Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Indeed. That is a really good sign.

(Except if whoever runs the account just copied Slash's signature because the post was about Slash and they thought it would be cool to add his signature smilie)

Or maybe many people in or associated with GnR have access to that account and Slash is one of them now.

I think it is somebody making it look like it's slash posting. They did with frank recently saying "Ready to bang the sh*t out of these bad boys..." and a picture of his kit...Or maybe both Frank and Slash are posting, who knows :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Book, really? Fuck that we need one serious interviewer who knows GNR and his job, big 3 on same table for 2 hours to answer all shit we need to know.

We need an Eagles style documentary where they just air all the shit out, no matter who looks bad. Tell it honestly and tell it completely. Glenn Frey and Don Henley come off looking awful from their own doc, but I applaud them for not airbrushing it as the reason its so good is cause its so honest.

5 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

We need an Eagles style documentary where they just air all the shit out, no matter who looks bad. Tell it honestly and tell it completely. Glenn Frey and Don Henley come off looking awful from their own doc, but I applaud them for not airbrushing it as the reason its so good is cause its so honest.

What if it turns out like Metallicas 'Some kind of Monster'? :P Everyone hated that and thought it was embarrassing.

Just now, Frey said:

What if it turns out like Metallicas 'Some kind of Monster'? :P Everyone hated that and thought it was embarrassing.

In fairness, I haven't seen that.

From what I know about it, I can understand if people didn't like the "therapy" aspect about it. I don't really need to see Slash sitting in therapy talking about what he doesn't like about Axl.

But I liked in the Eagles one that there were times (many actually) that Glenn Frey was just like "take a pay cut, or quit the fucking band." Maybe he thinks he came off better than he did, but I like that its left in. The viewer can gather what they want from it and its not sugar coating anything. They let every band member have their turn to speak. I think that is necessary for a Guns talk. The Eagles HATE their old guitarist Don Felder, but they let him talk and explain his side of certain matters when it could have just been Frey and Henley making something up.

Just now, Slash787 said:

go a few pages back

Yeah I just saw it. I thought for a minute he might have been in the picture with Slash's picks, like hiding behind the amps or something. I zoomed in and everything haha.

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I haven't seen the Eagles documentary, but I have seen the Metallica one, and honestly, I found it pretty entertaining (probably because I'm not all that into Metallica and because I'm a horrible person.)

So yeah, I'd definitely watch a GnR documentary like that, even if it turns out like the much hated Some Kind Of Monster. Axl and Slash tearfully yelling at each other about their wounded pride and hurt feelings? Duff wanting to slam his head against the wall because he's surrounded by idiots? Izzy only giving mono-syllabic answers to questions and quietly disappearing halfway through because he doesn't wanna deal with this shit? Yeah, pass me the popcorn. :popcorn:

I can understand that, although I don't need to see them crying. I prefer, not to harp on the Eagles, a more Stones like approach. In their Crossfire Hurricane documentary, the band is reflecting on their treatment of Brian Jones, and that maybe it was too harsh. They then left in the part where Mick asks how soon he died after some specific incident and the interview said something like "two days" and you hear Mick just go "fuuuuuuuck". Its so subtle and just the right amount of emotion. I just like acknowledgement of mistakes from these guys. Not crying.

11 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I can understand that, although I don't need to see them crying. I prefer, not to harp on the Eagles, a more Stones like approach. In their Crossfire Hurricane documentary, the band is reflecting on their treatment of Brian Jones, and that maybe it was too harsh. They then left in the part where Mick asks how soon he died after some specific incident and the interview said something like "two days" and you hear Mick just go "fuuuuuuuck". Its so subtle and just the right amount of emotion. I just like acknowledgement of mistakes from these guys. Not crying.

I don't necessarily want to see them cry either, I was just basing my hypothetical scenario on the Metallica documentary there. There's a scene where Dave Mustaine and Lars Ulrich (or James Hetfield? It's been a long time) have a really tearful conversation, if I remember correctly. And Duff in this scenario would then be the Kirk Hammett of GnR, and so on ;)

Edited by Lumikki

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

Wait...the Slash social media signature in the caption of the pic. Is Slash in charge of GN'R social media now? 

My guess is the all have access to it. There's times when you can tell it's different people posting. 

11 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, I even saw this story in an Austrian newspaper today.

If that is actually true and that really was him... Well done, Axl. Countless people all over the world who weren't even aware of you, that picture or any of the memes associated with it, now know all about it as well.

I get that he might be upset about the whole thing (and I don't blame him), but that was the worst possible course of action to take. :facepalm:

Also, that's a nice picture of Melissa. She looks really cute there. As does Duff in the other one. :heart:

It was taken a little further. Someone found he had petioned for the removal of a photographers pictures who signed a disclosure as do all their photographers. The original article explained this more in detail. Not sure of the date on the DCMA my guess is it was done a while back and just now found. Idk.

Of course it has now turned into the Axl wants to remove fat picture thing, but that's not the way it was originally worded in original article. Not to say it wasn't about the memes or not lol

Edited by BOSSY78
added
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Wikipedia doesn't say, so I don't know where else on the internet I could look to find that information lol!

Once again yet ANOTHER reason we need a friggin interview for Christ sake. From someone. Literally anyone at this point 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I doubt that was him though. Probably whoever usually does the GNR account.

I doubt that too. Slash doesn't come off as someone who says ''She's ready for papa'' :lol: