Should Axl give the new GNR members partial ownership in the GNR name?

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, cause then Axl would retire.

I think you guys would love an MDC to happen to Axl.

I think I would love the idea of you making well thought out arguments and posts like Ali instead of being the resident rabble rouser. What's an MDC? I'm not going to look it up.

Resident rabble rouser? You mean like the OP, who has made his hatred of the new band clear in pretty much every post he's made and only made this thread to stir shit?

MDC-= Mark David Chapman, you know, the guy who shot John Lennon to death because Chapman felt Lennon was a phony who had wronged him. I am firmly in the belief that many Slashites would love something like that to happen to Axl at this point. Your hatred of Axl seems to grow daily as the new band becomes tighter, the trolling of this section by the Slashites is increasing as well. It's very fucking tiresome. It's like you have this need to be killjoys and anger or piss off anyone who likes the new band.

Stupidest fucking thing I have ever read.

To compare Axl to JL in any way is laughable. Also, it would be some overzealous Axl worshiper on here that would do him harm, not a Slash fan. Some of you are quite scarey and need to take a few steps back from your obssessions.

Edited by Mastodonny

I think I would love the idea of you making well thought out arguments and posts like Ali instead of being the resident rabble rouser. What's an MDC? I'm not going to look it up.

Resident rabble rouser? You mean like the OP, who has made his hatred of the new band clear in pretty much every post he's made and only made this thread to stir shit?

MDC-= Mark David Chapman, you know, the guy who shot John Lennon to death because Chapman felt Lennon was a phony who had wronged him. I am firmly in the belief that many Slashites would love something like that to happen to Axl at this point. Your hatred of Axl seems to grow daily as the new band becomes tighter, the trolling of this section by the Slashites is increasing as well. It's very fucking tiresome. It's like you have this need to be killjoys and anger or piss off anyone who likes the new band.

To compare Axl to JL in any way is laughable. Also, it would be some overzealous Axl worshiper on here that would do him harm, not a Slash fan. Some of you are quite scarey and need to take a few steps back from your obssessions.

It's the Slash fans who cupcake the discussion section of a band and man they clearly hate day after day, with very bitter, spiteful and hateful comments.

I don't see many Axl fans trolling the Slash section of this forum on a daily basis.

Axl fought too hard to gain control of the band name to ever give anyone else a piece of the action. Besides he is a control freak and would never give up even a sliver of that control to someone else...As the saying goes it is good to be King!

Yeah too bad so sad your boy was such a Pussy he couldn't take anything and quit. LOL.

Doesn't change the truth in what I said mate.............

never has, never will

It's the Slash fans who cupcake the discussion section of a band and man they clearly hate day after day, with very bitter, spiteful and hateful comments.

I don't see many Axl fans trolling the Slash section of this forum on a daily basis.

And this coming from a man who creates at least one Slash hate thread each day..you should be ashamed of yourself telling such lies

Someone's gotta counterattack. I'm like the lone Palestinian throwing rocks at the Israeli army.

Does anyone else think Axl should give partial ownership of the band name to the new GNR members. What better way to show the world they are a real band and these guys really are Guns N' Roses. If you don't think so, why not?

"would you Quintus would you?" that's from the movie Gladiator, at the begging of it...

Would never happen. That would mean this current group of hired touring musicians would actually be a band or be part of Gnus n Roses (which they are NOT). I know a lot of people like to say 'this is a great version or line up of GnR' etc.... but if it were really a band or really GnR Axl wouldn't be the sole owner of GnR. He is now a solo artist touring under the name Guns n Roses. Kinda like whoever Lady Gaga is. She just tours under that name rather than Jane Doe or Suzie Plain.

It wasn't a disgruntled Paul fan that killed John. It was an obssesed John fan with mental issues, just like some of the Axl worshipers on here. So your comparison in invalid.

It wasn't a disgruntled Paul fan that killed John. It was an obssesed John fan with mental issues, just like some of the Axl worshipers on here. So your comparison in invalid.

the fact that they even bring up such scenario is already creepy...... :book:

Haha....not a chance. The GNR brand is all Axl has left. Don't believe me? Imagine if CD would have had a different name on the cover. Without a single,video or promotion? The thing would have sold like 5,000 copies (note to would be overly impulsive, angry Axl fans...I love CD).

Axl will never, ever....EVER allow his livelihood to slip through his fingers.

Bullshit. Axl Rose the name would sell just fine. He has like Ozzy status on his own.

Oh yeah. I forgot about all those triple platinum, Axl Rose solo albums that were released. I don't know how I overlooked those. Maybe it's because I don't live in fairy tale land...where the streets are covered with sugar coated gum drops and little pixies fly over my head, showering naked Megan Foxs (or in your case, 1987 Axls) from the sky.

