Is this the best Chinese Democracy Tour so far?

ManetsBR

Do you think that only with 28 concerts done and more 12 announced, this can be already considered the best Chinese Democracy Tour so far? What does this one have that the other two Chi Dem tours didn't have (or the opposite)?

asianumbers.png

canadanumbers.png

samericanumbers.png

othernumbers.png

Edited by ManetsBR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that finally the GNR engine is firing on all cylinders.

There is great chemistry with the band and things feel really stable and positive.

I hope they have a phenomenal year and enjoy the ride. I know the fans will. An epic tour would do wonders for the band globally.

Edited by axlsfury

Unfortunetaly I haven't seen them on the other tours (and not this, yet), but I'll say this one seem sto be the best. I think the fact that they actually have their own new album out has a lot to say, to them, and to us. Also the band seems more like a real band now. Don't know why, they just seems more happy together than in a while ;)

Edited by Scaramouche

This tour is far from being the best Chinese Democracy tour. and just so we're clear: I love this band and this line up and it's great to see Axl happy and kicking ass and the chemistry is there, but to be honest, I don't think it was even Axl's first choice.

Robin, Bucket and Brain were huge assets to Gn'r both in studio and on stage. unforutunatly, we never got to the point were we could see and hear Bucket on stage playing the

There Was A Time solo or Robin playing the This I Love solo with Brain.

I think this tour is great but it's also very safe, compared to what the band was in 2002 or even in 2006. Robin and Bucket were a great unit imo, and Fortus have that 'old school' feel that balanced Bucket's out of space playing and Robin's loose playing so we got the best from both worlds. also Bucket and Brain always had amazing unity in their playing so all of those things made the band very exciting for me.

Now, the band is respected and Gn'r is looked at as more of a rock n' roll band. Ashba is mostly loved and brought his old school vibe to the band and that's cool,

but I can't help but feel we lost something original and fresh with Robin and Bucket (the album is evidence for this) and what we have now is a very good compromise that we

had to except because Axl had to except. I'm not comlaining. this is a good time to be a Gn'R fan and the shows are great but I feel Axl first choice was perfect.

^ Fantastic post and I agree for the most part.

Nevertheless, DJ Ashba just seems to fit the band in terms of image as well as technique, and as non-commercially motivated this band strives to be, it has a lot of impact on winning new fans and pundits.

It's the safest tour too, without doubt, but they sound incredible as a unit (going off captured audio here), and seem to be having a few shits and giggles along the way.

Long may it continue.

This tour is far from being the best Chinese Democracy tour. and just so we're clear: I love this band and this line up and it's great to see Axl happy and kicking ass and the chemistry is there, but to be honest, I don't think it was even Axl's first choice.

Robin, Bucket and Brain were huge assets to Gn'r both in studio and on stage. unforutunatly, we never got to the point were we could see and hear Bucket on stage playing the

I think this tour is great but it's also very safe, compared to what the band was in 2002 or even in 2006. Robin and Bucket were a great unit imo, and Fortus have that 'old school' feel that balanced Bucket's out of space playing and Robin's loose playing so we got the best from both worlds. also Bucket and Brain always had amazing unity in their playing so all of those things made the band very exciting for me.

Now, the band is respected and Gn'r is looked at as more of a rock n' roll band. Ashba is mostly loved and brought his old school vibe to the band and that's cool,

but I can't help but feel we lost something original and fresh with Robin and Bucket (the album is evidence for this) and what we have now is a very good compromise that we

had to except because Axl had to except. I'm not comlaining. this is a good time to be a Gn'R fan and the shows are great but I feel Axl first choice was perfect.

[

are you serious ???????? REALLY jeez LETS MAKE ONE THING CLEAR ur so wrong , get over yourself, are you a music journalist or something really ??????????

[

are you serious ???????? REALLY jeez LETS MAKE ONE THING CLEAR ur so wrong , get over yourself, are you a music journalist or something really ??????????

I'm just a Gn'R fan. you don't like my choice of words? It's only my opinion...

Band is tighter, thanks to DJ largely, he album is out, new songs to play, not such a 'burden' on the band, axl has a new fire in him....this is undoubtably the best so far!

Out of interest what were the official/unofficial attendances at Tokyo and Osaka?

I gotta say this is the best Chidem tour so far for sure, mainly because of Axl's voice being in top notch most or the time and his positive vibes. DJ is rocking too, his stage presence glows, as does Fortus, he always rocks out. Although its the best Chidem tour, i can't say its the best Chidem line-up, that is reserved for the 2002 line-up, although during that tour Axl didn't sound the best. Buckethead was/is an amazing guitarist, and its the biggest loss to GnR when he left(other then the original members). Sure he had very little stage presence, il admit that, but his studio work was 2nd to none. Same with Finck, he wasnt great live at playing guitar, but he did have a presence, but his live work was quite special. Brain rocks as a drummer and is VERY technical but i think Frank does a great job putting the Rock n Roll sound back in, so i don't have a problem there with him. All in all, i prefer the 2002 line up but this tour seems funner and has more of the GnR mayhem.

I don't see how anyone could say it isn't.

Regardless of whether or not you like the current line up (which you damn well should), this is the first Official Chinese Democracy Tour. The album is actually out for this one. :lol:

And besides, Axl seems to be in a great mood for the tour, giving great performances, and playing songs from CD that we've all wanted to hear. :thumbsup:

Can you guys clarify what you mean by the word 'safe' - because my meaning of the word with respect to music & touring doesn't fit with what you have said in the subsequent paragraphs of your posts?

R.