Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A loaded gun jammed by a rose..." Sounds like a business attack on Axl. They were like brothers, but Axl put himself ahead of his friendship! IMO I don't think all of the lyrics are about Axl. I don't agree wih anything Slash says anyways. I think he's a fuckin' liar who sold out. People are gonna agree and I'm sure lots will disagree.

Slash... "I'm sorry 4 u..."

I was surprised to see this in Ozzy's biography for some reason. He's talking about Black Sabbath's first album and how basically it took hours for them to record.

That's how albums should be made, in my opinion. I don't give a fuck if you're making the next Bridge Over Troubled Water--taking five or ten or fifteen years to make an album, like Guns N' Roses did, is just fucking ridiculous, end of story. By that time, your career's died, been resurrected, and then died again.

This is no more petty than 'Sorry'.

And so what? I still like 'King Nothing' even though its mocking my favorite artist. A good song is a good song.

god i hate slash...

D- who is king nothing written about?

Isn't it Axl?

I remember asking if 'The Memory Remains' was about Axl and being told that 'King Nothing' was.

It was on the old GNR mailing list, back in college. Christ, I'm old.

Guest Apollo

Fellas..........maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

But do we really need another thread where Axl fan's rip Slash.... and Slash fans bash Axl?

Let's all GET OVER IT and MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to bash each other.

Fellas..........maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

But do we really need another thread where Axl fan's rip Slash.... and Slash fans bash Axl?

Let's all GET OVER IT and MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to bash each other.

BUT DAD.....it's so fun.

And so what? I still like 'King Nothing' even though its mocking my favorite artist. A good song is a good song.

god i hate slash...

Isn't it Axl?

I remember asking if 'The Memory Remains' was about Axl and being told that 'King Nothing' was.

oh wow, ok; i've never heard that.

It's about Axl.

Which, if it actually is, is moronic in my opinion because Guns N' Roses now, which contains Axl Rose, is not jammed at ALL; quite the opposite.

The lyrics could just as easily be interpreted from Ozzy's point of view against Black Sabbath.

"a loaded gun jammed by a rose"

It's about Axl.

NEXT.

No one questions that line. But the whole song isn't about Axl. It's co-written by Adam Stockdale of Wolfmother. They didn't sit down and bitch about Axl.

god i hate slash...

Isn't it Axl?

oh wow, ok; i've never heard that.

It's about Axl.

Which, if it actually is, is moronic in my opinion because Guns N' Roses now, which contains Axl Rose, is not jammed at ALL; quite the opposite.

He has no clue. King Nothing and Memory Remains are both written about Dave Mustaine and the issues they had with him in the 80's. Drugs cost him everything... Mustaine admitted this a long time ago but said it was squashed after the meeting during the documentry "Some Kind Of Monster" And the end of King Nothing (last few lines, are a nod to Enter Sandman.

This is a GNR thread tho.

He has no clue. King Nothing and Memory Remains are both written about Dave Mustaine and the issues they had with him in the 80's. Drugs cost him everything... Mustaine admitted this a long time ago but said it was squashed after the meeting during the documentry "Some Kind Of Monster" And the end of King Nothing (last few lines, are a nod to Enter Sandman.

:rofl-lol: LOL at that hahaha. "He has no clue" haha.

Not laughing at you, D- just, MicEffect started his post out sounding pretty funny.

The rose and the thorns, OMG that's SO original, never heard it before LOL :xmassrudolph:

Pretty shitty lyrics, if he wanted to counter attack sorry = epic fail

:thumbsup:

[sorry is the worst GNR song I have ever heard so it is not as epic a fail as you make it out to be.

Why am I not surprised to read that from you? :rolleyes:

:rofl-lol: LOL at that hahaha. "He has no clue" haha.

Not laughing at you, D- just, MicEffect started his post out sounding pretty funny.

You should be laughing at HIM. HE has no fucking clue.

