Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

Axl Rose was late? Yes, he was, but why so much drama, this is not news, this is not news at all! This stuff happens since the Illusions tours, why is everyone shocked?

I don't wanna pose like Axl's ass kisser, but some people who were in the crowd said that what happened was the same problem of Rock N' Rev, the GNR gear, Axl was there hours before their concert.

Now regarding the band refusing to go off stage, I think that was very cool. What matters to a band it's their fanbase, and I didn't see ANY booing in the ending of the concert, people were amazed with what was happening, they even chanted FUCK YOU READING, LET THEM PLAY, WE WILL ROCK YOU and signed Paradise City. Well if their attitude at the end of the concert doesn't show some respect for the fans... They even wanted to bring some fans to the stage! They tried to give the fans what they wanted, the music, and the crowd appreciated that! Why others stage had the music going on untill 2 AM and GNR had to go off at midnight? OK, they were indeed late (for some uknwown reason till now), and the Reading boss did warn them, but that was unfair. It was their last song. So he cares mor about the money than the fans? I bet he loved the FUCK YOU READING chant. Well, as long he got the money, fans couldn't chant whatever they wanted, right?

Now back to what matters, the band performance. The media seems to have disliked, but people who went are being very positive and the videos on YouTube show they were very tight. That was an amazing Guns N' Roses, in every term. Rock on!

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that some people think this promoter should risk his license just for Axl Rose. He gave them an extra 30 minutes, even though he didn't have to, especially since he had warned what would happen ahead of time. I think some of you would eat a piece of Axl's shit and call it a Snickers bar, that's how starstruck with him you are..........

But I do love Snickers :lol:

Axl Rose was late? Yes, he was, but why so much drama, this is not news, this is not news at all! This stuff happens since the Illusions tours, why is everyone shocked?

I don't wanna pose like Axl's ass kisser, but some people who were in the crowd said that what happened was the same problem of Rock N' Rev, the GNR gear, Axl was there hours before their concert.

Now regarding the band refusing to go off stage, I think that was very cool. What matters to a band it's their fanbase, and I didn't see ANY booing in the ending of the concert, people were amazed with what was happening, they even chanted FUCK YOU READING, LET THEM PLAY, WE WILL ROCK YOU and signed Paradise City. Well if their attitude at the end of the concert doesn't show some respect for the fans... They even wanted to bring some fans to the stage! They tried to give the fans what they wanted, the music, and the crowd appreciated that! Why others stage had the music going on untill 2 AM and GNR had to go off at midnight? OK, they were indeed late (for some uknwown reason till now), and the Reading boss did warn them, but that was unfair. It was their last song. So he cares mor about the money than the fans? I bet he loved the FUCK YOU READING chant. Well, as long he got the money, fans couldn't chant whatever they wanted, right?

Now back to what matters, the band performance. The media seems to have disliked, but people who went are being very positive and the videos on YouTube show they were very tight. That was an amazing Guns N' Roses, in every term. Rock on!

Actually there was some booing which was directed at the organisers before anyone wants to make out they were booing the band. :lol:

The media will always say shit about GN'R that's how it will always be unless there is a reunion and the way the current band is there really is no need for one.

And he really wasn't that late. Coming on at 11:30 at a festival really isn't that bad especially as at a festival most of the audience don't have work the next day or need to get home. The promoter wanted to prove a point and he did although GN'R got one over as even without electricity they still kept on rocking. I see this show as a high point for the band not a low point by any means. The band were united together yesterday on the stage and the music was insanely good whatever the press would tell you. And even non GN'R fans were won over.

Obviously they wanted to create some controversy.

Agreed. It all seems a little cheap and self-serving to me. Rock n' roll is more about playing for two hours, then deciding to tell the promoters to fuck themselves by playing for another two hours. Pearl Jam is known to do this on occasion. Axl's rationale of, "Let's go on late and not play a full show. Then we'll protest. That'll show 'em!" is a little silly and disingenuous, especially now that it seems so obvious the Twitter fiasco was his attempt to get out of playing this gig..

-Kickingthehabit

THIS I LOVE last night -

LIVE N LET DIE -

so the performance was how? Great! that's like!

PS. sorry for the wrong first post in another post - in the twitter one! :rolleyes:

Axl and the band sound great in these clips, as well as the other clips so far. The crowd was into it too. Makes you wonder what these couple of reviewers problems were. I'm going to go with personal vendetta.

The band sounded awesome, and after watching all of the clips of the end of the show, its pretty clear that the crowd was in GN'R's corner, contrary to the early press reports. This goes to show how far and wide Live Nation's influence is. They basically have much of the media wrapped around their finger. Unbelievable how inaccurate those early reports were, after watching the videos of last night's events!

I was at the show and it was totally amazing. The whole band were on fire. The negative reviews make me laugh. What happened at the end was insane and the whole place was buzzing because of it! The people who booed at the start were still there and now chanting for more and the atmosphere was electric and not like anything I've ever experienced at a live gig. GNR are really the most amazing band around and Axl is a true true rock star. Don't be fooled by the media. That gig was fucking awesome!!!!!!! On a side note qotsa suck balls and were the worst live band i've ever seen. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Highlights for me were CD, This I love and Rocket Queen.

On Sunday 29th August 2010, @axlrose said:

n regard to Reading we feel at the very least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense. We'd also like to thank the fans for being so great, singing along n' not tearing the place apart!!

Apology?

I was at the show and it was totally amazing. The whole band were on fire. The negative reviews make me laugh. What happened at the end was insane and the whole place was buzzing because of it! The people who booed at the start were still there and now chanting for more and the atmosphere was electric and not like anything I've ever experienced at a live gig. GNR are really the most amazing band around and Axl is a true true rock star. Don't be fooled by the media. That gig was fucking awesome!!!!!!! On a side note qotsa suck balls and were the worst live band i've ever seen. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You obviously didn't see the bands on before QOTA :lol:

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

You obviously didn't see the bands on before QOTA :lol:

:lol:

Sorry if this has been show BUT I think even if that is the case it deserves to be shown again, as it is quite simply brilliant and best song of the night,

THIS I LOVE (Audio Only, 2.45 mins long) : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeiknw_til_music

EDIT: can I also say I agree with the guy above, what was with QOTSA, was their amps wrong because the background wail was fucked up and made them sound shit

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1

Guest Apollo

So if u didn't like the show - you are just biased. But if u are a diehard GnR fan - then u are giving an honest review of the show. Makes sense now.

So if u didn't like the show - you are just biased. But if u are a diehard GnR fan - then u are giving an honest review of the show. Makes sense now.

spending hours a day reading about a band online proves you have a completely neutral view of them.

:rofl-lol:

So, it's more on the line's of: the people that are posting the honest opinion's were there. If you weren't there, you really don't have an opinion, or an honest one. Most of the people that were there are posting their reviews with much positivity and saying they liked the show and also the ending.

Especially the piss pour reviews acting as though the crowd booed the band and were hostile and hated Axl, which is complete false. If you watch the video's from the end, they won the crowd over. The crowd were also singing along to Jungle in the video. They were mostly booing in the beginning.

Great to see you enjoyed the show rock4

TIL was played, you were lucky!

Nice!