Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

lol $la$h

please move this to former band members... this dont belong here... speculation goes there...

Indeed. We're tired of the Slash (former band member) propagenda.

I am also of this opinion. If we want to talk about this wouldnt' the correct place be in the former band members area? Its like putting a DJ Ashba topic in the velvet revolver section.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what sucks, is that Slash had a major fucking part in making guns a huge name. Slashs' contributions helped Axl's band be able to go out and cover the original guns stuff and make the fans happy. 99% of the people go to see songs with music Slash helped wright. Is there even anybody left in this band that actually wrote on CD, maybe Tommy. You guys give Slash shit but he helped make most of you Guns fans. So now you can jump me if you want but I am a fan of this guns and I like CD, but the type of music on Slashs' new album is more to my liking. I went to see guns in february and thoroughly enjoyed this band. Dj was a great entertainer.

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

hmmm looking for Slash there, nope not there... :shrugs:

Slash Quit Guns N' Roses To Move Forward

Legendary guitarist SLASH had to quit GUNS N'

ROSES to prevent himself from falling into the "same

rut" he says AXL ROSE is trapped in.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133371

lol slash

Damn, all this thread is full of is Axl nut-swinging-cocksuckers. I'm a huge Axl supporter, if not one of the biggest on the forum, but I would never catch myself acting like some of the people in this thread.

So you've got a thread that involved Slash in the News & Discussion section? Boo-hoo. The thread was made in this section because a lot of the time, people forget about the Former Gunners section and that way more people would get to see the topic in this section. Stop crying about it.

Damn, all this thread is full of is Axl nut-swinging-cocksuckers. I'm a huge Axl supporter, if not one of the biggest on the forum, but I would never catch myself acting like some of the people in this thread.

So you've got a thread that involved Slash in the News & Discussion section? Boo-hoo. The thread was made in this section because a lot of the time, people forget about the Former Gunners section and that way more people would get to see the topic in this section. Stop crying about it.

And the thread pertains to Axl as it does Slash.

And the thread pertains to Axl as it does Slash.

Exactly.

I'm still confused why people really feel the need to pick sides.As if this is YOUR family. I enjoy the music of all former gunners,especially Slash,Izzy and Duff. I think a lot of the people who diminish Slash's contribution to GNR [GNR-Educators ]weren't around for the original GNR and don't realize how important Slash was to GNR. Nowadays the media has NOBODY in GNR to focus on but Axl.Back in the day Slash was around for interviews,publicity and was just as much of a visual on stage as Axl. Had these people been around to witness the magic that was GNR,they might not be so quick to diss Slash.

Also,Axl.and company aren't gonna see your post dissing Slash and invite you backstage for cookies with Frank Ferrer. I get flamed for writing GNR-educators while people in this thread contribute less than nothing by writing "lolslash" You can continue to write "lolslash" but were it not for him (and Axl,Duff,Izzy,Steven,etc.) this Forum wouldn't exist.

Now, I'm gonna go listen to Sorry followed by Crucify The Dead and enjoy them both :thumbsup:

Highlighted the points I agree with but I don't agree with you had to be around during the period 1985-1993 to appreciate the old band. You can discover the original band in all it's glory by youtube, DVD boots and reckless road

I also enjoy both Axl and slash's music

On topic it does sound like crucify the dead is at least refering to Axl in some form

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Nobody's crying that I see, It's simply that even though some of us were around for the original line up, things have changed,it's 2010

and slash is no longer affiliated with GNR, If we want to read about "Former Gunners" we can go to the appropriate section. Guns N' Roses= Axl, Tommy,Frank,Chris,Richard, Ron, and DJ. :thumbsup:

And a lot of us aren't impressed with the choices slash has made,

since leaving GNRs, or some of the things he has said the double talking, one minute He is saying "Axl's Fucking Great" and the next minute He releases a song taking shots at him,I'm not impressed and the song is very dated.

LOL Slash :lol:

You know what sucks, is that Slash had a major fucking part in making guns a huge name. Slashs' contributions helped Axl's band be able to go out and cover the original guns stuff and make the fans happy. 99% of the people go to see songs with music Slash helped wright. Is there even anybody left in this band that actually wrote on CD, maybe Tommy. You guys give Slash shit but he helped make most of you Guns fans. So now you can jump me if you want but I am a fan of this guns and I like CD, but the type of music on Slashs' new album is more to my liking. I went to see guns in february and thoroughly enjoyed this band. Dj was a great entertainer.

