"This i Love"

pattonPwr

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First - just because ONE guy on here is claiming that, doesn't mean that all fans are. So it's not fair to lump everybody into ONE PERSON's statement.

Second - exactly!!! You've basically proven the pressure that Axl is under, the scrutiny, etc. YOU say this song is generic and a remake of old songs. Whereas TONS of other posters on here make fun of the song and say Axl is stretching too much, it sounds like it belongs in a musical, his voice sucks in it. So to one fan it's generic - to another it's too big of a departure. So which is??????

One reason Iove it is because it's not like anything else Axl has done in the past. You hate it because you think it's just a bad-attempt to copy old songs.

Basically . . . . with some fans . . . .Axl can't win.

I'd like for you to engage in a discussion with a hater who feels the song is too much of a departure for Axl and GnR. That's a debate I'd like to hear.

Goddamnit Apollo, I always gotta shoot down your ridiculous assumptions and horribly drawn conclusions about my super secret agenda against Axl fans, it gets annoying

I was never attempting to lump a mass of fans into one persons statement, I was just making reference to several posts BASED ON ONE (what a crime) I've read about This I Love and how people who don't enjoy the song are degenerates. I just think it's silly... and thats all that really has to be said.

Apparently I need to be more specific? :rolleyes:

and I have no idea what the hell you're trying to get at with all this talk about what other TIL haters say about the song, I'm pretty sure I'd just end up agreeing with them? Just because I said it sounds like a parody of old GNR ballads doesn't mean I think it isn't a big departure from the GNR sound. A parody is something that makes fun of a more serious piece of art through satire, and it would only sound like what its mocking to an extent. So me saying something sounds like a parody of a GNR song shouldn't indicate to you that I actually think it sounds like a GNR song at all... I can't believe I'm explaining this to a supposed grown man on the internet

lol

I think you are starting to confuse yourself now.

All you need to know is that This I Love is one of the ten best GnR songs of all time.

First - just because ONE guy on here is claiming that, doesn't mean that all fans are. So it's not fair to lump everybody into ONE PERSON's statement.

Second - exactly!!! You've basically proven the pressure that Axl is under, the scrutiny, etc. YOU say this song is generic and a remake of old songs. Whereas TONS of other posters on here make fun of the song and say Axl is stretching too much, it sounds like it belongs in a musical, his voice sucks in it. So to one fan it's generic - to another it's too big of a departure. So which is??????

One reason Iove it is because it's not like anything else Axl has done in the past. You hate it because you think it's just a bad-attempt to copy old songs.

Basically . . . . with some fans . . . .Axl can't win.

I'd like for you to engage in a discussion with a hater who feels the song is too much of a departure for Axl and GnR. That's a debate I'd like to hear.

Goddamnit Apollo, I always gotta shoot down your ridiculous assumptions and horribly drawn conclusions about my super secret agenda against Axl fans, it gets annoying

I was never attempting to lump a mass of fans into one persons statement, I was just making reference to several posts BASED ON ONE (what a crime) I've read about This I Love and how people who don't enjoy the song are degenerates. I just think it's silly... and thats all that really has to be said.

Apparently I need to be more specific? :rolleyes:

and I have no idea what the hell you're trying to get at with all this talk about what other TIL haters say about the song, I'm pretty sure I'd just end up agreeing with them? Just because I said it sounds like a parody of old GNR ballads doesn't mean I think it isn't a big departure from the GNR sound. A parody is something that makes fun of a more serious piece of art through satire, and it would only sound like what its mocking to an extent. So me saying something sounds like a parody of a GNR song shouldn't indicate to you that I actually think it sounds like a GNR song at all... I can't believe I'm explaining this to a supposed grown man on the internet

lol

All you need to know is that This I Love is one of the ten best GnR songs of all time.

It's in the top four for me.

1.Estranged

2.Paradise City

3.There Was a Time

4.This I Love/November Rain(Tie)

pffff whatever you say jack

Great thing about music, means different things to different people, Jethro.

I love the song. You don't. No reason to argue on here about it.

Apollo ... I love Axl's voice and emotion, too !!! :wub:

best TIL ever

That was amazing.

AMAZING.

Brilliant. Ashba is now cool in my book.

No! what? I was talking about Axl's amazing performance not Ashba's.

It was an amazing performance by both IMO

I should know.... I filmed the video...

oh...so it was you who filmed the video! wow! your so cool... still -- Axl's performance was amazing, you know?

best TIL ever

That was amazing.

AMAZING.

oh...so it was you who filmed the video! wow! your so cool... still -- Axl's performance was amazing, you know?

Ya, I am pretty cool actually....

And you know who's performance was amazing? Your Mom's...

Nice comeback! trading insults over the internet when you have nothing left to say may work for you but too bad I can't meet you in real life

and beat the shit out of you...oh well. and thank you for that other post in that other thread when you said solos write themselves.

you're a great addition to this forum. go listen to poison I heard brett is an amazing vocalist...

best TIL ever

That was amazing.

AMAZING.

Ya, I am pretty cool actually....

And you know who's performance was amazing? Your Mom's...

Nice comeback! trading insults over the internet when you have nothing left to say may work for you but too bad I can't meet you in real life

and beat the shit out of you...oh well. and thank you for that other post in that other thread when you said solos write themselves.

you're a great addition to this forum. go listen to poison I heard brett is an amazing vocalist...

You listen to Poison? That's hilarious.... Poison sucks. You have shitty taste in Music...

Don't give it if you can't take it Bro...

Clearly you ran out of things to say... you know damn well that it was YOU who used Poison's vocalist as an example for a great vocalist and that all the band's success depended on him. I hate them for years. always will. you've got no spine and your posts seem retarded.

this will be my last attempt of trying to reason with you as you clearly only interested in presenting your opinions as facts.

Many complain about the lyrics, but I love them. It sounds like a poem you'd write for someone you really adore, and with Axl's delivery it comes off as really sincere and emotional.

I always thought the songs message surrounded the complete surrendering of yourself to the idea that no matter how much you try to deny it, there is only one woman out there who understands you and that you could love. It's pretty clear why that would come off as cheesey and uncomfortable to some men. I find it absolutely beautiful.