Best Live Song Embellishments

axlsfury

Thought I'd start a thread about the best live song embellishments that Guns has done since 2000.

This could be an extended intro, outro, guitar solo, some extra drum fills on a track etc......

To me there are a few standouts:

2002 Tour - Nightrain guitar solos and outro (Bucket)

2009-2010 Tour - (Tokyo, Japan in particular) 2 minute extended intro for Rocket Queen Note: In my opinion, this has got to be one of the BEST GODDAMN intros EVER!!! If you haven't heard it, check this shit out. Bumble is phenomenal as he makes his guitar wail like a crazed siren while Tommy does some great bass noodling and Dizzy blasts the killer bongos. AWESOME!

2009-2010 Tour - Scraped drum intro

2009-2010 Tour - Better Outro (Ashba's guitar work is epic)

I wish these guys would play some kind of extended outro to Prostitute.....that would surely make the list.

2009 If The World in Tokyo.

Axl sings something completely new towards the end. Something like:

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

I think about it all the time

Can't get it outta my mind"

It sounds fucking killer. Wish it was there on the studio version.

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

If theres a cure for this,

I dont want it, i dont want it

If theres a remedy,

i dont want it, i dont want it,

think about it all the time

la de dada da da da da

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

Yeah that's the Jackson 5 song they sung before it and I agree, it fits really nicely into the song.

No one could do night train quite like buckethead

I also really enjoy Ron's night train.

Robin's Sweet Child of Mine and November Rain, the solos were totally made into his own.

And agreed on the SCRAPED drum intro and playing PROSTITUTE regularly!

Rocket Queen, tokyo 92.. Slash's extended soloing under Axl's 'don't ever leave me say you'll always be there...'

Totally agree with this, but the live performance of the song in general was one which lured me to the band so to speak. I was hooked ever since hearing the Live Era version in the early hours of a road trip.

As for the new lineup, loving KOHD and Nighttrain @ Tokyo 09, fantastic extended versions with Axl pushing his voice. One of the best performances of the current tour without a doubt, not just the longest.

Edited by Azazel

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

If theres a remedy,

la de dada da da da da

It's from a Snoop Dogg and 2pac song if I remember. And that version was fucking outstanding, the highlight of what I've heard from Guns during this tour. Shackler's Revenge has also been a nice surprise, it's turned out well.

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

If theres a remedy,

la de dada da da da da

It's from a Snoop Dogg and 2pac song if I remember. And that version was fucking outstanding, the highlight of what I've heard from Guns during this tour. Shackler's Revenge has also been a nice surprise, it's turned out well.

Snoop Dogg and 2pac did do a song using lyrics like that, but Axl sings the lyrics from the original song by Diana Ross, "Love Hangover".

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

If theres a remedy,

la de dada da da da da

Snoop Dogg and 2pac did do a song using lyrics like that, but Axl sings the lyrics from the original song by Diana Ross, "Love Hangover".

this

its not a snoop dogg song, its a dianna ross one

"I don't want it,

I don't want it

If theres a remedy,

la de dada da da da da

this

its not a snoop dogg song, its a dianna ross one

Awesome, I'll have a listen.

Edit:- Ha, I remember this song. It's great. I thought it fit in with If The World really well, added some variety too.

Edited by Conor

Nightrain 2009-10 (Tokyo or Osaka I think) Axl sung an entire octave higher for the first couple of verses!!! Insane!

Nightrain in Tokyo (2009) - The whole thing sounded phenomenal. Axl's vocal was the best I've heard on the song and Ron nailed so fuckin' much his outro solo.

Scraped (2009, 2010) - The new intro made the song stronger. Axl's vocal is so strong on this one... oh, and the solos are reeeeeeally good.

There Was a Time in Tokyo (2009) - Axl's screams are the most impressive I've ever heard from him. Bumblefoot's outro sounded fuckin' fantastic and his backing vocals were incredible as well.

Prostitute (2009) - Loved it - wish they'd play it more often...

Catcher in the Rye (2010) - Axl's vocals sound really good with the raspy voice and the outro is even better than the studio version - Axl, Frank and Ron nail it everytime they perform the song.

Don't Cry in St. Petersburg (2010) - The "new" version of the song is great! Axl's vocals and Ron's playing throughout are amazing, awesome!!

This I Love (2010) - Ashba finally nailed the solo in 2010 and Axl's got it.

Rocket Queen in Tokyo (2009) - The extended intro was awesome! Ron doing those slides on the fretless made the song even better. The outro is amazing as always.

November Rain in Rio (2001) - Axl sang the song with so much emotion... loved the way he sang it at Rock in Rio. Robin's and Buckethead's solos were the best back then...

Nightrain in Germany (2006) - Axl's vocals and Bumblefoot solos are the highlight for me. The band was on fire

Welcome to the Jungle in Germany (2006) - Another good performance. Axl's intro scream was probably the best ever.

Rocket Queen in Osaka (2007) - They nailed the whole thing and the outro solos by Robin and Ron were amazing!

Nightrain (2002) - Even though Buckethead's solo is pretty generic, it sounded damn good and fresh - brought the song to a new level...

Welcome to the Jungle in Rio (2001) - Axl's intro scream made the crowd of 200.000 people jump like crazy

Riad n' The Bedouins in Las Vegas (2001) - The best recording of the song is also the best live performance. Brain's drumming was fuckin' great...

Don't Cry in Chiba (2007) - Axl has put so much emotion on that performance...

HA, I could go on...

Nightrain 2009-10 (Tokyo or Osaka I think) Axl sung an entire octave higher for the first couple of verses!!! Insane!

Rocket Queen in Tokyo (2009) - The extended intro was awesome! Ron doing those slides on the fretless made the song even better. The outro is amazing as always.

I just can't get enough of this intro. It's fucking amazing.

Have they played it like that at any other recent concerts?

Budapest '06 - Axl's singing in the last choruses of Madagascar was fuckin' magic.

Boston '02 - Bucket's Nightrain outro was amazing

Rock Am Ring '06 - Axl on I.R.S, Nightrain and WTTJ was awesome.

Robin's guitar poetry on the Gibson shows '06, Boston '02 and New york (4 shows) and his New Jeresy solo spot.