I'm not sure there is much debate that Slash helped to make GnR a huge name. Musically, and even visually in a time of video stations playing videos, he stood out as Axl did. And people want to go to a show and hear the old songs. So they have been able to do that with Axl and GnR today. And soon, they are able to do that with Slash on tour as well. It is a good time to like both.

But when it comes to the song lyrics of Sorry and Crucify the Dead, I prefer to keep out of the 'they are speaking to each other' debate and judge each song on its own. I am better off that way. The fight is between Axl and Slash, if there is in fact a fight.

I am always confused by what appears to be a requirement that you choose an alliance with Axl or Slash on this board. I can like both of these artists, though I might struggle with some of their choices. It seems that if you disagree with something one of them said, you have just joined an alliance for the other one. It's so bizarre. I really like them both. I'm hearing more of the new Slash songs and I'm pretty sure I'll go see him in concert when he comes to Toronto. This album will do really well, as these 'and friends' albums usually do. And I'll also go see Axl every chance I get.

I win.

Not all of us got hooked to GNR because of Slash. In my case, it was Axl´s voice what turned me to listen to GNR and by that time I didn´t even know the name of the band members, their faces or who played what.

And people speak as if GNR were only Axl and Slash. Imo, Izzy had a big contribution too but he was overshadowed by Slash.

Not all of us got hooked to GNR because of Slash. In my case, it was Axl´s voice what turned me to listen to GNR and by that time I didn´t even know the name of the band members, their faces or who played what.

And people speak as if GNR were only Axl and Slash. Imo, Izzy had a big contribution too but he was overshadowed by Slash.

Never said anybody was hooked on GNR because of Slash. I said he "Helped" make the music that attracts most fans. Izzy helped, Duff helped, Axl helped, Steven helped, Matt helped, and Dizzy helped. oh and back on topic, there shouldn't be any doubt that Crucify the dead is about Axl & Slashs' relationship.

Edited by Crash99

Never said anybody was hooked on GNR because of Slash. I said he "Helped" make the music that attracts most fans. Izzy helped, Duff helped, Axl helped, Steven helped, Matt helped, and Dizzy helped. oh and back on topic, there shouldn't be any doubt that Crucify the dead is about Axl & Slashs' relationship.

And it makes a difference how? Won't change a thing it's still 2010 and it is what it is.

Nobody's crying that I see, It's simply that even though some of us were around for the original line up, things have changed,it's 2010

and slash is no longer affiliated with GNR, If we want to read about "Former Gunners" we can go to the appropriate section. Guns N' Roses= Axl, Tommy,Frank,Chris,Richard, Ron, and DJ. :thumbsup:

since leaving GNRs, or some of the things he has said the double talking, one minute He is saying "Axl's Fucking Great" and the next minute He releases a song taking shots at him,I'm not impressed and the song is very dated.

This is a perfect example of crying about it. :rolleyes:

This discussion portrays to Axl just as much as it does to Slash.

And you're saying a lot of you aren't impressed with choices Slash made, yet you're defending Axl like you are? Oh my God. :lol:

Like I said, I'm a huge Axl supporter, but I would never act like some of you. It's ridiculous. :rofl-lol:

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

Sorry is the worst GNR song I have ever heard so it is not as epic a fail as you make it out to be.

I love Sorry. It's one of my fave songs!

I think Ozzy shouldn't be in the middle of the fight ¨Axl vs Slash¨.

Edited by Anahzul

And you're saying a lot of you aren't impressed with choices Slash made, yet you're defending Axl like you are? Oh my God. :lol:

Like I said, I'm a huge Axl supporter, but I would never act like some of you. It's ridiculous. :rofl-lol:

Dear Lady GaGa,

Stop to think that last week the arguing was going on in a thread called

"Slash says Axl's fkn Great" This week it is in this topic about a substandard song on Slash's album that takes some cheap shots at Axl,

So again slash is a doubletalking jive motherfucker, what he says seems to fluctuate a lot from week to week, Instead of pretending everything is alright if he has a gripe about Axl , why doesn't he come straight to the point like Axl did? what slash does is passive-aggressive,snakey sort of shit- I would never overlook this like you do.It's ridiculous :rolf-lol:

Dear Lady GaGa,

"Slash says Axl's fkn Great" This week it is in this topic about a substandard song on Slash's album that takes some cheap shots at Axl,

So again slash is a doubletalking jive motherfucker, what he says seems to fluctuate a lot from week to week, Instead of pretending everything is alright if he has a gripe about Axl , why doesn't he come straight to the point like Axl did? what slash does is passive-aggressive,snakey sort of shit- I would never overlook this like you do.It's ridiculous :rolf-lol:

Slash didn't write the lyrics.

