Was anyone else hoping CD was going to be more ''radical''?

Vincent Vega

imagine an album with a reworked omg, the general/checkmate, silkworms, soul monster, atlas shrugged?

fuck that would be awesomeness

How the fuck do you know that? We havent even heard some of those songs... The could be cow dung for all you know

LA

silkworms is great , but from what Ive been told, wont be on the next album, and oh my god is a great song that will be better with the reworked version, and the checkmate clip is pretty good which is half the songs I mentioned.

so yes, I think cd2 will be very fuckin' good for all I know.

I'd say slightly less than half.... We havent heard 2 of those songs at all, and you're guessing the other is amazing from a clip. Then the 2 you listed that we have actually heard, you want one of them 're-worked'....

But yeah, an album full of those 5 songs would be 'awesomeness'.... <_<

LA

Oh My God has been reworked. Axl mentioned it in the chats, its common knowledge B)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imagine an album with a reworked omg, the general/checkmate, silkworms, soul monster, atlas shrugged?

fuck that would be awesomeness

How the fuck do you know that? We havent even heard some of those songs... The could be cow dung for all you know

LA

silkworms is great , but from what Ive been told, wont be on the next album, and oh my god is a great song that will be better with the reworked version, and the checkmate clip is pretty good which is half the songs I mentioned.

so yes, I think cd2 will be very fuckin' good for all I know.

I'd say slightly less than half.... We havent heard 2 of those songs at all, and you're guessing the other is amazing from a clip. Then the 2 you listed that we have actually heard, you want one of them 're-worked'....

But yeah, an album full of those 5 songs would be 'awesomeness'.... <_<

LA

Oh My God has been reworked. Axl mentioned it in the chats, its common knowledge B)

In that case, you can add to the other 3 that you haven't heard B)

LA

well I liked CD, and by going off my logic, if Axl said if you wont like this, then you wont like that, and theres some meaner songs , and then I asked whats the heaviest song he has written , he said soul monster.

so by going off my logic, if cd is good, and cd2 is meant to be similar but meaner in some places, it should be an awesome record. But you're right, I may be completely wrong, its all personal preference though right? :shrugs:

Listening to Oh My God @ end of days now,

Don't know how I would rework this. Axl's vocals has some added distortion in it throughout, he sounds angry and energetic, maybe id try to make that mix a bit more clean. other than that, theres nothing thats wrong here. maybe take the wah-guitar out from under the chorus.

fucking awesome and powerful song. damn.

someone please release the 2000 chinese democracy, please.

Don't know how I would rework this. Axl's vocals has some added distortion in it throughout, he sounds angry and energetic, maybe id try to make that mix a bit more clean. other than that, theres nothing thats wrong here. maybe take the wah-guitar out from under the chorus.

+1

I want more Oh My God=esque songs.

And I actually LOVE My World..I wish it was longer.

You like My World?!

On the subject, Oh My God sucks, so does all those tecno-industrial songs, thank god CD wasn't released in 2000, it would have sucked some major balls

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1

You like My World?!

On the subject, Oh My God sucks, so does all those tecno-industrial songs, thank god CD wasn't released in 2000, it would have sucked some major balls

I feel like you stole your reply from a 13 year old in an YouTube comment section.

If anything Oh My God doesn't feel like it was trampled upon by hordes of producers, audio technicians, and session players. Fresh and angry, the way GNR should be. The son had to grow on me at first, because i cetainly didn't see the industrial influence coming but now I love it.

I love My World because it's seedy, experimental, deranged. It's lyrics are a short but awesome ride into an insane mind, and Axl's vocals are chilling. The little sound effects are used to great effect as well. It was a great, fun little track that gets too much hate IMO. It's like Axl's version of Revolution # 9.

Edited by Indigo Child

I love My World because it's seedy, experimental, deranged. It's lyrics are a short but awesome ride into an insane mind, and Axl's vocals are chilling. The little sound effects are used to great effect as well. It was a great, fun little track that gets too much hate IMO. It's like Axl's version of Revolution # 9.

Agree. I think it's a great ending to two great albums. It like shows a quick, fully-bared peek into the schizoid Axl element that's always present in the songs of the albums.

+1

A whole album of OMG-type songs would be great. My World is awesome.

+1

A whole album of OMG-type songs would be great. My World is awesome.

Maybe not a full albums worth, but having that angry industrial grit going on as the engine with axls more aggressive styles is fucking powerful.

I think he does far worse with his "I want to be like Queen" antics, though its not bad at all. But he is quite at home when screaming over wailing distorted guitars and a fast, pounding rhythm section.

