Axl Rose slams Azoff

superdave

He always has to get his 2 cents in... then throw in a disclaimer, so he doesn't look bad - " Anyways, I don't keep up with that, I don't follow it."

Or maybe it was because he was doing an interview and the reporter asked him the question.

I agree with Orsys on this one.

I'm not a Slash hater and I don't necessarily disagree with him, but this pisses me off. I don't see why he has to stick his nose into this.

Even if he was just asked a question he can jus say that he "doesn't know anything and no comment"...

Yeah he should just keep his mouth shut. It has nothing to do with him. He doesnt know the in's and out's of the whole thing.

You can't be more stupied than you guys....

An interviewer asked him a question and he just answers it.

What should he else do? Just answers the question like the 'members' of GN'R? Than you can choose between:

- I am not allowed to answer that question

- No comment

- Don't know what the band will do

- Have no idea

I think (atleast hope) you get my point.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think some people think that Axl and Slash get up every morning and go through the internet trying to find out what each other are doing. Slash made a comment he has as much freedom of speech as anybody else in this country so get over it and quit trying to pick his comments apart. I doubt Axl cares about what Slash thinks about the law suit.

I would think all of Axl's fans would be more interested in focusing positive energy toward him and his legal team. The guy Axl is suing is the most powerful person in the music business in the US and I for one hope Axl wins this one. But it will not be easy if even possible. This guy has the money and resourses to keep Axl in court for the next 10 or so years. And for those of you that think this asshole only has power in the US think again. Big business always takes care of itself it has no borders.

'Big business always takes care of itself it has no borders.'

That sounded kinda good. A bit like the universe. That BIG.

The down side to all this is, its more sh-t for Axl's mind to deal with. The sooner it's delt with, the better.

It might be the latest / another reason for Axl not to appear on stage for a while.

Then again, he might appear on stage, just prove he can, with or without Azoff. It'll also be something to bitch about while on stage.

Hell, it'll even fill a chapter in the Axl Rose book, when it appears, which it will do, some day.

Geez I would love for Axl to write an autobiography someday...do you really think he would open up and actually do it?????....and would he be as open about his life as Slash was??....now that would be a book to read!!!

So since I asked the original question, I would just like to say that I never picked apart anyone's comments, I come to this board to discuss GnR. When I want to do something else I go elsewhere. It's called adult conversation folks. You know, different people pose their viewpoints and it is open for discussion. I don't say I'm completely right or wrong and I don't believe anyone is. It's just a converation. Sometimes when someone presents an additional idea to the conversation it might make me look at things differently, sometimes not. That's how conversation works. The constant attacks for just having a conversation on this board are becoming a turnoff.

I think that it might be time to self-examine why you must attack instead of converse. Hopefully it's not becoming a lost art.

On topic, with Slash I don't think things are that simple. I think he watches every word he says - I think he has to. So that every word he says may be well thought out (see what I did there? I didn't say is well thought out, I said may be well thought out.)

Edited by Orsys

Slash knows Axl is right for countersuing (who wouldnt?!?) OR Slash simply didnt read why Axl is countersuing. Sabotage for a reunion amoung other offenses.

Since Slash commented on Axl not paying commissions it sounds like he has an idea what Axl is up to and it does not sound like he thinks Axl is justified........he had to put up with Axl's BS for many years so I imagine he is amused by the whole situation......same shit different day with Axl.....another day another law suit..............

Axl's suit makes a lot of unsubstantiated accusations which will be difficult to prove in court.............my guess is this settles before it goes to trial most likely not in Axl's favour..........he will be lucky to get out of this battle with a draw............but looking on the bright side maybe it will inspire him to write some new music...............

He always has to get his 2 cents in... then throw in a disclaimer, so he doesn't look bad - " Anyways, I don't keep up with that, I don't follow it."

Or maybe it was because he was doing an interview and the reporter asked him the question.

I agree with Orsys on this one.

I'm not a Slash hater and I don't necessarily disagree with him, but this pisses me off. I don't see why he has to stick his nose into this.

Even if he was just asked a question he can jus say that he "doesn't know anything and no comment"...

Yeah he should just keep his mouth shut. It has nothing to do with him. He doesnt know the in's and out's of the whole thing.

Oh the irony of this post.