Edited by Black Sabbath

Dear Lady GaGa,

Maybe not, but he apparantly approved of it and released it on his Album. I'm sure if he objected to some of the lyrics he would have a say in it. Still don't understand what Ozzy has to do with the hard feelings related to Axl vs. Slash. Do you know who was the co-writer of said lyrics? It goes against damn near everything Slash has said lately about

that situation.

Dear Lady GaGa,

Maybe not, but he apparantly approved of it and released it on his Album. I'm sure if he objected to some of the lyrics he would have a say in it. Still don't understand what Ozzy has to do with the hard feelings related to Axl vs. Slash. Do you know who was the co-writer of said lyrics? It goes against damn near everything Slash has said lately about

that situation.

Ozzy wrote the lyrics about what his view/opinion was on the Axl/Slash/Gn'R Breakup situation was. Hundreds of people give their opinions about it on here a day, so why can't Ozzy?

Dear Lady GaGa,

You're a fucking idiot.

This thread is just as much about Axl as it is Slash.

And fyi, in the song Slash never calls Axl an ass, or says he hates Axl. Is it not possible that Slash thinks Axl is a great frontman, but with a big ego, and difficult to work with?

Seem possible, and likely. I think Slash respects Axl but isn't retarded enough to pretend he doesn't have some behavior issues.

Oh, so your head is so far up slash's ass that you can read his mind?

Lol Slash :lol:

Dear Lady GaGa,

that situation.

Ozzy wrote the lyrics about what his view/opinion was on the Axl/Slash/Gn'R Breakup situation was. Hundreds of people give their opinions about it on here a day, so why can't Ozzy?

But Surely If Slash didn't agree with the lyrics he would have the cojones to approach Oz about said Lyrics, Usually Ozzy has a co-writer do you happen to know who he collaberated with on this song?

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

Sorry is the worst GNR song I have ever heard so it is not as epic a fail as you make it out to be.

I love Sorry. It's one of my fave songs!

I think Ozzy shouldn't be in the middle of the fight ¨Axl vs Slash¨.

Sorry + Fav, is going too far :D

Sorry isn't very Guns N'Roses.

Over looking this minor detail, and taking it for what it is..

The song starts off ok.. every now and then gets silly..

..and before you know it, it drags on for way too long..

Towards the end, turns into an epic fail. The ending is painful to put up with, with its layers on layers of voical mess.

A re-worked shorter version, without the abortion of an ending, might have worked out for the better ;)

Sorry is one of my favorite cuts off ChiDem as well, and if you are talking about "It isn't very Guns N' Roses" in the formulated AC/DC rock mode , then that makes the song groudbreaking as well, I think It has a Floydesque vibe to it, and I'm really glad that ChiDem isn't full of cookie-cutter songs, like some "other" ppl's album. :lol:

why's it so hard for you dolts to understand that slash could think that axl is both amazingly talented and also an asshole? the two aren't mutually exclusive. and usually, those qualities exist proportionally in relation to each other.

Because it messes with their "realities"

Edited by Chris 55

why's it so hard for you dolts to understand that slash could think that axl is both amazingly talented and also an asshole? the two aren't mutually exclusive. and usually, those qualities exist proportionally in relation to each other.

The Dolts think the cretins that think they are psychic and can magically tell what slash is thinking are ridiculously absurd. :lol:

Lol Slash

Edited by WARCAT

Fuck, get over it people. The song never calls out Axl by name and only us GNR freaks on a message board will ever even give this thought.

Artists should be able to write about whatever they want. Ridiculous to think that Slash would ask Ozzy to write for a track on his album and then censor him in any way. You really think Axl gives a shit about this? :xmassrudolph:

Bottom line: awesome track

Edited by Turn_It_Up