Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

Axl introduced "Sorry" recently by saying it "was not written about somebody I used to know."

Maybe not deliberately, at least...

Yes. In Tokyo I think. But it is clearly a subtle attack on Slash, as well as the media. Axl would never admit that. He's pissed at what was written in Slash's bio. You could tell during his chat log he had here in 2008

The best counter... "It's easier to live with the truth about you; Then to live with the lies about me!" Epic. Only Axl. Slash, gimme a break. He has everyone from Fergie to Ozzy to Lemmy to Nicole Sherzinger on his album.... Slash ya sold out. You're hair is stuck in the gun. Now it only shoots backwards... BANG!

What? :lol:

So Slash working with a bunch of his friends from other bands to put out an awesome record is selling out?

:rofl-lol:

Yes Black Sabbath it is... Or should I say Lady GaGa! Gender confusion? Just sayin'

For him to say Axl is to blame is bullshit. Slash quit cuz he wanted to do things his way and Axl had other plans.

Ah, bringing Lady Gaga into a discussion that she has nothing to do with. Nice try there. ^_^

It isn't selling out at all. Slash made a great record with a lot of his friends, and now that one of the songs is possibly about Axl, it's time to bash him, right? :rolleyes:

Slash didn't right the lyrics. Ozzy did. He wrote them about Axl, Slash and the Gn'R breakup.

I don't wanna play your Lovegame so why are u still hittin' on me?

I rest my case. You've got nothing else to say.

I win.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Meffect person is delusional.

Did you seriously just act like I'm the one who didn't know this thread was about the Ozzy song? Jesus.

Elvis. You're still here. Far from delusional but I appreciate the compliment. Read the name of the thread "Slash referencing Axl on Solo Album?" This is about Slash not Ozzy. To sit there bein' a web warrior and tell me the thread is about Ozzy...

Are u serious? Slash co-wrote the song. It wasn't Ozzy's animal.

Now who's delusional... Bury it. Really!

Edited by MicEffecT

This Meffect person is delusional.

Did you seriously just act like I'm the one who didn't know this thread was about the Ozzy song? Jesus.

Elvis. You're still here. Far from delusional but I appreciate the compliment. Read the name of the thread "Slash referencing Axl on Solo Album?" This is about Slash not Ozzy. To sit there bein' a web warrior and tell me the thread is about Ozzy...

Are u serious? Slash co-wrote the song. It wasn't Ozzy's animal.

Now who's delusional... Bury it. Really!

No, Ozzy wrote the song.

Stop bashing Slash.

Yeah, this has to be about Axl/Guns N' Roses. I mean, not that it's anything bad...Axl had his say in "Sorry" and now Slash has his. I personally think it's stupid to incorporate feuds into songs, and I like both songs a lot. It just comes across as lame...this is the kinda shit that goes on in rap music.

Great song, though.

when ozzy says "What the fuck did we have and why did we blow it?"., which way did he mean it? Did he mean it like a joke of what substance did they have and why did they snort it to screw things up, or did he mean it like look at how big guns n roses were and they would regret messing it up lol?

Edited by amacfantasy

when ozzy says "What the fuck did we have and why did we blow it?"., which way did he mean it? Did he mean it like a joke of what substance did they have and why did they snort it to screw things up, or did he mean it like look at how big guns n roses were and they would regret messing it up lol?

What? I think you have the lyrics wrong. Do you mean this part:

"We were like brothers with the world in our hands

You always have too much to say

Someday you look back and you wonder why

You let it all slip away, yeah"

Alot of that generation of rocks really loved GNR and many of them thought they could have been the next Zeppelin, Aerosmith or the Stones. The band flaming out the way it did one of rock's great tragedies in that respect. Not surprised to see Ozzy write about that subject matter given his own experiences with inter-band issues.

The lyrics could just as easily be interpreted from Ozzy's point of view against Black Sabbath.

Not according to some of the Sabbath fans who've discussed it in the Slash section.

oh well i guess that's definitive, some sabbath fans in the slash section say otherwise, end of discussion ty so much for playing.

The lyrics could just as easily be interpreted from Ozzy's point of view against Black Sabbath.

Not according to some of the Sabbath fans who've discussed it in the Slash section.

oh well i guess that's definitive, some sabbath fans in the slash section say otherwise, end of discussion ty so much for playing.

Yeah, because Ozzy would really write a song about his former band FOR A FUCKING SLASH ALBUM WITH REFERENCES TO ROSES,ETC. Move along.

on a similar note, slash's solo album is kinda uninspired =/ every solo just seems to blend together.

Yeah, because Ozzy would really write a song about his former band FOR A FUCKING SLASH ALBUM WITH REFERENCES TO ROSES,ETC. Move along.

oh jesus, champ i dont care either way. i was just pointing out how absurd it was for you to be so matter of fact about it after only citing 'some sabbath fans'. Edited by Atlas Shrugged

oh jesus, champ i dont care either way. i was just pointing out how absurd it was for you to be so matter of fact about it after only citing 'some sabbath fans'.

I'd recommend the art of reading between the lines. Obviously I referred to where the discussion was originally done in an effort to convey that you could find the actual conversations there.

Objectivist my ass.