GNR no Major Touring in the USA Why?

rocker rockstar

Naupis, I have acess to what the tour promoter revealed after the tour, and according to them many concerts sold out. The promoter is T4F in case youre interested, the 4th biggest in the world. Like, for example:

None of the shows was sold out and there were no shows with more than 40.000 people in attendance. Please check the facts!

Show Venue/City (Shows/Sellouts)

Ginásio Nilson Nelson, Brasília, Brazil (1/0)

Mineirinho, Belo Horizonte, Brazil (1/0)

Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil (1/0)

Gigantinho, Porto Alegre, Brazil (1/0)

Estadio Vélez Sársfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina (1/0)

Total Attendance (Capacity)

110.327 (125.785)

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-metallica-guns-n-roses-coldplay-1004081618.story?tag=hpfeed#/events/hot-tours-metallica-guns-n-roses-coldplay-1004081618.story?tag=hpfeed

Both Palestra Italia and Velez Stadiums had a 45 thousand + attendance.

6 South Americans concerts sold out and many were 35.000+ attendance.

:rofl-lol: Very reliable source, thanks!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's going to follow the same kind of life of the Kid Rock record, where songs keep coming - then we'll have really good numbers by summer." Radio's resistance to the title cut is "disappointing," says Chiappardi, but he believes that several of the album's ballads "are going to come through. Maybe not on a November Rain basis, but there's some tracks there." Above all, Chiappardi claims that Chinese Democracy needs time and nurturing. "The record is like a unicorn - there's a legend around it," he says. "It's hard to explain. I think once the smoke clears, it'll rise to the top."

it's going to follow the same kind of life of the Kid Rock record, where songs keep coming - then we'll have really good numbers by summer." Radio's resistance to the title cut is "disappointing," says Chiappardi, but he believes that several of the album's ballads "are going to come through. Maybe not on a November Rain basis, but there's some tracks there." Above all, Chiappardi claims that Chinese Democracy needs time and nurturing. "The record is like a unicorn - there's a legend around it," he says. "It's hard to explain. I think once the smoke clears, it'll rise to the top."

:rofl-lol:

another delusional man in the record industry

Naupis, I have acess to what the tour promoter revealed after the tour, and according to them many concerts sold out. The promoter is T4F in case youre interested, the 4th biggest in the world. Like, for example:

None of the shows was sold out and there were no shows with more than 40.000 people in attendance. Please check the facts!

I think you should read more. Check this site in Spanish: scroll down to see the graphics http://uzisuicide.com.ar/myworld/showthread.php?2729-Nmeros-de-audiencia-del-tour

Edited by Anahzul

I love how some Europeans (absolutely not all) put down the US for being too fat, to stupid, too arrogant, not good enough for GNR blah blah blah blah. But then they're also the first to gloat about how much better fans they are etc. etc.. Isn't that arrogance? Takes one to know one I guess.

News flash: GNR played a whopping 16 dates in Europe. The last U.S. tour was what, 25 or more shows? If GNR did 16 of the biggest markets, in arenas that are bigger than arenas in Europe for the most part, in the US, they'd be more successful. They were on the last tour, and they'll do it again this tour.

I'm just afraid it might not happen in the states because of the Azoff thing. He does control Ticketmaster and the concert market in the US.

What don't people understand about that? Instead it has to be about "we're better than you lolozlolozlzololoz".

Some of you need to grow up.

Two types of people in the world...

Those who go to see Guns N' Roses this year... And those who watch updates on an internet forum......

Thanks for proving my point.

By in large, America rejects this as being Guns N Roses. This translates to half empty shows. Half empty shows translates into very unhappy promoters.

Plus, there's the whole ego trip thing which imo, gets in the way of it happening. If they did smaller shows and clubs, everything would be great.

Edited by Nintari

By in large, America rejects this as being Guns N Roses. This translates to half empty shows. Half empty shows translates into very unhappy promoters.

