Bumblefoot wants original HD boots sent to him

gunsguy

Guess BBF got plenty. He tweets...

"Thanks for all the great videos! So many, will need a month to watch them all...! Been listening to all the CDs I got as gifts, some classic stuff, some really cool local bands. OK, time to get off this computer and play some guitar... gnite!! :D "

Guest gunns5

Ron is nothing but a class act, I know thats said millions of times over the past few years, but he really goes above and beyond , 100x moreso then what we are use to when it comes to GnR.

If it was for that, they'd use official pro-shot footage, not audience-shot bootlegs.

You never know.. sometimes audience-shot footage can look very cool after being edited. For instance when you make it slower and grayscale it. It would look vintage. They could add some footage in a video for certain shots.

Edited by Lethalis

When I was on the floor in Toronto I noticed security was really quick to jump on anyone who had their cameras out. Maybe they should rethink the camera policy if they want HD vids shot by the fans.

i talked to security in moncton and they were specifically told no cameras, yet bumble is asking for HD crowd shot. its pretty obvious bumble wouldn't care about cameras, actually it seems he encourages it. unfortunately the man doesn't feel the same way.

I was standing practically under the man in Brasilia and in Rio. In fact, the man stared right into my camera a couple of times and didn't even care. Security outside, on the other hand, were total assholes. Security inside took pics for you if you handed them the camera.

Don't know what went on in Canada, but in Brazil it seemed the no camera thing did not come from the band

Honestly I think they (security) know Axl's history and just don't want shit going down if you are caught. Maybe Axl cares, maybe he doesn't, but they aren't going to take any chances. I actually have a picture I took in 06 in Everett where you can actually see Axl looking into my camera, nothing happened.

Axl looking into my camera: http://img714.imageshack.us/i/dsc00188copy.jpg/ :xmasssanta:

• 2 weeks later...

Those two are his biggest hits, Guitars suck actually charted pretty high in Europe and Turn Around was on his Normal album which is his best selling album. Believe it or not, he wasnt a nobody before GnR. I know because I have been to like 10 of his shows before GnR.

Those two are his biggest hits, Guitars suck actually charted pretty high in Europe and Turn Around was on his Normal album which is his best selling album. Believe it or not, he wasnt a nobody before GnR. I know because I have been to like 10 of his shows before GnR.

Actually, I believe his biggest "hit" in Europe was the release of Uncool in France.

I'm not sure though, but I recall that around 2000, he had quite a big following because of the concept of his band ( Uncool is the return album of a fictional lounge band of the 60's gone rapcore amidst of the nu-metal wave ).

He was on the same label as Enhancer and Lofofora ( two of the biggest metal bands in France at the time ).

Anyway, Ron was always VERY popular in France and not only among guitar nerds. A lot of metal heads were into his music ( because of Hands and Uncool, his two alternative / rapcore albums ).

Anyway, Ron was always VERY popular in France and not only among guitar nerds. A lot of metal heads were into his music ( because of Hands and Uncool, his two alternative / rapcore albums ).

No that's not true, only people who dig solo guitar artists have heard of him in France and that has a lot to do with him joining GNR (whenever you want to buy an album in a french shop the bumblefoot albums all have a stickers showing that Bumblefoot is the lead guitarist of GNR), I regularly go in guitar shops to buy stuff and discuss with customers and sellers about GNR, and sometimes I'm talking about Bumblefoot and nobody knows who he is or "oh yeah I've heard of him".

You never ever hear a guitar solo artist on a french radio station.

Basically french people are totally retarded when it comes to music and follow all the hype stuff (lady gaga, the random french artists that won the last pathetic musical reality show, christophe mae and so on), in fact very very few young people know Guns N' Roses, so you can imagine they have never heard of Ron Thal.

I think that has a lot to do with education and the medias, music lessons in school are a joke, nothing in the state encourages you to learn an instrument and the medias (tv, radios) only promote the latest thing around, there's no way in hell people would have heard of Bumblefoot here without Guns N' Roses, unless you are a guitar player or a music lover.

Well...

I was at one of his show back in 2002 and it didn't look anything like a guitar clinic...There were like what, 400 people ( it's not much but not 50 people either like you find in guitar clinics ) and there were mosh pits, people singing along to Uncool songs etc...

Back in 2004 he had videos on his website of that tour and you could clearly see what kind of people went to his shows in France.

Also, in 2000, when Uncool was released, Bumblefoot was promoted like a band effort and there was quite a buzz surrounding not only him but also the band. They were labelled the "pionneers of crooncore" and were even promoted as such. At the time he wasn't promoted by his label ( Jaff records ) as a solo artist at all and even less like a shredder. At the time he was promoted as a RATM meets Frank Sinatra act...

I mean listen to that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT54NiyeaJ4

Doesn't sound like a guitar clinic to me...

If you haven't seen the "T-Jonez" video : http://bumblefoot.com/video/Bumblefoot_-_2002_-_Uncool_-_T-Jonez_(music_video).m4v

This is how the band looked at the time and how it was promoted. The whole album sounds like that ( rap metal lounge ).

He was really popular at the time.

Sure, not Johnny Hallyday popular, but at least Devin Townsend popular in France.

Edited by The Glow Inc.