Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

Oh, yes, and the US equals the world. :violin:

Go on spitting bile, boys. If it makes you happy. For my part, I appreciate progression. Nothing more boring than the same sound from a band album by album by album. <_<

If you appreciate progression and different sounds/type of songs you'll surely like Slash's solo album much better than CD. But then again, most people will so that doesn't really make you special.

:rolleyes:

There isn't nearly as much "progression" on his album as some people believe. But, hey, there's another section where you can discuss that album without it being trolling.

Ali

I'd appreciate it if you'd quit trolling on my posts. Thanks.

But she's right. No way the album will be more (I don't like this word) progressive than CD. Not that it reallllly matters but Slash's album for the most part will probably be the same the whole way through, bar the few soft songs.

You think Slash's album will be the "same" the whole way through? Have you listend to the songs or the preview clips? How about we just substitute "styles" for "progression."

Let's for instance compare the range of songs like "Gotten" to "Nothing To Say." You honestly think CD is more diverse and wide-ranging than that? Slow acoustic driven song to what sounds like Heavy Metal at times. Maybe I didn't hear all the songs on CD, but I don't recall that range.

Bold part: I hope you just didn't word that in a bad way. Are you saying you haven't listened to CD all the way through?

My response everything else: SorryShacklersTILTWAT.

It's called sarcasm pal. There isn't that much style differences between Sorry, Shacklers,TIL, TWAT -- It's all electric guitar rock. Sure some are more ballady, but just because it gets softer and harder doesn't make it a different style per se. Atleast not as much as going from acoustic ballad to speed metal rock song.

The irony is alot of CD was recorded with the same "computers" used in Hip Hop.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

Oh, yes, and the US equals the world. :violin:

Go on spitting bile, boys. If it makes you happy. For my part, I appreciate progression. Nothing more boring than the same sound from a band album by album by album. <_<

If you appreciate progression and different sounds/type of songs you'll surely like Slash's solo album much better than CD. But then again, most people will so that doesn't really make you special.

:rolleyes:

There isn't nearly as much "progression" on his album as some people believe. But, hey, there's another section where you can discuss that album without it being trolling.

Ali

I'd appreciate it if you'd quit trolling on my posts. Thanks.

But she's right. No way the album will be more (I don't like this word) progressive than CD. Not that it reallllly matters but Slash's album for the most part will probably be the same the whole way through, bar the few soft songs.

You think Slash's album will be the "same" the whole way through? Have you listend to the songs or the preview clips? How about we just substitute "styles" for "progression."

Let's for instance compare the range of songs like "Gotten" to "Nothing To Say." You honestly think CD is more diverse and wide-ranging than that? Slow acoustic driven song to what sounds like Heavy Metal at times. Maybe I didn't hear all the songs on CD, but I don't recall that range.

Bold part: I hope you just didn't word that in a bad way. Are you saying you haven't listened to CD all the way through?

My response everything else: SorryShacklersTILTWAT.

It's called sarcasm pal. There isn't that much style differences between Sorry, Shacklers,TIL, TWAT -- It's all electric guitar rock. Sure some are more ballady, but just because it gets softer and harder doesn't make it a different style per se. Atleast not as much as going from acoustic ballad to speed metal rock song.

Whoops I forgot If The World.

And no. According to you everything is just plain ol' electric guitar rock. If The World, Shacklers, Sorry, TWAT, aren't just "electric guitar rock". And you talk about styles but that's the only thing you can say to classify the songs.

Contraband is electric guitar rock (even if the music sounds good). CD, however, is DEFINITELY not.

@ SunnyDRE:YEA MAN

and reply to my comment

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

one album

Yes, amazing, isn't it? One was all it took. :tongue2:

to tarnish the band's legacy..

You are right. It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

Does it means that US sucks when we're talking about music nowadays, or that CD sucks?

Well, if you saw the Grammy Awards, and if you are updated about the Chinese Democracy South American Tour 2010 you won't have any doubts to know the right answer.

Absolutely the US has horrible taste in music (i.e. American Idol and Nickelback) and it is also a very fractured market (i.e. hip hop, indie rock, country, etc.). CD is a decent album but Axl has failed to connect with the youth in the US and his older audience has moved on. At any rate, Axl has failed in the US.

one album

You are right. It has tarnished the legacy. It was greeted in the US with a yawn, if that.

Does it means that US sucks when we're talking about music nowadays, or that CD sucks?

Well, if you saw the Grammy Awards, and if you are updated about the Chinese Democracy South American Tour 2010 you won't have any doubts to know the right answer.

Absolutely the US has horrible taste in music (i.e. American Idol and Nickelback) and it is also a very fractured market (i.e. hip hop, indie rock, country, etc.). CD is a decent album but Axl has failed to connect with the youth in the US and his older audience has moved on. At any rate, Axl has failed in the US.

There are 191 countries left.

one album

+1 its not like usa is the world.

one album

+1 its not like usa is the world.

Not saying that it is but as someone else pointed out the US is where the money is at. What means more, being number 1 in Bolivia or number 1 in the US?

I guess Axl could always cover "I'm Big in Japan".

I find it somewhat Ironic that many are fighting this fight here, has anyone else noticed this thread has more page views and responses than ANY thread in Slash section about ANYTHING to do with his new album you are claiming to love?