And as far as Slash is concerned, who cares if he has an opinion? Who cares if he doesn't follow the case closely?You can know some details about something without following and knowing every little deatil. For example, I don't follow the Yankees but I know they're 4 games behind the Rays.

The only thing Slash cares about is promoting the new CD and his family.

You give Slash too much credit. What is he scheming and plotting?

I think they're all tired of GNR "war stories" of days gone past. and listening to journalists go "did you hear what Slash said about you, Axl?" or vice versa.

They'll eventually come together to promote unreleased footage and music, the same way Steve Perry is still involved with marketing his time in Journey. They all "reunited" and lost to sue over the greatest hits.

You don't think Slash harbors resentment over signing rights over for Axl to have (somewhat) complete control? He gets enough work to maintain a quality of life most of us will never know.

Yeah Slash is trying to curry favour with Azoff by making a passing comment on the lawsuit...sure thats it.....that Slash is a scheming calculated bastard always trying to get over on Axl..................I mean really the man was asked a question and he offered his opinion.....he is in the business and knows more than we do so if anyone is in a position to comment it would be him Yes??. I am still trying to figure out why Slash can't comment on anything Axl in all your opinions...as someone said Axl probably does not care so why do you??? and even if Axl does care why do you?????.................very curious..................

The only thing Slash cares about is promoting the new CD and his family.

You give Slash too much credit. What is he scheming and plotting?

I think they're all tired of GNR "war stories" of days gone past. and listening to journalists go "did you hear what Slash said about you, Axl?" or vice versa.

They'll eventually come together to promote unreleased footage and music, the same way Steve Perry is still involved with marketing his time in Journey. They all "reunited" and lost to sue over the greatest hits.

You don't think Slash harbors resentment over signing rights over for Axl to have (somewhat) complete control? He gets enough work to maintain a quality of life most of us will never know.

Yeah Slash is trying to curry favour with Azoff by making a passing comment on the lawsuit...sure thats it.....that Slash is a scheming calculated bastard always trying to get over on Axl..................I mean really the man was asked a question and he offered his opinion.....he is in the business and knows more than we do so if anyone is in a position to comment it would be him Yes??. I am still trying to figure out why Slash can't comment on anything Axl in all your opinions...as someone said Axl probably does not care so why do you??? and even if Axl does care why do you?????.................very curious..................

Agree Dalsh, is he still bitter with Axl? no doubt as he was put through a lot of shit but I don't see how he is plotting against Axl......people ask Slash his opinion he gives it....sometimes it is not in Axl's favour.....if anything he is holding back how he really feels........He seems very happy with his lot in life these days doing his own thing and clean and sober.........can't people just be happy for him?

I hope you are right that they can come together some day and release some of the archive stuff...it is up to Axl really...the others would do it but he holds the key to the vault.............

Edited by classicrawker

Slash was asked for his opinion and he gave it simple as that, just like everyone on here has their opinions and have created accounts to give them. The difference is his opinions are based on first hand experience and people ask for his take because people give a shit. Unlike us Mygnr members who just post piss and wind all day. But Slash's according to some here Slash is not allowed opinions about Guns N Roses activities.

And as far as Slash is concerned, who cares if he has an opinion? Who cares if he doesn't follow the case closely?You can know some details about something without following and knowing every little deatil. For example, I don't follow the Yankees but I know they're 4 games behind the Rays.

Slash was asked for his opinion and he gave it simple as that, just like everyone on here has their opinions and have created accounts to give them. The difference is his opinions are based on first hand experience and people ask for his take because people give a shit. Unlike us Mygnr members who just post piss and wind all day. But Slash's according to some here Slash is not allowed opinions about Guns N Roses activities.

Exactly.... :thumbsup:

THIS SHOULD BE THE END ALL OF ALL GNR REUNION THREADS. Axl is counter suing Azoff because he try to bully Axl into a reunion and he didn't want any part of it. Thank God. I hate the fact that Axl has to go through this shit just to shove the point of not fucking with him into dumb kids skulls.

THIS SHOULD BE THE END ALL OF ALL GNR REUNION THREADS. Axl is counter suing Azoff because he try to bully Axl into a reunion and he didn't want any part of it.

