Has Axl ever publicly spoken about NIN/Reznor?

Twinaleblood

Hi people, I don't know the right section to post this thread, hence I'm putting it here so that more users will be able to read it.

Mods of course can move it if they think this isn't the place.

So, we know that Axl back in the early 90s used to like NIN a lot (and he called them to open some european shows in 1991), but

does anyone remember if he's ever publicly spoken about their music/about Reznor?

I need to know this for a project I'm currently working on, so any kind of help (especially if you can provide a link with the source, either a transcribed magazine interview or a video interview from youtube would do the trick) would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

He did. Talked about how he wanted Trent to cover a Gn'R song. 'Do anything, do Estranged'.

I'm too lazy to find it though.

I think it was in Rolling Stone, the one where he talks about being abused as a kid, 1992.

Trent is the only man alive that could make Estranged an even better song.

I seriously doubt that! Unless he gets Axl on vocals and Slash on guitar, which would make it just another version of GNR.

Slash owns that song, probably the best written and played leadguitar of all time.

That's why Axl nods a personal thanks to Slash for making this song what it is.

I seriously doubt that! Unless he gets Axl on vocals and Slash on guitar, which would make it just another version of GNR.

Slash owns that song, probably the best written and played leadguitar of all time.

You clearly have no idea of who Trent Reznor is and what he is capable of.

Oh, come down from your high horse. I've listened a lot to NIN and other Reznor-projects, and also seen them live a few times, so I know what he is capable of. To bad he hasn't done anything worth a dime since The Fragile.

Oh, come down from your high horse. I've listened a lot to NIN and other Reznor-projects, and also seen them live a few times, so I know what he is capable of. To bad he hasn't done anything worth a dime since The Fragile.

Lolk

Year Zero

I agree, Trent has been releasing the same shit over and over since The Fragile. I mean, the first three albums are really awesome, but after that it gets old pretty quick, With Teeth, Year Zero, The slip... very bad albums (not sure if you can consider the slip an album anyway).

Other than that, it would be funny to hear him cover any GNR stuff because his guitar abilities are very reduced compared to say, Izzy or Slash or whoever guitarist GNR had, and his voice range is very limited as well, so I guess he could make a mean version of Estranged of his own, in his own universe, with his limited musical abilities. I'd like to hear it, cos he could maybe simplify some GNR songs which could become more mainstream and accessible to the nowadays average teenager listeners who has been given shit to listen on radio like Kings of Leon, Green Day, U2... you know the usual very reduced mainstream stuff, so maybe Trent could be the missing link between the good quality music and the mainstream music, I really see him as a humble musician with minimal effects but that comes up with good music so he could do some interesting stuff with gnr stuff.

Fuck you dude, Trent Reznor got game up until Fragile, which he rerecorded atleast two times and it was still a piece of shit.

After that, he was able to produce maybe one good song in over 10 years time.

He aint no god and he shouldnt have ever left the dope behind him since it was obviously the main ingredient in his "genious".

Trent couldn't make Estranged better, no one could. But he is really talented, more than Axl. Yes, Trent's vocal range isn't that broad and he isn't the best guitarist, but his song-writing abilities are amazing. And he releases music on a regular basis, which to me counts for something. Some of it is good and some of it is bad, but you can't always make hits like closer and hurt or welcome to the jungle and november rain.

Edited by jekylhyde

Hahahahaha yeh right man. Given that Johnny Cash(who was over 70 at the time) made Hurt much much much better then the NIN version, i highly doubt Trent could make Estranged better, its dam near perfect.

I love Izzy's parts on Estranged, by the way.

And Trenz hasn't done anything worthwile since The fragile? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu4M4CWVILk Yeah, right, sure...

And Year zero is a pretty fuckin' good album (I wasn't impressed with Nine inch nails output since The fragile, yeah...except with Year zero).

And his co-written original soundtrack for The social network is just brilliant.

Edited by axleu

Fuck you dude, Trent Reznor got game up until Fragile, which he rerecorded atleast two times and it was still a piece of shit.

After that, he was able to produce maybe one good song in over 10 years time.

He aint no god and he shouldnt have ever left the dope behind him since it was obviously the main ingredient in his "genious".

Substitute Axl for Trent in there and Chinese Democracy for the Fragile and you are spot on.