"This i Love"

pattonPwr

after 1year+ of CD being released and having listened to it more than 4 or 5 times each month I can now say that "This I Love" is probably the masterpiece of this god damn good album and that the wait has been worth it after all... I love the new lineup but you always imagine how Slash would have nailed the solo for this one... ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after 1year+ of CD being released and having listened to it more than 4 or 5 times each month I can now say that "This I Love" is probably the masterpiece of this god damn good album and that the wait has been worth it after all... I love the new lineup but you always imagine how Slash would have nailed the solo for this one... ;)

But could you play that song loud in a party or in your car with your friends with you? I love the song too, but it's not for the mainstream.

Slash couldn't have nailed it with the tabs in front of him.

I don't think it's the type of song you'd really want to tab. You'd put your own spin on it but keep that feeling in it.

Only bit I'd keep in for definite is that harmonic minor lick just as the drums come in, that is one sexy sounding piece of guitar playing.

It's definitely the rawest form of emotion on the album and probably Axl's most sincere piece of music since Estranged/November Rain back in the day. Having said that, it's not the complete song that those two were so I'd have to rank it below them.

But it's the highlight of the album....atleast emotionally.

Nope,

hate the song, but I like the rest of the album.

in my opinion This i love sounds the most outdated out of all the songs in the album. It sounds like it shouldve been in the illusion albums and it definately deserved a classic guitar solo.

probably because it was written at that time

But yeah it is a standout song on Chinese Democracy

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Haha. Slash doing the solo for this I love? It would sound like another Use Your Illusion song. Same bluesy style. Slash is a good guitar player but that song is a bit too modern and I don't think his style would fit the boot.

I love it.

It's the song I most enjoy singing in the shower.

I think the slower tempo songs are what makes Chinese Democracy the masterpiece that it is.

Prostitute, This I love, Street of Dreams, Catcher, TWAT and madagascar.

I couldn't be happier with the album than I am.