Plus, there's the whole ego trip thing which imo, gets in the way of it happening. If they did smaller shows and clubs, everything would be great.

By in large the US has shit for taste in music at the present time, what ego thing are you referring to? yours? I doubt seriously if you are an expert in marketing or management so how can you foresee that smaller shows and clubs would be great? How many times have you seen GNR this year? Ever heard of travelling? they have this new invention called passports that make it possible to visit other countries from the US, it works ;)

People on this board keep saying US has shit taste for music, but if you look at the charts, the same songs that are popular in the US are usually the same songs at the top of the charts in most other countries.

axl's treatment of his fans (late starts, cancelled shows, walk-offs) means fewer and fewer people are willing to pay top dollar to see him live anymore.

axl's treatment of his band has made it so that we're now on the fourth or fifth string of players. the brilliant rock stars that fans have known and loved will not be on stage. even the band that recorded the unpopular album they're touring on won't be there. who's going to pay top dollar to see the replacements for the replacements for the replacements of the replacements?

axl's treatment of his business associates has made it difficult to book tours here. irving and ticketmaster is one thing. but what insurance companies are going to gamble on axl? what venue is going to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage on the chance that axl has a bad day and decides not to perform? no competent management companies want to put themselves through the hell he's put others through for the chance to make peanuts on an album/tour that few like. and then to probably get sued for it at the end of the day.

axl has also allowed himself to get a overweight and can't sing as well as he used to.

so why isn't gnr touring the usa? because of axl... because he's mismanaged his band (or "brand") to the point that fans, business associates, band members can't trust it. and of course, there's the new album that only about 50 people around the world really seem to like.

plus, the economy is bad.

In other words, GNR should not tour USA

People on this board keep saying US has shit taste for music, but if you look at the charts, the same songs that are popular in the US are usually the same songs at the top of the charts in most other countries.

No. Its very different. At least here, the songs on TOP CHARTS are not always popular. The radio stations and the whole media here try to copy the US media. Thats why Lady Gaga, for example, is #1 in Brazil and in US, but there are no actual Lady Gaga fans. The radio stations play it a lot, more than anything else, but its just to copy the US media. Lady Gaga albums are not in the TOP10, while rock n roll is not played in the radio stations but dominates the album charts and the tours, Lady Gaga and other pop shit artists would never sell out the stadiums GNR and other rock bands do.

axl's treatment of his fans (late starts, cancelled shows, walk-offs) means fewer and fewer people are willing to pay top dollar to see him live anymore.

axl's treatment of his band has made it so that we're now on the fourth or fifth string of players. the brilliant rock stars that fans have known and loved will not be on stage. even the band that recorded the unpopular album they're touring on won't be there. who's going to pay top dollar to see the replacements for the replacements for the replacements of the replacements?

axl's treatment of his business associates has made it difficult to book tours here. irving and ticketmaster is one thing. but what insurance companies are going to gamble on axl? what venue is going to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage on the chance that axl has a bad day and decides not to perform? no competent management companies want to put themselves through the hell he's put others through for the chance to make peanuts on an album/tour that few like. and then to probably get sued for it at the end of the day.

axl has also allowed himself to get a overweight and can't sing as well as he used to.

so why isn't gnr touring the usa? because of axl... because he's mismanaged his band (or "brand") to the point that fans, business associates, band members can't trust it. and of course, there's the new album that only about 50 people around the world really seem to like.

plus, the economy is bad.

Wow. So of the millions of people that bought Chinese Democracy, you think only 50 like it?

Let me ask you this: When's the last time Axl "had a bad day and decided not to perform?" When did this ever happen? Besides a rumor you read on the internet? Fact is, they played every show in Canada, every show in Asia, every show in South America - had to reschedule one due to a major storm, but I guess that's Axl's fault, right???

A couple in Central America were canceled, and when you look at those, the promoter of one was later arrested! And at the other, there were venue issues and they did attempt to reschedule.