It has been said before...CD is too intellectual and deep for the vast majority. (This fact is actually worse in the US)

That is rich. :rofl-lol:

Nice trolling.

Nope. Want some good trolling? Read everything George Glass posts. Matter of fact anyone that wastes their life hating a band on an internet forum dedicated to them is in cupcake territory...hint hint? It is actually borderline schizo....

Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year :D

Christmas was two days ago. Maybe you need to go listen to Chinese Democracy again and eat your fish oil. Disagreeing with the state of the band, especially when there hasn't been an enduring model and the most successful version is far removed isn't anywhere close to shcizo. :crazy:

CD suffered commercially because lyrically, it's way too internalized. When you listen to song's like "Working Class Hero" or "Wonderful", your hearing songs that most people can relate to. Most people don't relate to anything on CD. The only song that's cut and dry is TIL but it's way too dated musically.

You make it big by writing songs that lyrically appeal to people (SCOM). CD falls way short in that department.

Edited by Nintari

CD suffered commercially because lyrically, it's way too internalized. When you listen to song's like "Working Class Hero" or "Wonderful", your hearing songs that most people can relate to. Most people don't relate to anything on CD. The only song that's cut and dry is TIL but it's way too dated musically.

You make it big by writing songs that lyrically appeal to people (SCOM). CD falls way short in that department.

Your "because" is fucked up.

Because was actually: axl refused to promote, leading into weak media exposure, leading into a dud.

Musically, the lyrics weren't the weak spot, it was the whole jigsaw-1999 meets 2007 in ProTools- thing that Axl insisted upon.

Also, no real producer to be found. And that is simply because no real fucking producer would allow five stupid long buildup intros to a simple rock song. (the title song)

Because was actually: axl refused to promote, leading into weak media exposure, leading into a dud.

Musically, the lyrics weren't the weak spot, it was the whole jigsaw-1999 meets 2007 in ProTools- thing that Axl insisted upon.

Also, no real producer to be found. And that is simply because no real fucking producer would allow five stupid long buildup intros to a simple rock song. (the title song)

There were lots of reasons but the lyrics are a big part of it. No one relates to being a rock star, having your GF snorting coke and cheat on you while you're being sued for things you did or didn't do (TWAT). Not enough people relate to the Columbine kids mental state at the time of their "revenge" (Shacklers). Not enough people relate to CITY or even know what it's about. Not many people relate to Prostitute...on and on it goes. Even the songs that they can relate to, those songs are so musically dated, they have no CHANCE.

CD is a great avant garde album but it wasn't made for mass consumption. And if it was, someone was a terrible judge of what the public was willing to buy into. People want songs they can relate to on their way to work and they want it to sound modern and fresh.

Edited by Nintari

There were lots of reasons but the lyrics are a big part of it. No one relates to being a rock star, having your GF snorting coke and cheat on you while you're being sued for things you did or didn't do (TWAT). Not enough people relate to the Columbine kids mental state at the time of their "revenge" (Shacklers). Not enough people relate to CITY or even know what it's about. Not many people relate to Prostitute...on and on it goes. Even the songs that they can relate to, those songs are so musically dated, they have no CHANCE.

CD is a great avant garde album but it wasn't made for mass consumption. And if it was, someone was a terrible judge of what the public was willing to buy into. People want songs they can relate to on their way to work and they want it to sound modern and fresh.

But the thing is,

If you start to write music with just a wide audience in mind, what do you get?

you get stuff like nickelback, gaga, fucking justin bieber.

I want art and not crap meant for mass consumption.

You go and take a look at the most sold records ever top 100. Many great obscure albums there that have sold in the tens of fuckin millions.

• 1 year later...

Bump. I stand by this. CD would've been better if it was angrier, MORE of a departure, something like OMG: Angry, loud. More electronic, more angry guitars. As I said long ago in the OP, it should've been something like NiN meets RHCP meets Queen meets Old Guns. OMG, TWAT, Shackler's, Catcher, Better, This I Love, Rhiad, The Blues, If The World = Classic songs, just with meh production. CD should've been more experimental, more electronic, angrier and should've been a double album...One disk more traditional GN'R songs, the other side totally wild and experimental.

Edited by Indigo Miser

OMG is one of the best songs from any lineup and I don't care what anybody says.

How about if OMG was on the album? Which song would you take out to include it?

Rhiad or Scraped! Easy!

Either those or CD itself but that would require a title rethink. :lol:

Edited by Dazey