Video's during songs. Lame?

ssiscool

Okay so does anyone else think that the videos they have playing on the back screen during some songs is tackey?

I mean it was great seeing the band live but i just don't understand why they have got the video's playing. All i can remember is You Could Be Mine and Street of Dreams and it just seemed to distract from the band.

Anyone else aggree?

I think the gun twirling around in the YCBM video is sort of cool, but I dislike many of the other ones. Perhaps the could be less generic and illustrate the meaning of the songs better. I've been fortunate enough to be close enough to pay more attention to the band anyway. I don't remember if the side-screens play the video simulaneously or if they carry actual footage of what's taking place on-stage.

I've seen this version of the "chinese democracy world tour" 5 times now, 5 times in 2006 and once in 2002. IMO, there has been one thing consistently gay about each tour - the confetti during Paradise City! The all-red is better than the multi-colored, but it really seems cheesy - like a bad hotel ballroom New Year's Eve party.

Edited by Eddie Money

Okay so does anyone else think that the videos they have playing on the back screen during some songs is tackey?

I mean it was great seeing the band live but i just don't understand why they have got the video's playing. All i can remember is You Could Be Mine and Street of Dreams and it just seemed to distract from the band.

Anyone else aggree?

I agree 100% The videos they play along with some songs like SCOM are pretty lame, in fact, when I saw GN'R last moth I thought that the videos on the screens were the weakest point of the show.

Chicks in the Rocket Queen vid are pretty hot.

The SOD vid seems low-budget and unnecessary, though it's kind of a nice twist on the WTTJ vid as well.

Vid during Better is cool.

The videos are played on the main screen, just behind Frank drumriser.

The side screens plays the live footage, 90% of the time.

I agree, the concept of playing vids during songs has way more potential. See Pink Floyd,

oh man, the stuff going on during Roger Waters' The Wall is mindblowing.

So they say but I'm not going to spoil the fun before next Spring :thumbsup:

good man, you're in for a treat.

Absolutely in for the most mind boggling concert you have ever seen. Saw them in Chicago on Sept 20...now i cant wait for Denver...Do yourselves a favor..go see it.. if not check out it out on Youtube.

Shackler's freaked me out lol, YCBM sucked pretty much.

I seem to remember a video with a girl who becomes a hooker, was it SOD? That one was incredibly tacky.

Overall these videos were easily the worst element of the show, I'd prefer more close ups of the band instead. Pyro's ok though.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Yeah the you could be mine one is ok. The rest made me cringe. The acting is brutal. One of the girls during rocket queen had a big Mark on her arse which I kept staring at.

Yeah the girls are hot but it dosent stop it being embarrassing

Pyro rules

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Slash was the visual talent behind the old band (responsible for most of the logo and t-shirt designs and came up with the iconic guns n roses cirle symbol).

Guns_N_Roses_logo.jpg

Now we have this piece of shit:

122_1007_01_o+guns_n_roses+logo.jpg

When Axl chose DJ I realized he didn't give a shit about trying to be creative and pushing things a bit (i.e. RIO 2001 opening skit).

He got DJ because he looked the part and would do anything Axl said.

And yes the race cars during YCBM are embarrassing.

Well , i do find the videos a bit unnecessary. Well as you imagine during the concert i was way more focused on following Axl cause is not everyday i have him in front of my eyes :o and all the band performance ....the very few times i bothered to look to the videos i didnt see what was the interest on them .

Just feels like its a bunch of random images putted together that nobody really put much thought on it when they made those videos ...doesnt feel like they are original or have a big meaning behind them .

I do like the pyro stuff ....li think it adds adrenalin and excitement to the show( the public reaction proves exactly that ) wich for me is the base of any music show specially a rock one

Anyone else aggree?

What's lame are the horrendous pre-recorded backing vocals being used now, because the songs are too overproduced to properly perform live. Suprising that someone like Axl would really, really cheapen his performances like that.