"This i Love"

pattonPwr

I don't understand how anyone can dislike it. When I see someone say they don't like it I imagine this long haired stone faced guy with his mouth wide open listening to it and just going "DIS ISNT DOIN ANYTHIN FOR MY EARS!"

I know it's bad to think that but really, I think that's why most people don't like CD. It doesn't "do anything for their ears" and they don't bother to think about the talent, work, and thought that went into creating each section of each song.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how anyone can dislike it. When I see someone say they don't like it I imagine this long haired stone faced guy with his mouth wide open listening to it and just going "DIS ISNT DOIN ANYTHIN FOR MY EARS!"

I know it's bad to think that but really, I think that's why most people don't like CD. It doesn't "do anything for their ears" and they don't bother to think about the talent, work, and thought that went into creating each section of each song.

It doesn't matter. Talent, work and thought don't mean shit if you can't connect with a song. all that matters is if you cared for it, made you feel anything or you enjoy listening to it. jmo...

On topic: I love This I Love and Robin's solo is one of my favorite solos of his.

Edited by Rovim

Its a cliche power ballad dude, these kinda songs are a dime a dozen. Honestly, what does This I Love have to offer that thousands of "heartfelt" songs before it haven't?

I only say this because it cracks me up to see all these people who think This I Love is a great song and their superiority complexes, really, if you think enjoying a song like This I Love means you're musically sophisticated or some shit all I can do is point and laugh

Example from this weekend:

I have that song on a mix in my car. My friend, who is 18F, not a fan, latched on to that song right away (she asked if there was an acoustic version).

So, I'd say that song could have some mainstream appeal, ballad or no. November Rain was huge after all...

Its a cliche power ballad dude, these kinda songs are a dime a dozen. Honestly, what does This I Love have to offer that thousands of "heartfelt" songs before it haven't?

I only say this because it cracks me up to see all these people who think This I Love is a great song and their superiority complexes, really, if you think enjoying a song like This I Love means you're musically sophisticated or some shit all I can do is point and laugh

1. This is unlike any song that GnR has ever done. And the reason most fans don't like it is because they say it doesn't fit Axl and his voice. So for you to say it's a generic love song is a bit odd. And another common diss is that it sounds like it belongs in a musical or opera. I applaud Axl for expanding his typical musical output - and I think he hit a home run with this song.

2. What! Don't wrap all fans up into one stroke of the brush. Superiority complexes? Musically sophisticated? Uhhh, no. I absolutely love this song - because I like the way it sounds. I love Axl's voice and emotion. I like the music. It has nothing to do with feeling superior or more sophisticated than any other fan.

after 1year+ of CD being released and having listened to it more than 4 or 5 times each month I can now say that "This I Love" is probably the masterpiece of this god damn good album and that the wait has been worth it after all... I love the new lineup but you always imagine how Slash would have nailed the solo for this one... ;)

i agree 100% :thumbsup: when i 1st listenned to Cd this was the track that stood out for me- i had a visual in my head of slash at the solo too for a while!!

1. This is unlike any song that GnR has ever done. And the reason most fans don't like it is because they say it doesn't fit Axl and his voice. So for you to say it's a generic love song is a bit odd. And another common diss is that it sounds like it belongs in a musical or opera. I applaud Axl for expanding his typical musical output - and I think he hit a home run with this song.

2. What! Don't wrap all fans up into one stroke of the brush. Superiority complexes? Musically sophisticated? Uhhh, no. I absolutely love this song - because I like the way it sounds. I love Axl's voice and emotion. I like the music. It has nothing to do with feeling superior or more sophisticated than any other fan.

Cool, you like the song, so do a lot of other posters here, I've seen people say its the best song Axl has ever written

But unlike any song GNR has ever done? It sounds like a parody of both November Rain and Estranged, rolled into one. I don't care what most fans dislike about it, I'm not jumping on any bandwagon here, I just think its a stupid fucking generic love song, and it is.

My whole point about the superiority complexes is what people say about people who don't like the song, just like ItsSuchaCrimeYouKnowitsTrue said, you know, the post I quoted?

lemme quote it again

?????

I personally think it's the best song Axl's ever written besides Estranged.

No doubt.

Is guns n' roses best song after Estranged.

Never expect that any new song could pass SCOM for......this my top 3.

DTJ(live),the garden comes next.

November rain is a good song but overated,Don't cry is rated ok.

