming?

Yeah, I know, but you'd think of these times they'd actually take advantage of that "ideal" situation. Instead of just disappointing every time. I'm not saying a repeat 06/07 tour would be bad, but its not the best.

With all due respect, if you would be disappointed by GN'R not announcing a new album release to go along with the tour, the problem isn't with what GN'R is or isn't doing, the problem is with your expectations. There has been no real indication that a new album will come out anytime soon, so to expect otherwise just for the sake of taking advantage of some positive momentum seems a bit a unrealistic to me. I understand that announcing a new album to come out sometime in 2010 while, or between cycles of, touring would be "ideal", but there is no real reason to think that will happen and therefore no real reason to be disappointed.

Ali

I think another tour of Chinese Democracy would be disappointing. Hell, I'm definitely going to see them either way, but the quote below pretty much sums it up.

I'm sorry, but I see ANOTHER Chinese D tour (without new material) being another failure of epic proportions. This album has been toured twice already. And the first 2 were only able to fill arenas to 50% or less capacity in most venues. It makes no difference that they finally released an album in the meantime. That album had no succesful radio singles and fell off the Billboard within a matter of weeks. Nobody cared. I hope I'm wrong, but unless they release another album (that actually contains songs that people want to hear) I see this tour being aborted within the first couple of months.

This is how I feel. They can't get away with doing the same tour for the third time. It just won't cut it - I'm sure Axl knows that. That's why I have a feeling something will change this time around (well I think its a guarantee that they will be playing a lot more of Chinese Democracy, as stated by various people from the band).

But they need to do more. That's why I'm hoping for more out of this announcement.

The only plus about touring Chinese Democracy again this time around, would be that there are thousands of new fans (this time around, they are actually backing a real album! It finally came out). They might not have been able to fill stadiums in 2006/2007, but they might now - I'm sure they have many new fans from the album (not all the people that bought the album were us, hardcore fans, in case we forgot, ;))

Edited by CoBrA2168

Even though I really fucking adore the old Gn'R material, I wish that with this tour Axl would add much much more new Gn'R songs to the setlist, maybe even some that hasn't been released yet. And with doing that, also dropping off some of the old stuff from the set. Those songs sounded awesome live back in the heyday..but no new band can't quite measure up with that. So I'm hoping for Axl busting out new material with this lineup, and pushing this new gn'r even more forward without losing the key elements of GnR. And maybe I'm one of the few, but I'm really looking forward to what DJ Ashba can add to all of this. I'm excited.

I'm sorry, but I see ANOTHER Chinese D tour (without new material) being another failure of epic proportions. This album has been toured twice already. And the first 2 were only able to fill arenas to 50% or less capacity in most venues. It makes no difference that they finally released an album in the meantime. That album had no succesful radio singles and fell off the Billboard within a matter of weeks. Nobody cared. I hope I'm wrong, but unless they release another album (that actually contains songs that people want to hear) I see this tour being aborted within the first couple of months.

This is how I feel. They can't get away with doing the same tour for the third time. It just won't cut it - I'm sure Axl knows that. That's why I have a feeling something will change this time around (well I think its a guarantee that they will be playing a lot more of Chinese Democracy, as stated by various people from the band).

But they need to do more. That's why I'm hoping for more out of this announcement.

The only plus about touring Chinese Democracy again this time around, would be that there are thousands of new fans (this time around, they are actually backing a real album! It finally came out). They might not have been able to fill stadiums in 2006/2007, but they might now - I'm sure they have many new fans from the album (not all the people that bought the album were us, hardcore fans, in case we forgot, ;))

There are lots of fans who don't saw the New Guns N' Roses alive, from lots of places.

Edited by ManetsBR

How long do you guys think it'll take for these tour promoters to start dropping "reunion tour" rumors after these dates are announced? I'm thinking after the first 2 hrs of tickets going on sale and they realize that they are only selling 20% of venue capacity. Right about then, we'll start hearing that "Slash will be taking the stage".

It looks like Axl Rose has to pay some bills.....

Doesn't everyone have to pay bills?

Ali

Politicians in Brazil doesn't.

Lucky bastards.

Ali

Well, actually they have to pay... but they don't pay.

How long do you guys think it'll take for these tour promoters to start dropping "reunion tour" rumors after these dates are announced? I'm thinking after the first 2 hrs of tickets going on sale and they realize that they are only selling 20% of venue capacity. Right about then, we'll start hearing that "Slash will be taking the stage".

Ok.... go listen do Slash with the Pussycat Dolls, I prefere Guns N' Roses and it's Chinese Democracy.

Lots of evidence of 20% capacity in the very successful 2006/07 tour mate, top facts there! - one of the most succesful tours of the year i think you will find - playing to a fw million people.

There is a world outside of america if you hadn't noticed.

Just because axl and the new band are not mega popular there does not mean they aren't in huge demand around the rest of the globe -which they are - fact.

How are people saying Chinese has not had any successful radio singles? Come on! If I recall correctly Chinese Democracy was as high as 3rd on the rock charts, behind AC\DC and I think Metallica at the time. It was very close of going #2 or #1, then Better came out and stole some of the numbers, Better was also a top 10 single. If we all would of picked up the phone and bombarded the radio stations with requests, or online polls we could of had both singles at #1! Believe it or not radio will play what people want to hear, it might not be as quick as it used to be to get your request on but it will eventually take affect. If we had a market like NY or LA playing the hell out of them the rest of the country would of followed.

So there you can't say CD didn't have any successful singles, I think that is damn good for no video, tour, or promotion from the label or band!

