KICKASS VIDEOS From 2009 Seoul show

stone

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of us just rocked out to a great version of SCOM. So who cares if some thought it was the best, or if we thought it was the best only while in the moment? Quit being a bunch of killjoys. What, are you only happy when people are miserable? Sorry, felt great there for a moment. Didn't mean to offend.

A bunch of us just rocked out to a great version of SCOM. So who cares if some thought it was the best, or if we thought it was the best only while in the moment? Quit being a bunch of killjoys. What, are you only happy when people are miserable? Sorry, felt great there for a moment. Didn't mean to offend.

DJ's answer to that "ashbawthfisthat" clip that came out earlier this year from the february rehearsals...

I like DJ uses slash's solo on kohd too...

respect...

good? yes

best ever? no

For once I agree with you.

How is Axl's voice in top form in SCOM? It's good but.

I think he has always struggled with SCOM in 2000's. Not sure why that happens, but he's voice level is always low and too clean. The ending here in the Korean version is pretty darn good though.

That's probably because Axl is 23 years older now since the first time he sang Sweet child o' mine.

Easy there guys. Step back for a second and think about what some of you are saying.

Is this performance the best SCOM we've seen from the Nu Gnr??? ABSOLUTELY

Is this better than the old GNR 87-93?? NOPE.

A very good performance, just not as good as old guns, and I don't expect it to be. This is a cool band that I would go see if given the chance. That is all I can ask for at this point since there will never be a reunion.

are you insane? like literally? imposing onto others what THEY may view as the best show/performance or whatever?

"THIS IS THE BEST PIZZA EVER"

"wo wo wo slow the fuck down! who are you to say that is the best pizza you've ever tasted? what about my mums dude ?cmon you're wrong and you know it seriously, you enjoyed my mums more we all know that, jesus wake up lol what an idiot right guys?"

some people....

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel Skip to 7.50 and listen to that ending solo. It's perfection.
what is he playing before november rain?

How old are you?? Did you ever see the old band live?? I did. To say this is the best version of SCOM ever, is ridiculous. It is a good version, that is all.

i have literally been to every single gnr show since 1986, and this is by far the best.

LOL That is freakin hilarious.

This mediocre performance by the old band is way better than the Korean version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiDk4wHMYM How can you be serious to say that Korea is the best show ever. I know you love the band but you lose all credibility when you make dumb comments like that.

Come on man. We both know you're talking bullshit: Slash makes mistake on SCOM on that rock in rio II show and Axl's voice is really not that good. He sounded muuuch better in Korea and the guitar by Ashba and Bumblefoot owned by far this Slash's version.

Easy there guys. Step back for a second and think about what some of you are saying.

Is this performance the best SCOM we've seen from the Nu Gnr??? ABSOLUTELY

Is this better than the old GNR 87-93?? NOPE.

A very good performance, just not as good as old guns, and I don't expect it to be. This is a cool band that I would go see if given the chance. That is all I can ask for at this point since there will never be a reunion.

are you insane? like literally? imposing onto others what THEY may view as the best show/performance or whatever?

"THIS IS THE BEST PIZZA EVER"

"wo wo wo slow the fuck down! who are you to say that is the best pizza you've ever tasted? what about my mums dude ?cmon you're wrong and you know it seriously, you enjoyed my mums more we all know that, jesus wake up lol what an idiot right guys?"

some people....

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel Skip to 7.50 and listen to that ending solo. It's perfection.
what is he playing before november rain?

How old are you?? Did you ever see the old band live?? I did. To say this is the best version of SCOM ever, is ridiculous. It is a good version, that is all.

i have literally been to every single gnr show since 1986, and this is by far the best.

LOL That is freakin hilarious.

This mediocre performance by the old band is way better than the Korean version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmiDk4wHMYM How can you be serious to say that Korea is the best show ever. I know you love the band but you lose all credibility when you make dumb comments like that.

what exactly makes you call the RiR2 a mediocre performance???

to me it's the second best Sweet Child performance by Guns N' Roses .. ever. This Korea version is most likely getting #3 IMHO, mostly for the part where Bumble takes over Ashba

That was a killer performance... I really can't stop smiling while watching it. Ashba seems to be the right choice and his movement on stage makes him look like a true gunner.

the chemistry is right between all the members of the band and they come together perfectly. I'm happy.

It's really a fantastic performance. Everyone was great, but I still have to highlight Bumblefoot. He kicked ass during the second part of the solo. One of the best live renditions I've ever seen (or heard) of that solo.

Finally someone noticed that! Bumblefoot plays the best part of the solo and he fucking owns it.

I'm with you guys. Ashba and Fortus are fantastic players, GREAT performers/show-stealers and fit the traditional "GN'R axe-man mold" to a T... BUT Bumblefoot is an absolute virtuoso. It's downright criminal how overlooked he is at times. I suppose his biggest problem is that he doesn't run around stage posing and posturing (all part of being a rock guitarist of course) and he gets overlooked. He's waaaaaaaaaay too humble. Few people on the planet that can play like him. Most talented guitar player in GN'R (chops-wise) ever IMHO...

I suppose the cool thing with this line-up is you can pick whichever guitarist you're more drawn to and focus in on him. I'm hittin' the Montreal show and fully intend to spend a good bit of the evening focused on Ron (along with Axl of course). Dude's fucking incredible. :thumbsup:

Thanks God! Someone else noticed that :P

the band ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1QKRTQH_cyk I POSTED THIS AT METALSLUDGE AND EVEN THE HATERS AGREE AXL/BAND SOUND KICKASS!

that's a fairly acceptable cover version

nothing special though

I enjoyed reading your post, knowing that it was so built on bias that it had no credibility to speak of.

the band ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1QKRTQH_cyk I POSTED THIS AT METALSLUDGE AND EVEN THE HATERS AGREE AXL/BAND SOUND KICKASS!

nothing special though

I enjoyed reading your post, knowing that it was so built on bias that it had no credibility to speak of.

What makes your post any less biased or more credible?

great performance of SCOM gotta agree with you guys(or most of you anyways...) the guitar trio is a well oiled machine!

just watch ashaba crank out the intro on the les paul, the guy is bona fide classic rock! the band needed that to compliment the virtuoso talents of the creature they call bumblefoot and that jedi on rhythm mr 4tus. loved fink but i think that ashaba will have a braoder appeal outside of us forum dwellers, i guess time will tell!

the band ROCKS!

nothing special though

What makes your post any less biased or more credible?

One of the great mysterys of the forum, spooky :shocked:

Best Quality "Better" I've seen- Axl sounds awesome & sounds like new intro!

rock3

That's a really good performance.

I think the backing tracks (you can hear it during the intro) are definitely helping. I can understand why some fans are complaining in the other thread, but the dude's getting older and can't be expected to belt 'em out like he used to. I think the backing tracks allow him to focus more on where he needs to focus, and the songs come off a lot better as a result. (I don't know if he was using them through the choruses, but it didn't sound like it -- and his voice was a lot more powerful there than ever before when it's been played live.)