He wrote above this song was written by Adam (actually Andrew) Stockdale. This is a totally different song genius.

The best counter... "It's easier to live with the truth about you; Then to live with the lies about me!" Epic. Only Axl. Slash, gimme a break. He has everyone from Fergie to Ozzy to Lemmy to Nicole Sherzinger on his album.... Slash ya sold out. You're hair is stuck in the gun. Now it only shoots backwards... BANG!

The best counter... "It's easier to live with the truth about you; Then to live with the lies about me!" Epic. Only Axl. Slash, gimme a break. He has everyone from Fergie to Ozzy to Lemmy to Nicole Sherzinger on his album.... Slash ya sold out. You're hair is stuck in the gun. Now it only shoots backwards... BANG!

You seem really desperate. It's pretty pathetic.

This is definitely aimed at Axl

I think Sorry takes some shots at Slash but it is mostly about the press and the naysayers. The biggest clue to me is the "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" which seems like a direct reference to Get In The Ring

Actually no... "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would..." is a direct Slash attack... Remember Sacramento (Check Youtube for Axl cuts his hand) when Slash complained about Axl and Axl retaliated saying "I'll kick your ass" The media is referenced in it as well. But he is directing it subtly at Slash.

You seem really desperate. It's pretty pathetic.

Don't be cruel man. Don't be cruel... Quit while your ahead!

1) You're acting like you wrote these F'ing songs and know the exact meaning

2) You referenced a different Slash song when this whole thread has been about the Ozzy song

3) Who let you out of the institution? Or does it have internet access?

What? :lol:

So Slash working with a bunch of his friends from other bands to put out an awesome record is selling out?

:rofl-lol:

Axl introduced "Sorry" recently by saying it "was not written about somebody I used to know."

Maybe not deliberately, at least...

Yes. In Tokyo I think. But it is clearly a subtle attack on Slash, as well as the media. Axl would never admit that. He's pissed at what was written in Slash's bio. You could tell during his chat log he had here in 2008

So Slash working with a bunch of his friends from other bands to put out an awesome record is selling out?

Yes Black Sabbath it is... Or should I say Lady GaGa! Gender confusion? Just sayin'

For him to say Axl is to blame is bullshit. Slash quit cuz he wanted to do things his way and Axl had other plans.

1) You're acting like you wrote these F'ing songs and know the exact meaning

2) You referenced a different Slash song when this whole thread has been about the Ozzy song

3) Who let you out of the institution? Or does it have internet access?

You do realize this is the Ozzy song right... Slash ft. Ozzy. Maybe try "A little less conversation" and pay attention! Just sayin'

Axl introduced "Sorry" recently by saying it "was not written about somebody I used to know."

Yes. In Tokyo I think. But it is clearly a subtle attack on Slash, as well as the media. Axl would never admit that. He's pissed at what was written in Slash's bio. You could tell during his chat log he had here in 2008

Yes Black Sabbath it is... Or should I say Lady GaGa! Gender confusion? Just sayin'

For him to say Axl is to blame is bullshit. Slash quit cuz he wanted to do things his way and Axl had other plans.

Ah, bringing Lady Gaga into a discussion that she has nothing to do with. Nice try there. ^_^

It isn't selling out at all. Slash made a great record with a lot of his friends, and now that one of the songs is possibly about Axl, it's time to bash him, right? :rolleyes:

Slash didn't right the lyrics. Ozzy did. He wrote them about Axl, Slash and the Gn'R breakup.

Ah, bringing Lady Gaga into a discussion that she has nothing to do with. Nice try there. ^_^

It isn't selling out at all. Slash made a great record with a lot of his friends, and now that one of the songs is possibly about Axl, it's time to bash him, right? :rolleyes:

Slash didn't right the lyrics. Ozzy did. He wrote them about Axl, Slash and the Gn'R breakup.

I don't wanna play your Lovegame so why are u still hittin' on me?