Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 hours ago, James Bond said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154258362288069&substory_index=0&id=10901008068

Still have no idea how to embed Facebook posts but it looks like they've started the "post pictures of the instruments" again. First up: Frank's kit.

Looking through the Facebook comments on that post, I don't think one person is a Frank fan...

Edited by PsychoKiss344

3 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Already been said but I LOVE seeing Slash and Duff praising Axl on Twitter. Nice to see everyone has really grown up. Glad they were there to support their singer.

Out of likes! Happy GNR times. Now it would be awesome if they work on some new music together... the world needs it :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cheesecake said:

:lol: That'll be too romantic.

Talking about Axl, saying "There were moments there when I loved him to death"

N' defending Axl when Slash alone coincidentally met the St. louis biker back then at '95

He write tht on His book

*Sorry for bit off topic

Edited by SerenityScorp

10 hours ago, Apollo said:

Who really cares what Nikki Sixx has to say regarding Axl or GnR?

Motley was one of the biggest hard rock (or glam or hair metal or whatever you want to call it) for about a 7-8 year period. They were the kings and helped influence the genre. Hate on them all you want, but for almost a decade they were huge.

But Nikki and Vince let that success go to their heads. They forgot what Crue really was. Motley was never a gourmet meal. They were a killer pizza and cold beer. But Sixx tries to present himself like he was the next step in the line of great writers/musicians. He no doubt thinks of himself on the same level as a Lennon or McCartney. When in fact, he use to could craft a catchy hard rock song. That's it. He wasn't a gifted writer. Mediocre bass player. And while his band was great - one of the best - of the genre, they were only successful because they came around at the perfect time. If motley Crue came out today - nobody would care. If GnR came out today, they would still be huge. 

Motley should have stayed broken up after Vince was fired. Once the Corabi album failed (shame as its great) then the boys should have retired the name. Then went and did their own thing for the next 20 years. Then a motley reunion today would have been huge.

Sixx is so arrogant that he doesn't know his place in hard rock history.   He is like the guy who owns a McDonalds franchise telling a gourmet chef how to cook his food. 

I usually respect what people involved in an industry have to say about that industry. But in Sixx's case - he is better left ignored as he is delusional and usually full of sh*t. 

Amen brotha.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Millions said:

Yes, I even saw this story in an Austrian newspaper today.

If that is actually true and that really was him... Well done, Axl. Countless people all over the world who weren't even aware of you, that picture or any of the memes associated with it, now know all about it as well.

I get that he might be upset about the whole thing (and I don't blame him), but that was the worst possible course of action to take. :facepalm:

Also, that's a nice picture of Melissa. She looks really cute there. As does Duff in the other one. :heart:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

lol, noooo Izzy's buying an amp! I know nothing about these things but doesn't hand wired suggest somthing smaller for studio or personal use rather than massive areana  tour? Damn he looks thin.

Why does the Dio hand salute irritate the F*** out of me so much!?

Edited by Archtop

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

wow so we finally get a picture of Izzy..

so now he's playing guitar for which purpose? His own pleasure or is he involved in something? Maybe a solo project

Could be for a solo album/song but also probably just for his own pleasure. He clearly likes playing guitar whether he's in a band or not. 

Not saying this to you in particular but man, the CSI stuff is getting stretched further than ever before.

Guys, I bought a new overdrive pedal last week! I'm joining Guns N' Roses. ;)