"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Dj will be on cover of next Guitar hero.

You mean the strikebreaker replacement player non-union member ?

Funny thing is - Slash appearing in the game, probaly helped Appetite, UYI's, SpI, and :rolleyes: CD, sell a few more copies; And got a few more people to attend some shows.

Wonder how many people were inclined to pick up CD, or even search "Gnr" on the web, after hearing DJ play the national anthem at a football game this weekend?

Slashites in this thread are laughable. Business is about contracts; you break a contract, you get sued.

Sorta like what Azoff is doing.

Right?

lol on this other forum I go to they're discussing this with pure ignorant hatred of Axl:

Axl is the definition of Ass. I am so happy Slash left GnR

Apparently he became a back up singer for awhile. Hearing that made my day.One time my friends and I came up with names for when GnR splits ( which it will because of Axl) we had Pistols and Daisies. Shotty's and Tulips. twas a fun night.

Axel is a stupid -blam!-!!! He is crying and moning about how broke he is due to his last album sucking hard.

Axel Rose...what a d!ck
Everything I've read about the guy repulses me.

lol

Slashites in this thread are laughable. Business is about contracts; you break a contract, you get sued.

Bawww, keep crying Slashites, I'm sure you guys worry more about this than Slash himself.

And RocketKing, you'd of course know that rocket science is when the scientists find out things about space.

I think I can post a thread listing the defects in Axl's lawsuit in a few hours.

ahh jesus...

Axl can do some great things when it comes to music. I love GNR, but it has to be said that he is the biggest dickhead the world has ever seen. I don't give a shit how many albums he's sold, I couldn't care less how many people on this forum will back him up - but man to man, Axl - your a fucking loser. Get over yourself. I'll still come and see you in concert, and listen to your music, but for fuck sake, grow up. I know you've had a tough life, but man your almost 50. Most people your age have gotten past any demons they had when they were 12, you clearly haven't. Its disappointing that no-one around you has the balls to tell you how it really is (or perhaps whats worse is that you ignore those who do ). Sure you have your millions, you have your legacy, but when you die, no-ones gonna love you. I don't mean love you for your music, I mean love you for you. No-one loves you for you.

To all those ass lickers on this forum who stick up for Axl - get a life. Seriously. Stop defending him just in case he comes online and see's your posts. What do you think he's going to do? Invite you to his castle in Malibu to thank you for your words? Seriously, stop being losers. See things for how they really are and stop pretending that Axl deserves the benefit of the doubt, because if it smells like shit, it probably is.

Whether Axl is technically right or not is besides the point. How bitter must you be to stipulate that a game can only contain a song if it does not contain the involvement of the guy who wrote the song, or his subsequent works. How many years is it? 15? If you had your head out of your arsehole you could have started a family, or done something meaningful with your life such that you would realise that none of this is important. Then perhaps you would get over yourself and stop dragging other people down with you.

I don't know you, maybe I got you wrong. But I doubt it.

I think you may have missed the point. It's not about putting down the old GnR, it's about establishing the image of GnR in its current state, moving his business forward, and to do that you want the focus to be on that current state. Focus on the old GnR is counterproductive to your own business plan. But regardless, when you agree that Y will be done and Y needs to be done to align with your own business plan, and if not Y then no thank you to the deal, and then behind your back X is done how do you not respond to that? The suit's focus is not Slash, Activision's misrepresentation focused on Slash and Axl's suit is responding.

What the fuck you on man? Missed the point? There is no point. Axl should move on and get over it.

By the way all of you peddling the whole new gnr business plan argument are full of shit. There are two bands. GNR and New GNR. Despite the fact they have the same name, no-one confuses the two. In anycase, confusion only works in Axl's favour as people might believe that the new one is in fact the old one (which is the more successfull, popular, and valuable of the two bands).

