Slash praises Axl-new artcile

Riddick Bowe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this thread went well.

This whole place is going downhill, fast.

We got so much cupcakes and spamming it's disgusting. Almost every topic in this section turn's into a Axl vs. Slash argument.

Slash praises Axl in an article, only for it to turn into a trashy, unrelevant rambling fight between two people.

If I were Axl, I would be giving pink slips to all new GNR members including Dizzy Reed, and telling Slash it is time to make great music again - together.

Thank God you're not Axl then.

No one wants to see Adler trying to jump on the drums and falling on his ass again Lol.

If I was Axl, the Appetite lineup would have 10 succesfull albums released by now and we would have eclipsed the Rolling Stones as the greatest band of all-time. Yes, thank God I am not Axl.

Don't forgive Axl to want to try new things and experiment with different genre's of music. When his guitarist wanted to just stay on the blue's hard rock scale and just do with that for another ten years.

Axl wanted to the Beatles, Slash wanted to be AC/DC.

We got so much cupcakes and spamming it's disgusting. Almost every topic in this section turn's into a Axl vs. Slash argument.

Slash praises Axl in an article, only for it to turn into a trashy, unrelevant rambling fight between two people.

I don't think there is any point in feigning neutrality here. People exploit any argument they get their hands on to support their own side. You started off complaining about the divisiveness of the posts, and then you yourself segued into saying Axl didn't want to play AC/DC for ten years. Look at your signature.

I don't think there is any point in feigning neutrality here. People exploit any argument they get their hands on to support their own side. You started off complaining about the divisiveness of the posts, and then you yourself segued into saying Axl didn't want to play AC/DC for ten years. Look at your signature.

My sig is not to start trouble.

Anyway, it's not just people that have an opinion, it's saying about Slash or Axl in a very good, proactive topic, only to wanna start something for their own personal gain. It's not different opinions, it's the Axl vs. Slash bullshit in every topic that's getting me angry.

Did you see that MusicRadar.com poll in which Axl was voted the greatest lead singer of all time?

I did. I thought that was actually pretty f—ing cool.

You did?

Yeah. All things considered, we may have had our differences and this and that and the other, but I will never undermine the fact that I thought Guns N’ Roses, when it was originally together, was one of the best rock bands, and Axl has always in my mind been one of the best frontmen/lyricists in rock and roll, period.

Would that have been your vote?

It might have been. I never stop to even think about it — there’s him, Roger Daltrey, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger…. I’d probably say Mick Jagger, only because Mick has been doing it for so long and he’s one of the most charismatic frontmen of all time. But if I had a Top 5, Axl would be in there. And John Lennon

Well, Axl is one of the best frontmen, so why should Slash deny it...

My sig is not to start trouble.

Anyway, it's not just people that have an opinion, it's saying about Slash or Axl in a very good, proactive topic, only to wanna start something for their own personal gain. It's not different opinions, it's the Axl vs. Slash bullshit in every topic that's getting me angry.

I just replied to this thread but I just noticed this too. Your signature is evidently meant to provoke a reaction (me = case & point). It's not incorrect or anything but it just seems a bit negative. :unsure:

And back on topic before Indigo hijacks the thread completely, very kind words by Slash and it is great that he praises Axl and gives Axl credit even after all the hateful comments Axl has made. Axl and Slash make their best music TOGETHER. I am glad Slash is keeping it positive and not spreading the venom.

$la$h is just suckin' up. he's like adler 2.0

He would sell his soul to the devil to play in GNR again...oh wait......:rofl-lol:

"The less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

Yes and then we have volcano with no orignal thoughts at all. The best thing you do all day is fart so your head won't blow up!

My what a mature and original thought, At least Volcano is aware that slash would say or do anything to promote himself,or slither back into GNR, He is passive agressive,and smart enough to know that if he mentions Axl, the article gets promoted to a greater degree, so in the total picture of things he is only blowing his own horn, I don't believe a thing he says, and although he WAS a good musician at one time, he can't write lyrics at all, GNR is fine without the slash infection, and we all know the op posted this with the intention of stirring shit.

And back on topic before Indigo hijacks the thread completely, very kind words by Slash and it is great that he praises Axl and gives Axl credit even after all the hateful comments Axl has made. Axl and Slash make their best music TOGETHER. I am glad Slash is keeping it positive and not spreading the venom.

He would sell his soul to the devil to play in GNR again...oh wait......:rofl-lol:

Yes and then we have volcano with no orignal thoughts at all. The best thing you do all day is fart so your head won't blow up!

My what a mature and original thought, At least Volcano is aware that slash would say or do anything to promote himself,or slither back into GNR, He is passive agressive,and smart enough to know that if he mentions Axl, the article gets promoted to a greater degree, so in the total picture of things he is only blowing his own horn, I don't believe a thing he says, and although he WAS a good musician at one time, he can't write lyrics at all, GNR is fine without the slash infection, and we all know the op posted this with the intention of stirring shit.

"With the intention of stirring shit." Well the op got what he/she wanted you showed up!

"With the intention of stirring shit." Well the op got what he/she wanted you showed up!

wow, huge immense accomplishment, doesn't change the fact that GNR= Axl,Dizzy,Chris,Richard,Frank,Ron,and DJ.

Also does not change the fact that slash is a known liar and media whore. :lol:

If I were Axl, I would be giving pink slips to all new GNR members including Dizzy Reed, and telling Slash it is time to make great music again - together.

Thank God you're not Axl then.

No one wants to see Adler trying to jump on the drums and falling on his ass again Lol.

That is more entertaining than anything nrgnr has done in the last 10 years on stage. Maybe if the new band is lucky Adler can teach them how to do it.

Teach them to what? Have a stroke on H& Coke and become a slurred voiced joke of a man?

Get kicked out of a band that does drugs for not being able to function on drugs?

Remember, friend, Slash approved Adler being kicked out too. Ouch.

*facepalm*

Great interview, couldn't agree with him more on that horrible Glee shit

I had no idea there was a music video for Beautiful Dangerous, pretty cool!

Slash is awesome, too bad he's opening for Ozzy, anybody know what cities he's going at it alone?

Edited by sweetness

Yeah fine with Sorum too, but you get my point.

You forgot Josh Freese, Brain and Frank Ferrer :thumbsup:

who?

Josh Freese and Brian (AKA the two best GNR drummers) and Frank Ferrer (the current drummer). You know, the guys who are just as important as Steven and Matt.

:thumbsup:

Nope.

Josh Freese and Brian will not be remembered for their work, no matter how much effort they put into it. The fact of the matter is that Adler and Sorum contributed in all of the songs Guns will ever be remembered by.

How would your signature make for a thread title? Very BBAish if you ask me. The only neutral ones are the ones that don't post.

I'm neutral as I really don't give a fuck what these grown men say about eachother. That's their battle to fight. Me? I'm just in it for the music.

wow, huge immense accomplishment, doesn't change the fact that GNR= Axl,Dizzy,Chris,Richard,Frank,Ron,and DJ.

Also does not change the fact that slash is a known liar and media whore. :lol:

"Known Liar" thanks for pointing that out to me I guess you might be right after all he told a whopper when he said Axl was a great singer in the article posted. :rofl-lol:

"Media Whore" it is good you can spot one because all your boys are picking up the habit. They just have to get someone interested in them esp. your Slash wanna be DJ. :rofl-lol:

Edited by sleeper