<_<

Edited by Nintari

Haha....not a chance. The GNR brand is all Axl has left. Don't believe me? Imagine if CD would have had a different name on the cover. Without a single,video or promotion? The thing would have sold like 5,000 copies (note to would be overly impulsive, angry Axl fans...I love CD).

That makes no sense at all. There have been several published "best rock singer of all time" polls this month in major magazines and Axl has either won or placed very high. The name Axl Rose is a brand name, and everybody in rock knows who he is.

If CD sold 3 million copies world wide, how many of those sales would not have happened if it was Axl Rose Band? Anybody who bought the album, or paid a hundred dollars to go see them in concert KNOWS that its Axl and that slash, duff and izzy aren't in the band anymore.

Your statement is just silly. It's like saying that people go to a Queen show now and go "what the fuck? Where is freddy mercury?"

That makes no sense at all. There have been several published "best rock singer of all time" polls this month in major magazines and Axl has either won or placed very high. The name Axl Rose is a brand name, and everybody in rock knows who he is.

If CD sold 3 million copies world wide, how many of those sales would not have happened if it was Axl Rose Band? Anybody who bought the album, or paid a hundred dollars to go see them in concert KNOWS that its Axl and that slash, duff and izzy aren't in the band anymore.

Your statement is just silly. It's like saying that people go to a Queen show now and go "what the fuck? Where is freddy mercury?"

and let me guess, they know who he is thanks to what? Chinese Democracy?

Edited by dario27

and let me guess, they kow who he is thanks to what? Chinese Democracy?

Way to dodge his point.

and let me guess, they kow who he is thanks to what? Chinese Democracy?

Way to dodge his point.

no not at all......... is not about Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven or Izzy

i don't think half the people don't know Slash and co are not in the band anymore (but many porbably don't)... but a lot of people that bought the album probably still think Buckethead and Finck are still in the band

i remember when the tour was starting how everybody was so excited even any promotional propaganda was immediately talk about, and i remember how some of that promotion included pictures of old band memmbers, Slash in some

yes, Axl IS Axl and people will always go to his shows, but the GNR name attracts a lot more than just Axl Rose

honestly, if Axl decides to quit the name and start a "Axl Rose" solo carrer and starts auditioning tomorrow, do anybody honestly believes it will attract the same amount and kind of musicians as when Guns N' Roses starts auditioning?

it works the same way with public..

Bullshit. Axl Rose the name would sell just fine. He has like Ozzy status on his own.

Except that Ozzy had success on his own and didn't call himself Black Sabbath when he left. Other than that yeah they're exactly the same.

Exactly right. Axl was mortified of completely falling off the face of the earth after GNR so he bought the name and has been using (abusing) it ever since. So disrespectful.

Oh yeah. I forgot about all those triple platinum, Axl Rose solo albums that were released. I don't know how I overlooked those. Maybe it's because I don't live in fairy tale land...where the streets are covered with sugar coated gum drops and little pixies fly over my head, showering naked Megan Foxs (or in your case, 1987 Axls) from the sky.

<_<

but axl never released a solo album, there is no grounds for comparison between the two - you're dumb as shit also.

Does anyone else think Axl should give partial ownership of the band name to the new GNR members. What better way to show the world they are a real band and these guys really are Guns N' Roses. If you don't think so, why not?

Your kidding right?

Even Axl knows this isn't a real band. You and I both know what a "real" band consists of. Real bands don't up and leave when the paychecks stop coming in. Real bands don't require payment to jam or even record. This is how it was when they did Appetite. Your kidding yourself if you think this incarnation of Guns will ever be like that. Sorry. Even Megadeth and Smashing Pumpkins don't work that way anymore. NIN is pretty much the same setup as Guns now. I've said this before and i'll say it again, this isn't Tool or even Metallica. This is Axl and whoever is around at the time to record. This current incarnation of Guns is no more a "band" then the 2002 line up was, or the 1998 line up was. Just because they have a good vibe and "look" like a real rock band does not make it so. Not too mention that these members were not around when Axl and the original line up were doing it tough, playing gigs for nothing, living off scraps.

I think your just having a dig at Axl either way. Your using this as a "well if you don't reunite, do this instead". Your entitled to your opinion of course, but its pretty easy to see where you are getting at. This is not "real Guns N' Roses", but Axl legal owns the name(which Slash and co signed over to him) and he can do whatever he wants with it. Why don't you make threads about Slash being an idiot for signing over the name? Is it not as much his fault as Axl's?

I wonder who owns Black Frog and if it owns Guns N' Roses. With that being said I think it would be fair if Black Frog licensed the GNR name from Axl. This way Black Frog or a new one could be a company owned by all the current members, Axl holding the majority to avoid a takeover, of course.

Keep in mind Black Frog or a new company to fill the gap wouldn't have anything to do with pre-CD material and Axl/Slash/Duff/... writing rights and album royalties. Name the next GNR album after the company name would be even more awesome!