So lets go back to 2006... wait they played all their European shows... Australia? UK? Oh wait played there too. Canceled a handful of shows in the U.S. in 2006.

The last major cancellation issue was in 2002.

And walk-offs? Has that happened since that Detroit show? One show where the band left without an encore... well guess what, not all bands do encores every night. An "encore", as much as it's become tradition, isn't a given at concerts.

So now lets look at other bands. Rhianna, Lilith Fair, etc. canceling shows due to poor ticket sales, but Guns have gone ahead and played to all their large and small shows on this tour regardless.

Aerosmith canceled a ton of shows out in western BC.

I have tickets to see Megadeth at a show that they rescheduled for months down the road. Am I pissed about it? Nope.

So I'm willing to bet that yes, promoters will take a risk, because even at 50% capacity, Guns brings in upwards of 300,000$ a night at the gate at arena shows. He's currently insured for a European tour. He's playing Sturgis as well. You think you don't need insurance in Europe or at festivals?

Late starts? What are we in here, 1989? Don't like it? Don't go. It's a fucking rock concert not a bible reading.

And about the lineup: Let me give you some advice: If you're upset with the current lineup - which I think a lot of people see as the best since the original lineup - there's a section for that.

Guest Apollo

Kyrie - nice posts in this thread.

Unfortunately, there are still a few clowns on this forum who bash Axl for everything he does. Chinese Democracy could have sold 20 million copies and the new GnR could have played three years of sold out shows, breaking concert attendance records.............and these people would still come on here and bash Axl for something. As long as Slash isn't in the band, and as long as a few posters think that Axl is going to read their comments on the forum, they will come here and rip Axl every chance they get. It's pretty pathetic.

Unfortunately, there are still a few clowns on this forum who bash Axl for everything he does. Chinese Democracy could have sold 20 million copies and the new GnR could have played three years of sold out shows, breaking concert attendance records.............and these people would still come on here and bash Axl for something. As long as Slash isn't in the band, and as long as a few posters think that Axl is going to read their comments on the forum, they will come here and rip Axl every chance they get. It's pretty pathetic.

BUT, the reality is:

Chinese Democracy didn't sell, 20 million copies

Chinese Democracy is the biggest flop in GN'R history

GN'R have yet to make a single video for any singles released from the album Chinese Democracy

Chinese Democracy is rarely / very rarely played on the radio

(the new) GN'R cannot sell enough tickets to sell out a US stadium

Festivals are their only opportunity to perform in front of large crowds.

blame it on the music or the times?

BUT, the reality is:

Chinese Democracy didn't sell, 20 million copies

Chinese Democracy is the biggest flop in GN'R history

GN'R have yet to make a single video for any singles released from the album Chinese Democracy

Chinese Democracy is rarely / very rarely played on the radio

(the new) GN'R cannot sell enough tickets to sell out a US stadium

Festivals are their only opportunity to perform in front of large crowds.

blame it on the music or the times?

That "flop" still sold a few million copies. The Best Buy deal made it financially feasible (one thing we can thank Azoff for). By current sales standards that CD actually didn't do too badly - but people are comparing it to a different era, and obsessed over the time it took to come out/money involved.

The new STP album debuted with less than 100,000 copies. First album in 7 years, band doing an arena tour, didn't sell half what CD did.

There's only been a handful of albums this year that sold over 500,000 copies.

Alice in Chains Black Gives Way to Blue was hailed as a success but sold LESS than Chinese Democracy (I love AiC by the way). They're doing an amphitheater tour with Deftones/Mastadon.

When you consider all that - yes, it's mostly the times.

Very few acts can sell out U.S. stadiums. Why the hell is this thread still obsessing over sell outs? Sell outs don't make or break a tour. No one is suggesting a band with a totally new lineup could sell out stadiums after that long between albums, BUT I'd say an arena tour is still likely. The only acts doing stadiums these days are U2, AC/DC, the Stones, Bon Jovi, and a few others.