Again...you don't know who's telling the truth. You were not there, and so, you're just choosing to believe one side of a story between two strangers. Anyone who claims to know what really went down is a liar or delusional....possibly both.

Edited by Nintari

THIS SHOULD BE THE END ALL OF ALL GNR REUNION THREADS.

Are you kidding!!

If anything, now we know for a fact, that people that have Axl's ear, and that he has trusted (Azoff), do talk to him about one.

Also, why would people think that Slash doesn't care about this. Granted Axl owns the name, but Slash, Duff and co. do recieve some cash from their work with Guns.

No doubt, he follows what Axl does - He stills get paid from GNR - so obviously he doesn't want the brand ruined or tarnished.

Think of Axl as the CEO, and Slash, Duff, Izzy as mid-level stockholders.

Slash might not be keeping up with what Axl is doing with GNR on a daily basis, but I bet his lawyer is.

Hopefully this counter-suit will put an end to the whole "Ruenion" thing. Azoof is a very powerful man in the music world, and he is also known for reuniting some of the most legendary bands, The Eagles, Pink Floyd and Van Halen. There is just one band he couldn't reunite, the original Guns N' Roses. You know why? Because Axl and Slash had drifted apart so much in musical style and overall people that they probably haven't talk to eachother in years. Axl is not gonna throw everything he did for thel ast 15 years away, every bandmate he worked with, everything he said, to force himself to go reunite with Slash for a few milion dollers. He's been very vocal about he never want's to reunite with Slash.

And now even though Azoff tried eveything in his power to sabotage the new GN'R to get Axl to reunite with the old band, he did NOT succeed in doing so. You know why? Because Axl doesn't want to do it! Probably neither does Slash to! Face it people it won't happen! If a guy who reuinited bands that continuly said they "were never going to reunite" but did can't reuinte GN'R, it's over!

Sure I would love a reunion, but I don't see it happening. Maybe at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame they may play a song or two, but they know what happened in the past and I doubt they'll wanna go through that again! Axl will still show up late, Slash will still just wanna play "Rock and Roll," it'll never end!

Back on topic, after Azoff relized that the impossible ( a GN'R reuinion) was impoosible, he left! He couldn't do it, it wouldn't work, Axl wasn't gonna fall for Azoff anymore. He (Axl) wasn't gonna reunite with the old band because I don't think he want's to, and quite frankly, I don't think he every will. Well, not with Slash anyway.

Slash might not be keeping up with what Axl is doing with GNR on a daily basis, but I bet his lawyer is.

No. Slash visit this forum on his free time.

considering he recently expressed a suprised founding between between split fans among Axl supporters and Original GNR.. i doubt he shares Axl's past time activity

THIS SHOULD BE THE END ALL OF ALL GNR REUNION THREADS. Axl is counter suing Azoff because he try to bully Axl into a reunion and he didn't want any part of it.

Again...you don't know who's telling the truth. You were not there, and so, you're just choosing to believe one side of a story between two strangers. Anyone who claims to know what really went down is a liar or delusional....possibly both.

oh are you on drugs?? you cant be serious with that...

Everyone knows axls worked on this band for over a decade, like it or not, that's how it went. He's determined to follow through. Regardless I believe him because, it is Azoff afterall. Don't know him personally, but know enough to know he'll take advantage of the best possible money situation in his favor. It makes sense that he would want a reunion and axl feeling pressured wouldn't want to do it. He has a rep for reuniting bands and taking care of the best possible situation. I think he felt by shoving it in axls face it would have worked in his favor, THANKFULLY it didn't. A reunion some day would be great, but now, a reunion is just dumb. Just no chance and not happening anyways. Sadly it appears some people in here are still bitter with axl for getting ripped off or waiting long for a show with axl, that they're siding with slash.

No I suppose we don't know what happened...but that makes about as much sense as any reason for gnr not releasing videos or touring off of chinese democracy. Try to argue all you want but the bottom line is you just dont work on something that long and just give up THAT easy.

Edited by AxlRose14

everyone knows axls worked on this band for over a decade, like it or not, that's how it went. He's determined to follow through. Regardless I believe him because, it is Azoff afterall. Don't know him personally, but know enough to know he'll take advantage of the best possible money situation in his favor. It makes sense that he would want a reunion and axl feeling pressured wouldn't want to do it. Sadly it appears some people in here are still bitter with axl for getting ripped off or waiting long for a show with axl, that they're siding with slash.

