Which Aerosmith album should I get next?

Towelie

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said Draw the Line simply because I'm much more of a fan of their earlier style. That and "Kings and Queens" and "Draw the Line" are essential songs from their discography. I'm not a huge fan of their later style where they had a much more pop rock sound, but Pump is still a very good album.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Draw The Line and Get a Grip are the best of them. Pump has got one great song, but the rest sucks on it. The rest pretty much sucks.

Draw The Line and Get a Grip are the best of them. Pump has got one great song, but the rest sucks on it. The rest pretty much sucks.

Pump is their best album, imo.

None of them are particularly good. Just Push Play has a pretty good production, though.

Get A Grip is excellent.

Some people will tell you that nothing by Aerosmith after 1985 is worth listening. Those people are IDIOTS

But I guess it's what you're into basically. Just listen to the singles from each album (see them on Wikipedia), they'll give a pretty good idea of what the album sounds like.

I voted Done With Mirrors. I guess it was a total flop when it came out, but I think just about every song on it is awesome. Let the music do the talking? How can you not want to get drunk and whip juke boxes through windows when that song is playing?

i agree. it's a great album. i like "Permanent Vacation" and "Pump" alot, but they were definitely getting some outside help and changed their sound.

"Done With Mirrors" is the last album with the classic 70's sound. It's basically a 70's Aerosmith album that came out in 1985.

***6 beer EDIT***

if i could, i'd change my vote to "Draw The Line". THEN "Done WIth Mirrors".

i think i underrated DTL a little bit. it's definitely a drop off from the high points of Toys and Rocks, but it still has some really great songs on it. and it really is the bookend to "classic" Aerosmith. "Done With Mirrors" is a great comeback album, it just sounded like 70's rock too much for it to be a success in the hair band era. so they went and hooked up with Bruce Fairbairn and Desmond Child and made 100 Million Dollars.

Edited by artfromtex

Well, I bought Pump based on the sheer amount of votes it got in this poll.

Obviously it wasn't a patch on Toys or Rocks, but I was sorta expecting that much. Kinda feels like Aerosmith trying to go for the 80's GNR sound.

Not bad. Think I'll finish getting the 70s albums next though, in the hope that I find something which at least comes close to Toys/Rocks.

• 5 weeks later...