Kevin Skwerl appreciation thread

star

I don't think it hurt sales all that much but it sure "dulled" MY exploration of the music upon first listen. If there's going to be a new album, I can assure you that MY sweet ass won't be listening to leaks again. I want that "new car smell" when I get in for the first spin around the block lol.

I don't think it hurt sales all that much but it sure "dulled" MY exploration of the music upon first listen. If there's going to be a new album, I can assure you that MY sweet ass won't be listening to leaks again. I want that "new car smell" when I get in for the first spin around the block lol.

But you got the new car smell when you first listened the leaks.

I appreciate the guy who sent those files to Kevin.

was a name ever exposed?

Skwerl mentioned on this board, that if he ever did disclose a name, that someone in the GNR Camp, would very embarassed.

That's news to me, don't remember reading that before. I thought they came from a friend or something.

was a name ever exposed?

Skwerl mentioned on this board, that if he ever did disclose a name, that someone in the GNR Camp, would very embarassed.

That's news to me, don't remember reading that before. I thought they came from a friend or something.

Skwerl may have been bullshitting there.

was a name ever exposed?

he said it.

Search it. It was awhile back when he was posting.

try searching his posts.

Edited by SunnyDRE

was a name ever exposed?

he said it.

Search it. It was awhile back when he was posting.

try searching his posts.

Not saying he didn't say that, but didn't he also elude that it came from someone from Geffen? If you recall, he stated that they were given numerous songs/discs and, as Axl put it, this was the album that "got past the red tape." Skwerl said that when he was arguing that these were the real deal finished versions that had been turned in to the record company for them to go through.

As we now know that they weren't the finished versions, it's hard to tell what the hell the truth is...

Kevin Cogill. The man who spoiled Chinese Democracy for everyone. We salute you.

Spoiled it?

I thought you made love to the little hole in that disc on a daily basis?

I love these people who say "Damn the leakers!" Regardless of how the people involved in the making of it feel, this was an album that had been dangled in the fans faces since the title "Chinese Democracy" was revealed in late 1999.

Like it or not, really until mid 2008, none of us were sure whether it would ever see the light of day. When the leaks came out, fans were happier than they'd been since 1993. They did us a favor, no matter how unethical it may have been. The fans benifitted. We heard new music, and we loved it.

was a name ever exposed?

Isn't that so very true!

Thank you Skwerl, the versions of your leaks are amazing.

Another thing, keep in mind that it's not a coincidence that every single song that leaked in full ended up on the final album. The album's release was about damage control just as much as it was about settling debts.

Geffen and possibly Axl knew that, regarding CD II, the vast majority of buyers wouldnt spend money on songs that had been already leaked for years by the time it comes out. They all spent A LOT of money getting these songs made.

My guess is that's why they threw in This I Love and Catcher, seemingly last minute decisions so they had something to entice us with, while also buying what by then was shined up versions of songs that leaked in 06 & 07.

was a name ever exposed?

Skwerl may have been bullshitting there.

Out of interest, why would he? What's the point?

Nothing to gain out of lying about it surely (?)