Winnipeg Show: Official Thread

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's cool to diss the crowd, sorry. These people payed good money to see this band and hear the music. Not to be told that they are 'lame and boring'.

Maybe starting the show at 10:45 or so on a Wednesday night put some of the grown-ups that had jobs to goto in the morning or baby sitters they were going to have to pay extra for in a grumpy mood.

Not everyone goes to the shows knowing they will start that late, so maybe people were just tired after a long day at work. It is entirely possible, and comes with the territory of playing shows at that time.

I don't think it's cool to diss the crowd, sorry. These people payed good money to see this band and hear the music.

not to mention we waited a good sweet time for them to come on...

10:45 is early for Axl.

true dat

but he could have at least thrown the strippers up there to kill time like he did in 06

Edited by moreblack

I don't think it's cool to diss the crowd, sorry. These people payed good money to see this band and hear the music.

not to mention we waited a good sweet time for them to come on...

true dat

but he could have at least thrown the strippers up there to kill time like he did in 06

That was a good move!

I have long been an advocate of the fact they should advertise the shows as starting at 10:00 at the earliest, so people have an idea before hand they won't be getting out of there until at least 1 am. That will weed out the people who won't go because of the time from bringing down or subduing the crowd around them, as well as keeping people from getting aggitated that the band is no where to be found around the more traditional starting time of 8-9.

When you print 8 PM on the ticket, and the band doesn't come out until often 11 (early for Axl) people not in the know who don't go to message boards are completely unaware, and it might lead to some of the dullness Tommy was commenting on.

K so, just got back from the MTS Center show. 2:25am here in Winnipeg as I start this post.

Show was awesome! I was about 10 feet from stage left...so, GREAT seats. Danko was alright. I was hoping for more of his earlier material...so I got a little let down by that. Baz was awesome. Axl sounded FUCKING GREAT. Honestly, I couldn't believe how great his voice sounded. Thought he sounded a bit weak on IRS, but thats just my opinion. This I Love was AWESOME. The crowd seemed to be into that song and Axl's vocals on that song too.

Noticed during Scraped at one point, Axl stepped on some little red box on the ground, and started screaming something into the microphone, yet we couldn't hear it. Obviously he was bitching at someone backstage for something. Not sure what though.

The whole bit with him dedicating the last part of KOHD to his dog was pretty neat. Kinda touching, so to say.

Beta was backstage. I saw her pop out to side stage once in a while.

Axl seemed in a great mood. Tommy seemed like a bit of a hard ass. I think he was just pissed because someone threw something at him early on. "Don't fucking throw shit at me or I'll go home" as he said. Seemed pissed after that.

Also just looked at the setlist for Bach that someone sent in....Baz didnt play Quicksand Jesus....?!

SEBASTIAN BACH:

Back In The Saddle

Big Guns

Here I Am

Quicksand Jesus

Stuck Inside

Piece Of Me

18 And Life

American Metalhead

Stabbin Daggers

Monkey Business

I Remember You

Youth Gone Wild

Axls dog died yesterday! fuck man, that sucks! he dedicates the last part of knockin to his dog!

(Arctic husky dog, his name was mojo... he told the story about how he died then made the dedication)

that really sucks....

what did he say?

rip mojo. :(

Edited by danmak

I smuggled in a pretty damn good digital camera. I pulled it out before anyone took the stage, and security told me to put it away. Said cell phone camera's are fine, but camera's aint. He said the arena lets people bring them to take pictures only, but "the guys backstage" are saying no digital cameras AT ALL. Too bad...I woulda been able to get AMAZING shots with that thing.

Venue coulda held around 13 thousand people. I'd say there were 8-9 thousand. Rough guess only though. Most of the upper deck was tarped off, and all the was open in the lower bowl were seats at the very back of the arena. So, pretty decent turnout. Better than I thought.

Oh well...I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll wake up to some more pictures and videos or even some audio in tthe morning. :)

Edited by Gunner55

First of all, you don't have to write fat AND big AND italic AND underlined. We can read normal letters.

Second, I still don't believe it. I believe that people are telling this story, but in my opinion, it doesn't sound very believable. On the other hand it sounds just like the rumour that someone would start to inflict maximum damage on the small, growing plant of "new" Guns N' Roses' comeback to the public attention.

Edited by Schwarzgold

Great fucking concert! Finally getting to bed now at 4am. Would have liked to have heard There was A Time...maybe next time! I have to admit I was a little disappointed at the crowd reaction to some of the new stuff. Come on guys, this shit has been out for over a year. You're at a Guns N' Roses concert...get into it!

I would like Axl to tell us why they ignore the Illusions albums.Yes those songs were played to death from 91-93 but so were the AFD songs . Actually the AFD songs have been in rotation even longer. I can see why they wouldn't do COMA but even if we are talking about hits why not Estranged,Yesterdays,Dead Horse,etc. Please don't say it is because they are Slash songs as Slash has his fingerprints all over the AFD songs that are still played.

He answered this on the forums. If I remember correctly, he doesn't like Illusions because of the drumming and the guitars.