What is even more pathetic is how the axl-haters crawl out from under their rocks to bash Axl.......in a guns n roses forum. If you think axl is a douche or jerk then why are you here? Makes no sense. Go to the VR section or to a forum of a band that you like. We get it. You love slash. You blame axl for everything. Now go support a band that you like!

Theres a difference between axl bashing, and making fair comment on ridiculous actions. If axl comes on stage three hours late of course some people are going to say that it wasn't cool, just as we will say this isn't cool. Presumedly we are all here because we like GNR. GNR isn't the axl rose project. Its a bunch of guys that released appetite in 87 and somehow morphed into what it is today. And it is possible to separate axl as a musician / performer and axl as a person. As such it is entirely possible to be objective about axl whilst still enjoying GNR's music.

If axl is 'bashed' as you suggest, it's only because objective people make comments about his actions. The fact that it comes from his fans means that he's worn out a lot of patience over the years. Most of us, and yes even the 'bashers', will stick up for axl whenever we can, but sometimes it is impossible to do so without looking like a fool.

That is funny to think. Slash probably did the best promotion for Chinese Democracy out of anyone.

The sad thing is, this is arguably true. Slash did more in 2008 to promote Chinese Democracy than Axl Rose, simply due to Axl's disappearing act. And here we are, two years later scratching our heads wondering where the next album is. Well, what reason does the label have to work with Axl again? There's plenty other artists who are willing to promote their albums and work with the labels.

That is funny to think. Slash probably did the best promotion for Chinese Democracy out of anyone.

The sad thing is, this is arguably true. Slash did more in 2008 to promote Chinese Democracy than Axl Rose, simply due to Axl's disappearing act. And here we are, two years later scratching our heads wondering where the next album is. Well, what reason does the label have to work with Axl again? There's plenty other artists who are willing to promote their albums and work with the labels.

Enjoy the tour for now new music will be later one I imagine

Edited by gunsguy

Enjoy the tour for now new music will be later one I imagine

I've always said if they come to Chicago during this tour, I'll buy tickets in a heartbeat. They're my favorite band and I'll always support them. But the payoff for the fans has always been in new music. I'd gladly sacrifice an American leg of the tour (they've done it twice for this album anyway) if it meant Axl taking the time needed to master the next album.

Inevitable that this will cause CD 2 to get delayed.

maybe thats intentional.

--

i think too many people are making this into axl vs. slash. yeah we all know that is the motivation here, but axl isnt suing slash for using jungle in guitar hero.

he is suing activision for allegedly misleading him in the contract

even if slash has every right to use / play jungle in the game (i think he does), if activision lied to axl, he has a case and every right.

am i right?

Edited by Jackie Moon

Well it is on Yahoo now but not in the trending section, it is in the main news slideshow.

And uncle Axl is getting ripped pretty bad in the article and in the user comments.

Here is the link:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/21058/axl-roses-hatred-of-slash-results-in-20-million-guitar-hero-lawsuit/

Sorry if already posted I didn't see it yet

Edited by bigcountry

Well it is on Yahoo now but not in the trending section, it is in the main news slideshow.

And uncle Axl is getting ripped pretty bad in the article and in the user comments.

Here is the link:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/21058/axl-roses-hatred-of-slash-results-in-20-million-guitar-hero-lawsuit/

Sorry if already posted I didn't see it yet

It would take alot more hate then them to end the fascination! Axl is the guy people love to hate, at the end of the day he still tours and still draws crowds in most markets.

CBC is one of the biggest news sources in Canada -they're running this story in the link below.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/24/axl-rose-guitar-hero-slash.html#socialcomments

Look at how widespread the vitriolic comments are under the article, posted by readers. Not. Good.

lol

2mcc0te.jpg

very first comment

How sad. Dude probably lurks the forums but is too afraid of Jackie to post.

The hate just shows how Axl is still relevant, he is the Kanye West of the rock world, people love to hate him. Axl has been relevant pretty much every time he tours, im pretty sure Slash hasn't had a top headlining news story since he was in Guitar Hero.