..., Lady Gaga and other pop shit artists would never sell out the stadiums GNR and other rock bands do.

GNR sold out every stadium on the 09/10 Tour, because wiki said so...

No, GNR sold out almost every stadium they played in South America because the ticket selling agency (Ticketmaster and Ticketek) said so. It was impossible to buy tickets to the concerts several weeks before because according to the ticket selling agency said, in their websites and in their ticket box offices, that it was SOLD OUT. It was SOLD OUT because the promoter and the production said so, it was SOLD OUT because EVERY newspaper on the countries that did an article of the tour/concert said it was sold out, it was Sold Out because I was there and sometimes it was even overcapacity.

Simply, it was sold out because THERE WERE NOT TICKETS LEFT, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SPACE LEFT ON THE VENUE!

Cant you understand that? Cant you just accept that in some places NewGNR/Actual Band (actually its Guns N' Roses, accept) has a great fanbase, cant you accept that liking it or not, the band is still able to sell out big stadiums in just a few days? Cant you see that theres a place on the Earth where people only want to hear good music? The whole stadium singing along the Chinese Democracy songs sometimes overdubbing Axls voice was all I wanted so I could throw it at some MyGNR and other forums idiots like you.

Guns N' Roses is still alive, sucker.

Edited by ManetsBR

..., Lady Gaga and other pop shit artists would never sell out the stadiums GNR and other rock bands do.

No, GNR sold out almost every stadium they played in South America because the ticket selling agency (Ticketmaster and Ticketek) said so. It was impossible to buy tickets to the concerts several weeks before because according to the ticket selling agency said, in their websites and in their ticket box offices, that it was SOLD OUT. It was SOLD OUT because the promoter and the production said so, it was SOLD OUT because EVERY newspaper on the countries that did an article of the tour/concert said it was sold out, it was Sold Out because I was there and sometimes it was even overcapacity.

Simply, it was sold out because THERE WERE NOT TICKETS LEFT, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SPACE LEFT ON THE VENUE!

Cant you understand that? Cant you just accept that in some places NewGNR/Actual Band (actually its Guns N' Roses, accept) has a great fanbase, cant you accept that liking it or not, the band is still able to sell out big stadiums in just a few days? Cant you see that theres a place on the Earth where people only want to hear good music? The whole stadium singing along the Chinese Democracy songs sometimes overdubbing Axls voice was all I wanted so I could throw it at some MyGNR and other forums idiots like you.

Thanks, you are so nice! No SA Show was sold out and there was no show with more than 40.000 people. Accept the facts and don't post your wiki bullshit anymore. GNR did very good numbers in SA so there so no reason to fake the numbers and post complete bullshit like you do.

Edited by MK83

Thanks, you are so nice! No SA Show was sold out and there was no show with more than 40.000 people. Accept the facts and don't post your wiki bullshit anymore. GNR did very good numbers in SA so there so no reason to fake the numbers and post complete bullshit like you do.

Dude accept that many South American concert were sold out! And 3 or 4 had 40.000+! Baz said Sao Paulo had more than 60 thousand, he was wrong though, it was in the max 50+.

Almost every concert of the S. America Tour Axl asked the crowd to take on step back because the people of the front row were getting hurt.

OgAAAPDDyN7RH68Pv0y2oMNxep54RZrAip5DZRgATKDCnITmL78IzPPnOhAKB0TxoXV3Ojv3XEF8sDIzD3qQsUtSFqsAm1T1UF147Z8eP7SczfXeGjTrvurwH8gm.jpg

OgAAAK_ewBBLo0xHzL5g0OxnaJ-ZSXMg589aNmTpKcAdmNYpS3fkzZkdiqiW8bf_T0641lfCOVqSnoV8Wrt9yBaLEjgAm1T1ULrg8zpTT2XUhlwFlCDptHeEe6dw.jpg

Why do you insist in deny this?

Edited by ManetsBR