NY Post: Axl Rose is New York's Hottest Party Boy

Cruel Intentions

By the way I hope this drinking is just a bit of fun and not a problem

It's hard to say for sure since we really don't know what else he does, where he goes, etc. beyond this tour. But the fact that the article says he hasn't hit NYC this hard since 2006 makes me think he's just having fun till the tour resumes.

:rofl-lol:

You guys certainly worry about pointless stuff!

Yeah cause health is something to completely undermine :confused:

i think having a considerate thought like that shows the division between fans- there's those who genuinely wish well for the man, and then there's those who are selfishly concerned on whether or not the show (his voice) will go on

I'm not subjecting you to either one, just on a general note

Axl is clearly 20 pounds over weight and pushing 50. The fact that he's out there acting like a perfectly fit 21 year old college student isn't very encouraging news. Sure, he can do whatever he wants but that just tells me he really doesn't give a fuck about his weight and/or health.

I quit drinking at 29 for the sake of health so I couldn't imagine doing it at 48.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctors don't give liver transplants to alcoholics anymore lol.

they dont :question:

FML im in trouble

Edited by ohmygod

It's hard to say for sure since we really don't know what else he does, where he goes, etc. beyond this tour. But the fact that the article says he hasn't hit NYC this hard since 2006 makes me think he's just having fun till the tour resumes.

i think having a considerate thought like that shows the division between fans- there's those who genuinely wish well for the man, and then there's those who are selfishly concerned on whether or not the show (his voice) will go on

Axl is clearly 20 pounds over weight and pushing 50. The fact that he's out there acting like a perfectly fit 21 year old college student isn't very encouraging news. Sure, he can do whatever he wants but that just tells me he really doesn't give a fuck about his weight and/or health.

I quit drinking at 29 for the sake of health so I couldn't imagine doing it at 48.

He's having fun. Fuck off.

I love how they talked about him "showing the next generation how it's done"....or something to that effect. So true----both onstage and off.

Axl by all accounts definitely knows how to throw a party, and given the amount of bullshit he and the band have had to traverse, who could blame him for blowing off some steam?

So long as he's onstage kickin' ass as he's been doing--proving once again he's in a class of his own in terms of frontmen-- well who gives a damn if he's tearing up the town! He's Axl Rose for chrissake!

Last time I checked partying was virtually part of the job description of rockstar---right alongside writing kickass tunes, dating beautiful women, driving amazing cars, selling out huge arenas, signing autographs, dealing with money-grubbing music industry fucksticks and being on the cover of rolling stone.

Despite the half assed, presumptous, thinly stated quote about " a nuanced psychological thing about the guy where he’s not trying to be Axl Rose.”

Axl is the last TRUE Rockstar----for better, for worse or for otherwise-----the thing that makes it special......is while many have played the part of Rockstar, what sets Axl apart, vaulting him into the league of the legends is that he' s not playing a part. Like the true all-time greats-you get what you get with Axl----he is who and what he is---- and as has been demonstrated time & again he's not changing anything for anyone.

The same innate fire that causes him to basically say fuck you to anyone not on board w/him is identical to the non-stop, unending drive that forces him to write the type of music he does and not settle until he's come as close as humanly possible to getting the sound in his head onto the CD and creating sonic brilliance as a result.

Time has show it's truly a take it or leave it proposition with Axl. That is authenticity. Gotta respect that. rock3

~Jayce rock1

You are clearly still a virgin. The fact that you're here complaining about what other people do with THEIR life isn't very encouraging news. Sure, you can do whatever you want but that just tells me that you don't give a fuck about enjoying life.

You are clearly still a virgin. The fact that you're here complaining about what other people do with THEIR life isn't very encouraging news. Sure, you can do whatever you want but that just tells me that you don't give a fuck about enjoying life.

No, I've done my partying. I've been down Slash's road of near death "fun". Ask Duff if the shit is "fun" and see what he says.

Personally, I don't understand how you or anyone else can say they enjoy life, while at the same time trying their best to snuff it out or degrade it's quality. That's like saying you love your CD collection but then strapping each disc, face down, to the bottoms of your feet and walking on them all day.

Seems kind of ass backwards imo.

Edited by Nintari

Axl's a big boy now, he can look after himself. I remember in an old interview he said he wouldn't allow himself to get an addiction, he seemed really determined when he said it. I can't find the exact quote but it was along those lines.

Anyway, if he falls off the rails I'm sure Beta will pick him back up, bless her cotton socks :D

Axl's a big boy now, he can look after himself. I remember in an old interview he said he wouldn't allow himself to get an addiction, he seemed really determined when he said it. I can't find the exact quote but it was along those lines.

Anyway, if he falls off the rails I'm sure Beta will pick him back up, bless her cotton socks :D

Exactly. That's what friends are for. And Big Mamas. He is one lucky guy.

Nice to see Axl living life to the full ! he seems so happy now and has so much energy !

I'm happy for him :)

"A one man stimulus package!" :lol: Or as we say here in Ireland - "Fuck the recession, lets have a session!"

Gotta remember that! :D

Yeah i'll need to remember that one to :D

No, I've done my partying. I've been down Slash's road of near death "fun". Ask Duff if the shit is "fun" and see what he says.

Personally, I don't understand how you or anyone else can say they enjoy life, while at the same time trying their best to snuff it out or degrade it's quality. That's like saying you love your CD collection but then strapping each disc, face down, to the bottoms of your feet and walking on them all day.

Got that right.

I reckon it must be easier to get the vodka down than wading through a six pack to not effect. This whole stop drinking thing is a myth. You end up in a box anyway might as well get a few games of ping pong in with scarlett johansen before the world ends.

LeMoine thinks Rose lets the negative press get to him more that he should. “The interesting thing about the guy is that he’ll tell stories and you’ll say, ‘Dude, you’re Axl Rose, you’ve got to not worry about that s - - t,’ “ LeMoine says. “You’ve put out so many great records and you’re the man, but he won’t hear it ... there’s a nuanced psychological thing about the guy where he’s not trying to be Axl Rose.”

I don't know what to make of that. Fresh insight, completely off base or too much tequila? Both.

I reckon it must be easier to get the vodka down than wading through a six pack to not effect. This whole stop drinking thing is a myth. You end up in a box anyway might as well get a few games of ping pong in with scarlett johansen before the world ends.

thats so awesome!!!

Got that right.

zzz....

Boring. Shut up and enjoy the day.

What makes one so judgmental? Seriously though... Quite funny.