What a way to tell the truth!

Everyone knows axls worked on this band for over a decade, like it or not, that's how it went. He's determined to follow through. Regardless I believe him because, it is Azoff afterall. Don't know him personally, but know enough to know he'll take advantage of the best possible money situation in his favor. It makes sense that he would want a reunion and axl feeling pressured wouldn't want to do it. He has a rep for reuniting bands and taking care of the best possible situation. I think he felt by shoving it in axls face it would have worked in his favor, THANKFULLY it didn't. A reunion some day would be great, but now, a reunion is just dumb. Just no chance and not happening anyways. Sadly it appears some people in here are still bitter with axl for getting ripped off or waiting long for a show with axl, that they're siding with slash.

No I suppose we don't know what happened...but that makes about as much sense as any reason for gnr not releasing videos or touring off of chinese democracy. Try to argue all you want but the bottom line is you just dont work on something that long and just give up THAT easy.

That's what I'd been trying to say. Axl's not gonna give up and throw away he did, worked with, and said to reunite with the old band for a few million dollars. If he was, he would have done it a long time ago. Even through the weak album sales, half-filled arena's and bickering and complainig about the new GN'R, he won't wanna reunite with Sash to get big album ales and sold out arena's in the U.S.There won't be no reunion!

THIS SHOULD BE THE END ALL OF ALL GNR REUNION THREADS. Axl is counter suing Azoff because he try to bully Axl into a reunion and he didn't want any part of it. Thank God. I hate the fact that Axl has to go through this shit just to shove the point of not fucking with him into dumb kids skulls.

many threads ago should have been the end all to that topic.

its not happening, anyone with a brain whose followed Axl and GnR have known this for years. people can choose to be bitter and ignorant, but it gets old when it comes topic after topic.

Everyone on this site, as a fan of Axl and Guns N Roses music, should ask themselves this simple question. Would you rather Axl not perform or create music at all? Or would you rather he does it with a group of musicans he enjoys playing with.. its simple.

Edited by Graveyard

Some have said, Axl's an artist first, and money is the lesser priority.

If this is true, then why is Axl bothering to sue Azoff for 5 million? where's he getting the sum of 5 million from?

If Axl gets his 5 million, and Azoff is as influential as some say, then surely this could screw GN'R's future, as Azoff will see to it, that it will cost Axl alot more than 5 million in the long run.

-

From a business perspective, you've got to hand it to Azoff.

If what Axl claims is true, then a reunited Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy/Gilby Adler/Sorum would have filled stadiums around the world.

Why would you hand it to Azoff? He lost, there was no reunion.

Axl IS an artist first, but he's got every right to countersue when he's been sued himself... don't you think? I'm sure he's getting the 5 million from somewhere, but that's for him and his lawyers to know, otherwise, I'd guess we'd know already.

Also... just because someone puts art before music, it doesn't mean that they shouldn't get paid or seek financial retribution in situations like this. One thing has nothing to do with the other - it's doesn't mean they are a sell out or that they are putting money before music, which you are obviously hinting at.

Edited by axl8302

Axl is suing Azoff because he screwed GNR and is the cause of the setbacks.

Reunion talk is ridiculous, if Axl reunited the original band permanently it would mean that the past 10+ years that he's spend building the band he wanted, making the music he wanted, and the emotional rollercoaster that went along with it was nothing but a waste. Axl might not have the superstar status of Sla$$, but he has personal happiness and integrity, which is what matters.

Axl's countersuit is a defensive move on his lawyers part and since he doesn't seem inclined to settle with Azoff it is a smart move for the short term..............If everything Axl says is true he would have filed long before Azoff did....Axl and his lawyers are throwing shit against the wall in some hope that some of it sticks.........you all can cheer him on as being a rebel taking giving the finger to the big bad wolf but remember one thing....... even if he should somehow win, which I doubt , he still has to deal with Azoff's TM/LN, which controls 95% of the ticket sales and most of the major venues in the U.S. if he wants to do a real tour of the U.S.......................you have to know when to hold em and when to fold em and Axl is holding his cards too long in this case........he should settle and move on.........