Tommy getting fed up??

youngunner

the only one that's not replaceable is Axl

the band has moved on when others left buckethead, brain, robin

lame response.

It's true though how many times has someone said if a member leaves the band is over

I think Tommy's sticking around we have zero to little evidence his leaving

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if The General will make the CDII cut after Tommy's departure. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as I keep my drives backed up.

always good to have your stuff backed up on a drive that is off-site, as well. meaning, you could send it to my drive and i'd have no problem storing it for you for the time being.

I wonder if The General will make the CDII cut after Tommy's departure. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as I keep my drives backed up.

always good to have your stuff backed up on a drive that is off-site, as well. meaning, you could send it to my drive and i'd have no problem storing it for you for the time being.

Let me send you a 16 second clip of it first to see if I can trust you like I did with another a few years back.

lame response.

It's true though how many times has someone said if a member leaves the band is over

I think Tommy's sticking around we have zero to little evidence his leaving

Im not going to go down this road about the band...have argued this topic 1000s of times ....GNR will carry on as long as Axl is alive and playing. That is not the point. But if you want to talk in terms of being a band other than one man you have no leg to stand on.

Sounds like B.S. to me - remember Tommy was the one who, in the past, took the mic and threatened that the band would leave if people didn't stop throwing shit.

And as someone else said, how could anyone hear shit?

Could be bullshit, but it could very well be true, much like the story about the chicken coop in the studio(which Beta did confirm) and "aura readings"(which Tom Zutant confirmed). Who knows though. One thing i will say that if Tommy leaves it will certainly NOT be the end of the band. He is just a bass player after all, an average one of that. Im not bashing him but there are better bass players out there like Rob Trujilo from Metallica. The only person who will end the band by leaving is Axl. Hell Robin and Bucket had very prominent roles in the sound of the band and the band has carried on without them. So Tommy leads the band during rehearsal, big deal, im sure the rest of the band are going to stop collecting their very nice pay cheques because of Tommy leaving...

Like I said, I have mixed emotions about Tommy but he is the one who holds this thing together. What is the point of carrying on without him. Its already lame that the lead guitarists dont play songs they wrote....old or new. You can only keep carrying on with newer members for so long. Why do you think this band hasnt taken off over the past decade. The avg rock n roll fan cant name 1 dam player outside of Axl. There is no continuity. Cant expect people to buy into new faces every tour. Not going to work.

lame response.

Hmm i dunno man, Black Label society, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, Smashing Pumpkins and Black Sabbath have had no troubles with revolving members. Lets face it, most people go to a Guns show to see Axl, if Tommy was replaced with a clown that played bass, no one would really care. Things haven't picked up for this band since 1994 because of Axl's on and off tinkering with the album and touring, not to mention being anti-media and doing NO promo. When Bucket and Robin left, it was not reported in the general media, as no one outside hard Guns N' Roses fans would really care, however when Axl so much as bats an eyelid, its all over the papers. Just my opinion though, i don't really get why people view Tommy as a special member really, he is as much a member as Sorum was, and thats it.

Sounds like B.S. to me - remember Tommy was the one who, in the past, took the mic and threatened that the band would leave if people didn't stop throwing shit.

Could be bullshit, but it could very well be true, much like the story about the chicken coop in the studio(which Beta did confirm) and "aura readings"(which Tom Zutant confirmed). Who knows though. One thing i will say that if Tommy leaves it will certainly NOT be the end of the band. He is just a bass player after all, an average one of that. Im not bashing him but there are better bass players out there like Rob Trujilo from Metallica. The only person who will end the band by leaving is Axl. Hell Robin and Bucket had very prominent roles in the sound of the band and the band has carried on without them. So Tommy leads the band during rehearsal, big deal, im sure the rest of the band are going to stop collecting their very nice pay cheques because of Tommy leaving...

Like I said, I have mixed emotions about Tommy but he is the one who holds this thing together. What is the point of carrying on without him. Its already lame that the lead guitarists dont play songs they wrote....old or new. You can only keep carrying on with newer members for so long. Why do you think this band hasnt taken off over the past decade. The avg rock n roll fan cant name 1 dam player outside of Axl. There is no continuity. Cant expect people to buy into new faces every tour. Not going to work.

lame response.

Hmm i dunno man, Black Label society, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, Smashing Pumpkins and Black Sabbath have had no troubles with revolving members. Lets face it, most people go to a Guns show to see Axl, if Tommy was replaced with a clown that played bass, no one would really care. Things haven't picked up for this band since 1994 because of Axl's on and off tinkering with the album and touring, not to mention being anti-media and doing NO promo. When Bucket and Robin left, it was not reported in the general media, as no one outside hard Guns N' Roses fans would really care, however when Axl so much as bats an eyelid, its all over the papers. Just my opinion though, i don't really get why people view Tommy as a special member really, he is as much a member as Sorum was, and thats it.

Your making my point. No one cares because there hasnt been any continuity/promotion since Slash left. The avg rock fan hasnt accepted new gnr because everytime they see them its a new lineup. So that feeds into the whole this isnt gnr its just a revolving door thang. The comeback ship has long sailed but in regards to the hardcore fans you can tell the lineup changes are getting out of hand. And when the harcore base begin to scratch there heads, you know the people who actually dont have a problem with you carryingon the name and accepting a new version,,then you begin to enter the danger zone

lame response.