Edited by kleber

I went through a few phases with it... I loved when I first hear it, couldn't get it out of my head, then I lost interest for a while but now that i've seen them play it live it continues to floor me every single night. I love the guitar solo, its one of my top five fav gnr solo's... I don't understand all the hate for the solo :unsure:

But whatever... to each his own. Gnr has something for everyone. Can't wait to hear it live for the 4th time tonight in my home city of SASKA FUCKING TOON!!

Neither me I don't understand.... every song that has great solo has negative comment from some ppl.

If they don't like this

then their taste is in different level.... :rofl-lol:

Cool, you like the song, so do a lot of other posters here, I've seen people say its the best song Axl has ever written

But unlike any song GNR has ever done? It sounds like a parody of both November Rain and Estranged, rolled into one. I don't care what most fans dislike about it, I'm not jumping on any bandwagon here, I just think its a stupid fucking generic love song, and it is.

My whole point about the superiority complexes is what people say about people who don't like the song, just like ItsSuchaCrimeYouKnowitsTrue said, you know, the post I quoted?

lemme quote it again

?????

First - just because ONE guy on here is claiming that, doesn't mean that all fans are. So it's not fair to lump everybody into ONE PERSON's statement.

Second - exactly!!! You've basically proven the pressure that Axl is under, the scrutiny, etc. YOU say this song is generic and a remake of old songs. Whereas TONS of other posters on here make fun of the song and say Axl is stretching too much, it sounds like it belongs in a musical, his voice sucks in it. So to one fan it's generic - to another it's too big of a departure. So which is??????

One reason Iove it is because it's not like anything else Axl has done in the past. You hate it because you think it's just a bad-attempt to copy old songs.

Basically . . . . with some fans . . . .Axl can't win.

I'd like for you to engage in a discussion with a hater who feels the song is too much of a departure for Axl and GnR. That's a debate I'd like to hear.

First - just because ONE guy on here is claiming that, doesn't mean that all fans are. So it's not fair to lump everybody into ONE PERSON's statement.

Second - exactly!!! You've basically proven the pressure that Axl is under, the scrutiny, etc. YOU say this song is generic and a remake of old songs. Whereas TONS of other posters on here make fun of the song and say Axl is stretching too much, it sounds like it belongs in a musical, his voice sucks in it. So to one fan it's generic - to another it's too big of a departure. So which is??????

One reason Iove it is because it's not like anything else Axl has done in the past. You hate it because you think it's just a bad-attempt to copy old songs.

I'd like for you to engage in a discussion with a hater who feels the song is too much of a departure for Axl and GnR. That's a debate I'd like to hear.

Goddamnit Apollo, I always gotta shoot down your ridiculous assumptions and horribly drawn conclusions about my super secret agenda against Axl fans, it gets annoying

I was never attempting to lump a mass of fans into one persons statement, I was just making reference to several posts BASED ON ONE (what a crime) I've read about This I Love and how people who don't enjoy the song are degenerates. I just think it's silly... and thats all that really has to be said.

Apparently I need to be more specific? :rolleyes:

and I have no idea what the hell you're trying to get at with all this talk about what other TIL haters say about the song, I'm pretty sure I'd just end up agreeing with them? Just because I said it sounds like a parody of old GNR ballads doesn't mean I think it isn't a big departure from the GNR sound. A parody is something that makes fun of a more serious piece of art through satire, and it would only sound like what its mocking to an extent. So me saying something sounds like a parody of a GNR song shouldn't indicate to you that I actually think it sounds like a GNR song at all... I can't believe I'm explaining this to a supposed grown man on the internet

lol

Edited by sweetness

Goddamnit Apollo, I always gotta shoot down your ridiculous assumptions and horribly drawn conclusions about my super secret agenda against Axl fans, it gets annoying

I was never attempting to lump a mass of fans into one persons statement, I was just making reference to several posts BASED ON ONE (what a crime) I've read about This I Love and how people who don't enjoy the song are degenerates. I just think it's silly... and thats all that really has to be said.

Apparently I need to be more specific? :rolleyes:

and I have no idea what the hell you're trying to get at with all this talk about what other TIL haters say about the song, I'm pretty sure I'd just end up agreeing with them? Just because I said it sounds like a parody of old GNR ballads doesn't mean I think it isn't a big departure from the GNR sound. A parody is something that makes fun of a more serious piece of art through satire, and it would only sound like what its mocking to an extent. So me saying something sounds like a parody of a GNR song shouldn't indicate to you that I actually think it sounds like a GNR song at all... I can't believe I'm explaining this to a supposed grown man on the internet

lol

dude, why bother responding to him?

oh and tl;dr at both of you. herp