As for a world tour of nothing but CD never going to happen! We will still get the same setlist as the previous years, You will hear the GnR classics, and maybe a few off of Chinese. As much as we hate to admit it Axl and the band are out touring to get the money from the general public. We already made Axl rich, so he needs the money from the average joe's to pay the bills. If a world tour does happen, they need to promote the fuck out of it and do it the right way! Show up on time, play a kick ass set, and have some decent supporting acts. I think this band can not afford for any kind of disappointment. This might also be a good time to have a re release of Chinese with maybe a few more songs thrown in. Keep it out of Best Buys hands and give Wal Mart, and other retailers a chance to push it down peoples ears. This is Axl's only chance to get back any hope of being successful. Again we all have done our parts supporting GnR but we are not the ones who will make this band #1 again.

How are people saying Chinese has not had any successful radio singles? Come on! If I recall correctly Chinese Democracy was as high as 3rd on the rock charts, behind AC\DC and I think Metallica at the time. It was very close of going #2 or #1, then Better came out and stole some of the numbers, Better was also a top 10 single. If we all would of picked up the phone and bombarded the radio stations with requests, or online polls we could of had both singles at #1! Believe it or not radio will play what people want to hear, it might not be as quick as it used to be to get your request on but it will eventually take affect. If we had a market like NY or LA playing the hell out of them the rest of the country would of followed.

So there you can't say CD didn't have any successful singles, I think that is damn good for no video, tour, or promotion from the label or band!

As for a world tour of nothing but CD never going to happen! We will still get the same setlist as the previous years, You will hear the GnR classics, and maybe a few off of Chinese. As much as we hate to admit it Axl and the band are out touring to get the money from the general public. We already made Axl rich, so he needs the money from the average joe's to pay the bills. If a world tour does happen, they need to promote the fuck out of it and do it the right way! Show up on time, play a kick ass set, and have some decent supporting acts. I think this band can not afford for any kind of disappointment. This might also be a good time to have a re release of Chinese with maybe a few more songs thrown in. Keep it out of Best Buys hands and give Wal Mart, and other retailers a chance to push it down peoples ears. This is Axl's only chance to get back any hope of being successful. Again we all have done our parts supporting GnR but we are not the ones who will make this band #1 again.

Well, only some people said that...

Here in Brazil I only hear Better twice in the radio, and CHinese Democracy none.

But Chinese Democracy reached #1, in front of Black Ice, the #2 and Death Magnetic, the #3.

Better and If The World were also played several times in the most seen TV program in brazil, Big Broher Brazil :rofl-lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

You know, when I saw VR in 2007, the venue they played, The Tweeter Center, was only about 25% full, with pretty much no one on the lawn. And this is Chicago, the 3rd biggest market in the U.S. Something tells me you had nothing to say about that.

Why oh why could that be? Perhaps it is your unrelenting bias towards Axl Rose, who you claim to be a fan of but keep making all these retarded and baseless digs at.

Maybe if it was rumored that Axl was going to show up, they'd have sold a couple more tickets. :thumbsup:

Edited by sofine11

alright guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to answer to those who doubt about gillets credibility.... he books every huge concerts here in montreal. you want credibility.. this company IS credibility. now it's up to axl loll

Oh dear....:P

If this is true, we should be psyched.

You know, when I saw VR in 2007, the venue they played, The Tweeter Center, was only about 25% full, with pretty much no one on the lawn. And this is Chicago, the 3rd biggest market in the U.S. Something tells me you had nothing to say about that.

I can't say that I have ever followed VR that closely.

Maybe if it was rumored that Axl was going to show up, they'd have sold a couple more tickets. :thumbsup:

No argument there. What's your point exactly?

Oh, I almost forgot .... :thumbsup:

Edited by I Want Reunion

I can't say that I have ever followed VR that closely.

No argumet there. What's your point exactly?

Oh, I almost forgot .... :thumbsup:

My point is that you seem be overly concerned with what you believe to be Axl's failures (i.e. half empty arenas) as if he's the only one of the original members who needs the others to be in any way successful. And don't tell me you dont have any quelms about them needing Axl too, as we all know you've always directed 100% of your venom at him alone.

Edited by sofine11

geg1.png

For AFD heavy setlists, < don't see any problem

half-filled arenas, < don't think so

late starts, < maybe, but.... who cares?

cancellations, < I think this time Axl knows about the tour dates :thumbsup:

and another replacement guitar player < So? Do you want Slash? I already said, go listen to him playing with the Pussycat Dolls

Sorry, but where does it say that GnR' are doing the Maritimes?

Yeah, other than that ambiguous banner counting down to the announcement, I don't know where people are getting any other details about where exactly these shows are going to be.

I hate to nit pick, as this is good news and I am excited about this, but I really hope we get a full on North American tour announcement next week, rather than finalizing dates one by one like how the Asia tour dates slowly unravelled with all that confusion.

Edited by sofine11

geg1.png

For AFD heavy setlists, < don't see any problem

Oh, believe me, I love Appetite. But you'd figure in the 13 years that Axl's had creative control, he would have been able to write a dozen or so new tracks that the world would have wanted to hear. Especially with the budget that he had to work with and considering he was supposed to be the "creative mastermind". I just find it odd that he STILL has to rely on those tracks that were created by those guys that he hates so much.

half-filled arenas, < don't think so

Well, if you don't think so, you're only kidding yourself. It's reality, peter pan.

late starts, < maybe, but.... who cares?

Those of us who have to get up and go to work the next morning.

cancellations, < I think this time Axl knows about the tour dates :thumbsup:

Umm ... yeah. I'm pretty sure he knew about the last tour dates as well. Derrrrrr ..... :confused:

and another replacement guitar player < So? Do you want Slash?

Yes.

Edited by I Want Reunion