Slash referencing Axl in "Crucify The Dead"?

ManetsBR

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like computers, sound effects, or keyboards in Rock N' Roll.

If you're looking for Rock N' Roll I wouldn't listen to CD then.

Nor AFD. Rock N' Roll has nothing to do with GN'R imo.

If you're looking for Rock N' Roll, go listen to The Beatles.

What? Are you serious? If AFD wasn't rock n roll then I don't know what is. This has to be one of the stupidest statements I have ever read on any music related board.

slash left a very successful band like gnr whereas axl stole the name for the money

only delusional axlites don't see that axl is the biggest sellout on earth, axl betrayed everybody : fans, bandmates, managers, everybody

And maybe one day, someday, you'll be over it.

Then again, already been 15 years or whatever. Maybe you won't.

slash left a very successful band like gnr whereas axl stole the name for the money

only delusional axlites don't see that axl is the biggest sellout on earth, axl betrayed everybody : fans, bandmates, managers, everybody

My first thought was "wow, that's a lot of vitriol for someone you've never had a personal relationship with". So, if that's how he feels after almost 15 years, I'm guessing, no, no getting over it any time soon.

Ali

My first thought was "wow, that's a lot of vitriol for someone you've never had a personal relationship with". So, if that's how he feels after almost 15 years, I'm guessing, no, no getting over it any time soon.

Ali

Exactly how I see it.

I also ask some of these people if its rational that people directly involved with the man, Slash and Duff, have moved on...yet you, a guy with a fucking poster on his wall as a kid, somehow still can't.

To me,after listening to the song and reading the lyrics...it's all about Axl 100%...

I see a little reference to the new band members as well?

("New soldiers now say

That your beggars collect

Re-crucified and paid by you")

if so..that needs an immediate answer :thumbsdown:

I think Ozzy and Slash came up with the melody - one of them prob. had the demo already done, Ozzy seems like he did the first verse and the part about crucifying, and Slash came up with the rest and it's a given it's mostly about Axl, but any songwriter is going to say it can be about anything they want it to be about.

Ozzy wrote songs when he went solo, but in Black Sabbath, he did the melody, and Geezer did the words, no diff. than Nikki Sixx coming up with the words and Vince coming up with the melody in Crue.

GUNS N' ROSES IS:

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

hmmm looking for Slash there, nope not there... :shrugs:

thumbsup.gif

lol $la$h

please move this to former band members... this dont belong here... speculation goes there...

Edited by Argentina Roses

Guest RonMexico82

Having listened to a fair few tracks from Slash's album I can safely say for the first time that I do not miss him from GNR. The guy has seriously lost it and I'd have to question the dire taste he has exhibited since he left. Thank God Axl hasn't gone down that path and still has some integrity and dignity.

Slash referencing Axl: 7,529 Views

Happy Brday to Frank: 613 Views

yep, since VR section is dead all the Slash fans came here :shrugs:

still dont get why mods dont move this where it belongs...

Having listened to a fair few tracks from Slash's album I can safely say for the first time that I do not miss him from GNR. The guy has seriously lost it and I'd have to question the dire taste he has exhibited since he left. Thank God Axl hasn't gone down that path and still has some integrity and dignity.

exactly some solos are cool, but nothing near Chinese Democracy, Finck's solos in Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love run circles around Slash playing, but I like some songs off Slash album "Ghost", "Beautiful Dangerous", "By the Sword" but what the best part is that there is not a single song as heavy, agressive and to your face as "Chinese Democracy" or "Better". Also every song has the same structure - verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus.

And that Shadows M. song sounds like castrated Avenged Sevenfold track with that D-grade speed metal riff.

exactly some solos are cool, but nothing near Chinese Democracy, Finck's solos in Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love run circles around Slash playing, but I like some songs off Slash album "Ghost", "Beautiful Dangerous", "By the Sword" but what the best part is that there is not a single song as heavy, agressive and to your face as "Chinese Democracy" or "Better". Also every song has the same structure - verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus.

And that Shadows M. song sounds like castrated Avenged Sevenfold track with that D-grade speed metal riff.

What Slash's album needs is a 6 minute epic track like TWAT or November Rain. Until then it just isn't a great album.

What Slash's album needs is a 6 minute epic track like TWAT or November Rain. Until then it just isn't a great album.

He doesn't need a 6 minute "epic", he just needs to come out of 1975. Seriously, I love classic rock....half of my collection is fucking 70's rock, but damn...this new album sounds ridiculously dated. The only decent song is Ozzy's and even that lacks musically. Velvet Revolver was cool (atleast the first album) because it didn't sound like that. Hell, even the first Snakepit sounded more modern then this shit.

I really don't know what he was thinking.

Edited by Nintari