Chinese Democracy - Alternative Art and Covers

ManetsBR

Look at the last picture where Bumble is signing, it has the different artwork!!! Its the red hand with the Chinese Democracy lyrics on it!! The full booklet exists, someone contact this dude!!

Edited by Young_Gun

Why would he let bumble sign that rare copy? Just kidding.

To make it even more rare!

Someone on this board gotta have it! More pics please.

Where did he get that copy from i don't know?? Not only is it a different cover, but the artwork and actual CD cover is different.

Where did he get that copy from i don't know?? Not only is it a different cover, but the artwork and actual CD cover is different.

Well, as said before, some copies were printed. The alt. covers were on pre-sale on BestBuy, if someone had ordered them, they would have received?

Well, as said before, some copies were printed. The alt. covers were on pre-sale on BestBuy, if someone had ordered them, they would have received?

Are you suggesting that the 'Hello Grenade' cover were also ordered and received?

has anyone seen a red hand cover in a music store in Europe? (or any other different covers )or was it only available in Best-Buy in USA?

It was not available at Best-Buy in the USA or anywhere else. It was goign to be but they nixed it. A few got printed up but not for sale at Best-Buy - these few have gotten out in the world, much in the same way that a test pressing ends up on eBay somewhere. The person I know who has one did not get it on eBay. He was given it by someone, and I'm guessing someone in the industry. Here's to hoping they re-release CD with alt artwork! Or here's to hoping I find one on eBay!!!

The guy asked me to remove his pictures, simce they were taken from his private facebook .

So if the mods could remove the pics it would be much appreciated.

sorry

Good god, what a wuss.

Yes because invasion of privacy and taking someones photos without permission is something we should be condoning.

has anyone seen a red hand cover in a music store in Europe? (or any other different covers )or was it only available in Best-Buy in USA?

It was not available at Best-Buy in the USA or anywhere else. It was goign to be but they nixed it. A few got printed up but not for sale at Best-Buy - these few have gotten out in the world, much in the same way that a test pressing ends up on eBay somewhere. The person I know who has one did not get it on eBay. He was given it by someone, and I'm guessing someone in the industry. Here's to hoping they re-release CD with alt artwork! Or here's to hoping I find one on eBay!!!

nothing goes the right way in the GNR world... yeah I learned to accept that through all these years, but I hate when it concerns things which aren't the band's fault...for example, the mistakes in the lyrics in the CD booklet. But re-releasing the same 14 songs, but with alternative artwork doesn't make any sense. I know that Axl said that he wanted the booklet etc to be done properly, but

he would immediately be accused of doing it for money. However, if they re-release it with, let's say, one or two bonus tracks, then it

would be a nice idea. But let's be reasonable, It is highely doubtful.

Edited by DrDrei

If they do re-release it with an alternate cover (doubt they will), they should include the studio Silkworms & the Oh My God Remix Axl mentioned as bonus tracks, and then either a bonus live CD or DVD with the current lineup. that would give the fans something worthwhile while at the same time Axl can save new tracks for future albums, everybody wins.

The guy asked me to remove his pictures, simce they were taken from his private facebook .

So if the mods could remove the pics it would be much appreciated.

sorry

Good god, what a wuss.

Dammit I missed them! Did anyone save these images? Could someone PM them to me? Thanks!

• 2 months later...