Which GNR guitarist (old and new) messed up the most live?

Towelie

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin by far.

Then Dj ( even though his playing is usually clean and he has a really great tone ).

Then Slash back in the nineties. He does not fuck up that much anymore now.

The others usually don't make mistakes. They might not play the songs with the same feel as on the albums, have a different tone, shred the fuck out of blues songs etc....but they don't make mistakes, as in "oh fuck what did I just do".

Slash-Man did he fuck up in the 80's and 90's. I can count on my fingers how many times he got the SCOM solo right back then.

Robin Finck-Yea......I voted this guy.

Buckethead-Other than really shitty bends at some of Slash's songs, he did great the entire time.

Bumblefoot-In 06 he improvised almost all the solos, and the majority of them were great(others no). Now he's spot on all the time.

Richard Fortus-He does great almost all the time, I cant think of any fuckups.

DJ Ashba-He fucked up all the time in the beginning of the tour. Now he's mostly great.

Paul Huge=He was a terrible player.

Izzy Stradlin=I never really listened to him very much so I cant really say.

Gilby Clarke-Same as Izzy.

Robin Finck, Because of this:

(Skip to 2nd Solo)

Holy fuck that was just wretched. I'd be pissed if I paid good money to see the band play live and THAT what was greeted my ears during November Rain. At least Ashba can hit all the notes.

(Skip to 2nd Solo)

Holy fuck that was just wretched. I'd be pissed if I paid good money to see the band play live and THAT what was greeted my ears during November Rain. At least Ashba can hit all the notes.

Personally, I love that solo.

I have always been in two minds about Robin, either he is an awful guitarist or he just let his fingers play exactly what they wanted to play.

That's why I don't consider his fucks ups as fuck ups, to me they're Finck Ups.

(Skip to 2nd Solo)

Hmmm... he didn't fail to play the solo, he wanted to play it that way. Don't know what he was thinking :rofl-lol: But he did an awesome job on playing his TWAT solos live.