Your making my point. No one cares because there hasnt been any continuity/promotion since Slash left. The avg rock fan hasnt accepted new gnr because everytime they see them its a new lineup. So that feeds into the whole this isnt gnr its just a revolving door thang. The comeback ship has long sailed but in regards to the hardcore fans you can tell the lineup changes are getting out of hand. And when the harcore base begin to scratch there heads, you know the people who actually dont have a problem with you carryingon the name and accepting a new version,,then you begin to enter the danger zone

I think that most hardcore new Gun fans may have thought the 2002 line up was going to be the "new" Guns N' Roses, but after Bucket and Robin leaving, most have either come to terms with the revolving door policy or think the band is a joke(im in the former). Not many people should expect a solid line up from this band anymore. Axl pays these musicians, where before the people involved(Axl, Slash, Duff etc) were there together, get money only from record sales and touring, no monthly pay cheques. Anyone thinking this is a band just like the original line up needs to take a closer look. The current members play for other artists when there is downtime, the current members play songs and solos written by other former GnR members, the current members have no say in tracklisting, release dates, etc etc. It is a revolving door thing, the line up changes will get worse. Im not refuting what your saying, just adding on to it. I've come to accept the fact that members will come and go(even though im still gutted by Bucket leaving), but as long as Axl is there, il stick around.

Grown adults around the world have made it their mission in life to bring down Axl Rose.

You would be one of them.... apt self description

Ya, right. I've been one of the biggest Axl supporters on this forum since 2002. I've been called every anti-axl name in the book. My dog is named Axl. I became a fan in 1987 - you?

But yes, I don't think that Axl is the perfect person that a few of you do. And I'm not idiotic to think that random reporters from every country in the world have it in to screw Axl. All the comments about media being biased against axl are ridiculous.

Axl is the greatest rock singer in history. But all of the negative press he receieves is because of HIS actions over the past 25 years and NOT because thousands of media members are "against" him.

I'm just curious, how is Tommy the one person holding the band together? Did he write an exceptional amount of CD or something? I mean, of all the band members, he fades into the background more than anyone besides Pittman. Not a slight at him, but he isn't particularly noticeable on stage at all. Is he really any less replaceable than anyone else has been over the past ten years?

Ya, right. I've been one of the biggest Axl supporters on this forum since 2002. I've been called every anti-axl name in the book. My dog is named Axl. I became a fan in 1987 - you?

But yes, I don't think that Axl is the perfect person that a few of you do. And I'm not idiotic to think that random reporters from every country in the world have it in to screw Axl. All the comments about media being biased against axl are ridiculous.

Axl is the greatest rock singer in history. But all of the negative press he receieves is because of HIS actions over the past 25 years and NOT because thousands of media members are "against" him.

Some of these posters are a joke. I'm like you, been a fan longer than most of them have been alive.

In their world you must agree with everything Axl does or you are against him. In their small world it's not possible to love the performer, while pointing out personality traits you are not fond of. You are either all in, as some sort of deluded fanatic that denies the realities of the world, denies personal responsibility, and adheres to silly conspiracy theories, or you hate the band. See how that works?

At the end of the day Axl's problems, just like most of our problems, are self created. It's that simple.

Show up on time, problem solved. Anything after that is an excuse. Period.

The General is the core of the foundation. I am sure they are just stupid rumors. Tommy is the fn man! This replacement will not be replaced.

Tommy is the most important member of Guns N Roses outside of Axl since a certain MR Duff Left the band in 1997

If I had to choose between Tommy and Bumblefoot leaving Tommy would be out the door.

Ok I was standing at the band entrance at the back of the arena and someone recorded through the grate two people arguing one of which was tommy(she said bass player) saying stuff not the same but in the same vain as what is being reported in this thread to someone by the tour buses(according to the source it was del). They videod it but you could see two people but what they were saying is Anyones guess.

The General is the core of the foundation. I am sure they are just stupid rumors. Tommy is the fn man! This replacement will not be replaced.

Tommy is the most important member of Guns N Roses outside of Axl since a certain MR Duff Left the band in 1997

How so? Dizzy has been in the band much longer then Tommy. Robin and Bucket had much more influence on the sound of the latest Guns N' Roses album than Tommy ever did. Pitman had a much stronger imprint on the sound of the album than Tommy. Even Brain(a drummer) wrote the same amount of songs or more on the album than Tommy did. Please explain how he is the most important member post-Duff?? If hitting root-notes on the bass guitar equals importance then you need to raise your standards.

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose.

Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage before 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout: "That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.

"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.

"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.

saw that at the bar

It doesn't say that Tommy is considering his future with the band .

Tommy is right, this is dangerous. You can't play when there is so much hostility towards the band.

I've stuck up for this band for a while, but this is starting to really make me question that. They're showing up later and later for the shows and blowing high profile gigs, and it's getting hard to support them when Axl obviously just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

I've stuck up for this band for a while, but this is starting to really make me question that. They're showing up later and later for the shows and blowing high profile gigs, and it's getting hard to support them when Axl obviously just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

You havnt been following the band to closely then over the years. Showing up later and later ??? They have been showing up an hour late...90 min tops lately. That is not a big deal. For some odd reason the fans and media have been talking about this like its some kind of big deal all of a sudden. Its not. Past tours, 2002,06, and the old days they would regularly go on around 11/1130 which is generally over 2 hrs late.

This topic is getting really overplayed and lame.

You havnt been following the band to closely then over the years. Showing up later and later ??? They have been showing up an hour late...90 min tops lately. That is not a big deal. For some odd reason the fans and media have been talking about this like its some kind of big deal all of a sudden. Its not. Past tours, 2002,06, and the old days they would regularly go on around 11/1130 which is generally over 2 hrs late.

This topic is getting really overplayed and lame.

Agreed.

When I saw them in Oakland in 2006, they started at 12:30 a.m. Let me repeat that, they started at 12:30 a.m. At one of the Hammerstein shows I went to, they started at 11 p.m. You know what the difference was, at least one of them, with those shows as compared to Dublin? No one made things worse by throwing things on stage. Coming on stage late isn't right, but neither is throwing things at the band. It won't undue the lateness and it won't help the current situation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ali