Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's OK. That's it. Somtimes entertaining, sometimes pretty silly. Good enough to keep watching..........but not good enough to reccomend to friends.

I really thought it would be more dark and gritty with Roth's name attached to it. That is my biggest dissapointment. Not The Devil's Rejects level, but this is really a PG show that is only rated R because of the swearing and occassional nudity.

Being on Netflix, with Roth involved, I was hoping they would up the ante level a bit.........but instead, it is basically a different version of Twilight.

A couple interesting characters - Roman is pretty great and weird, his 7-foot tall sister is fun, the Asian scientist/doctor guy, the little Christina Ricci look-alike girl and Famke plays her part well. But a lot of the other roles, including the other male lead, are pretty bad.

It's an alright series. But I was sure hoping for more.

Watched the first episode of the Netflix Series 'Hemlock Grove'. Not bad. Pretty interesting overall, but the first episode of House of Cards had me more interested in that series, really.

I'm going to continue to watch it though and hope it gets better.

Two episodes in. It gets more interesting, but the production is nowhere near the level that House of Cards was. Also, some people are good actors and some are just pretty bad.

Guest bellastar2355

Made it to season four of Oz.

OZ is one of my all-time favourite shows.

O'Reilly, Keller, Adebisi are all all kinds of awesome.

me too!!! How you like you show georgy?

Edited by bellastar2355

Guest bellastar2355

First half of season 4 (full season though in all but name) is excellent. The show unfortunately gets pretty bad after that.

Only cause Adebsei leaves the second half

First half of season 4 (full season though in all but name) is excellent. The show unfortunately gets pretty bad after that.

Good thing I already know he leaves but I can't see this show ending well.

As of now my favorite characters are Said, Beecher and O'Riely even though he is a little shit.

Guest bellastar2355

Good thing I already know he leaves but I can't see this show ending well.

As of now my favorite characters are Said, Beecher and O'Riely even though he is a little shit.

Sorry hun, didnt mean to spoil anything it's just it's the truth

Said is the only thing worth while after season 5 cause I hate O' Reiley

Guest bellastar2355

Keller is awesome though.

I agree, the way he manipulates shit is so amazing :D

I already know he will leave the show, just not his fate.

I didn't think anyone would like Said. His character is so bad ass. Too bad he constantly fucks up.

Fuck, I feel bad for Beecher.

After Season Two fuck beecher

he get's himself involved in shit\,,, it's his own damn fault

His kids didn't deserve to suffer.

He should have chosen to play a different game then.

He had good intentions and he got fucked over. I think it was Said who put Beecher up to helping Verne except Verne is a paranoid psychopath. Beecher should have just left Verne alone after he beat the shit out of him and shat on his face.

His kids didn't deserve to suffer.

He should have chosen to play a different game then.

He had good intentions and he got fucked over. I think it was Said who put Beecher up to helping Verne except Verne is a paranoid psychopath. Beecher should have just left Verne alone after he beat the shit out of him and shat on his face.

I can't really comment too much as I don't want to spoil things, but I will say that Beecher makes some very clear decisions regarding revenge towards both Schillinger and Keller, and he knew the risks that he was taking.

I have trouble understanding Keller. I mean why does he love Beecher so much? Peter Marie finds that he will go any length to get someone to love him after he hurts them. I guess with Beecher he is trying to win back his affections and he finally has. I see Beecher as manipulated by Keller but I can see him doing something fucked up to get even.

Still the thing with the kids (Verne's as well) is pretty fucked up.

I have trouble understanding Keller. I mean why does he love Beecher so much? Peter Marie finds that he will go any length to get someone to love him after he hurts them. I guess with Beecher he is trying to win back his affections and he finally has. I see Beecher as manipulated by Keller but I can see him doing something fucked up to get even.

Still the thing with the kids (Verne's as well) is pretty fucked up.

Keller is an extremely complicated character and only gets more so as the show goes on. His core desire is to be loved, but for him it must come at all costs - it must be total and unwavering.

OZ is one of my all-time favourite shows.

O'Reilly, Keller, Adebisi are all all kinds of awesome.

Mine as well!

See you talking about it, makes me want to watch it again.

It seems like the theme of the show is helping others will only get you fucked in the ass and sometimes quite literally. McManus, Beecher, Said, Peter Marie, Nathan all get fucked one way or another.

Pretty much. A wider look at it is that there are no purely good people in OZ and none who are purely bad (though some are close) and that whether you wish to be or not there are people who will happily take all that you have without missing a second's sleep.