50 Greatest Guitar Riffs in Rock 'n' Roll

Encore

'Sweet Child o' Mine'

Guns N' Roses (1987)

The most iconic riff of the 1980s started off as a joke and was dismissed by its creator as "completely sappy." Slash was apparently just trying to make Steven Adler laugh, "making funny faces and acting like an idiot," when he played those opening notes. Luckily for us, the rest of Guns N' Roses managed to convince him it wasn't a total waste of time.

yur faves cud neva/

http://www.spinner.com/2011/01/13/rock-guitar-riffs/?icid=maing|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk5|36220

• 1 month later...

Satisfaction is the most overrated riff/song ever, it just sucks

I LOVE the Stones, but good god the amount of songs they have that are WAY BETTER than Satisfaction is unreal, yet thats the one everybody mentions. thefuck!

Satisfaction gets credit because it sticks in your head like glue. That's the hallmark of a good riff.

I've always preferred the PC and WTTJ riffs over SCOM.

And I agree with Sweetness, Satisfaction is definitely the most overrated Stones song ever.

Agreed. I mean with SCOM I think they mean the intro really, there isn't that much of a riff in that song.

WTTJ would be my call but PC is defintely worthy.

Or as an outside call how about Rocket queen? The riff they play for the "sex scene" is just sensational.