You do realize you are tainting your own cause, instead of putting your power to support the one you claim to love, you come to this thread and talk about Axl?

Either most here don't dig his new album like they say they do, or they like Axl a whole lot more than they claim, or perhaps the people in this thread enjoy negativity instead of supporting the band or the artist they are claiming to love. I have not chosen sides so ta speak I would tell Axl to his face the same thing.

I like both these guys very much fuck I grew up with them, but I support there stuff as long as its good to me, I try to focus on the positives because the reason I am a fan is because of their achievements together or separate not the shit that flies around them. I can't fathom how fans are here in this thread that do not like Axl and love Slash way more instead of discussing his forthcoming album in the other section, it makes no sense to me honestly, Very strange indeed. :unsure:

no my point was mistaken I guess, 200+ responses and over 4000 page views? There is NOTHING close to that in the positive Slash threads in the other section, that's not strange to you?

Anway I said my thing, now I leave you guys to this thread, I won't be posting in it anymore... If you want my feedback on the album check out the other place

Edited by gunsguy

no my point was mistaken I guess, 200+ responses and over 4000 page views? There is NOTHING close to that in the positive Slash threads in the other section, that's not strange to you?

No, not really.

Come on Guns Guy - you've been around here longer than me - you should know how this place works by now.

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

Sorry is the worst GNR song I have ever heard so it is not as epic a fail as you make it out to be.

ah you moved from cd.com to this place? i thought you relocated yourself into slash's ass by now

one album

Failed to connect with the youth? How the fuck did i get here?

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

Sorry is the worst GNR song I have ever heard so it is not as epic a fail as you make it out to be.

ah you moved from cd.com to this place? i thought you relocated yourself into slash's ass by now

Studies show that Axlites are 99% of the time major tools. I hope you don't wear a panty hose mask in your basement while pretending you are Chris Pittman making up dope beats for Axl.

Like in your profile pic?

don't know where you live, but I occasionally hear tracks from No Line.. on the radio - but that's a shit comparison anyway.

U2 is still has the same Four guys in the band now, as when they started over 30 years ago. If they do anything to tarnish the band's legacy, at least they are doing it together.

Axl acts as if the band's legacy is only his.

I don't hear songs from No Line on the radio, ever. And, it is a perfectly appropriate comparison. The point had nothing to do with band membership. It had do with the notion that a record that doesn't get heavy radio play somehow tarnishes a band's legacy. You can't draw conclusions about a record's quality and therefore whether or not it adds to or diminishes a band's legacy based on radio play. By that logic, The Spaghetti Incident? (with the exception of "Since I Don't Have You") tarnished the GN'R legacy. It just isn't that simple.

Ali

don't know where you live, but I occasionally hear tracks from No Line.. on the radio - but that's a shit comparison anyway.

U2 is still has the same Four guys in the band now, as when they started over 30 years ago. If they do anything to tarnish the band's legacy, at least they are doing it together.

Axl acts as if the band's legacy is only his.

I don't hear songs from No Line on the radio, ever. And, it is a perfectly appropriate comparison. The point had nothing to do with band membership. It had do with the notion that a record that doesn't get heavy radio play somehow tarnishes a band's legacy. You can't draw conclusions about a record's quality and therefore whether or not it adds to or diminishes a band's legacy based on radio play. By that logic, The Spaghetti Incident? (with the exception of "Since I Don't Have You") tarnished the GN'R legacy. It just isn't that simple.

Ali

Get On Your Boots was played a good bit on the radio when it was released, but I haven't heard Magnificent played as much.

Geez some of you are missing the point

Since when being on the radio or selling more records mean anything from the artistic point of view ?

AFD was radio-friendly material, I love that album but it was perfect album for that era. But still was full of hooks and radio friendly songs, UYI wasn't and sales showed that. But UYI was more arty and much more complicated. Estraged was never a hit on a radio, and by fans is considered as the best GN'R song ( in majority).

Many bands have hard to get album ( Kyuss, Black Rebel Motorcycle Band, Deftones etc etc ) and they don't sell well and it's the measure we should judge albums by. Grow Up. Being on a radio doesn't mean a thing. And considering what kind of album CD is , it is no wonder that it isn't on the radio. Songs are long, with unusual song construction and are not hard rock nor metal so casual hard rock fans or metal fans would not like them.

And Crucify the Dead was written for Axl . Ozzy said it himself : "The song is what I'd singing to Axl if I was Slash y'know : "They can't crucify you, when you're dead" . Lyrics are awful, I love "Sorry", but "Sorry" lyrics are great in my opinion, they are not directly pointed at Slash and there are some great lines there.

one album

Guns n Roses sell out everywhere except in the USA...I think that speaks volumes. :lol: And I guess that $la$h´s performance of Paradise Shitty with Fergie didn´t tarnish the legacy... <_<

one album

Failed to connect with the youth? How the fuck did i get here?

So you represent all youth? Your listening habits reflect those of all the students at your school?

one album

Guns n Roses sell out everywhere except in the USA...I think that speaks volumes. :lol: And I guess that $la$h´s performance of Paradise Shitty with Fergie didn´t tarnish the legacy... <_<

No the don't. Only a few concert were sold out of the last 2006 tour in Europe.

And about Slash; that cover isn't something to be proud off, but atleast he doesn't print the name GN'R on it wich Axl is doing right know, by performing the old songs with a bunch of (cover)musicians...