Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kid was a jerk anyway.

Oh man, I hated "Bricks". What a fucking twat. I am glad he's dead.

"Hey Kenny, what's up?"

"Yo, I told you, man - it's Bricks!"

I liked the fact that Adebisi introduced Kenny, erm, Bricks, to the ways of the African warrior. Including tying him to the bed and slapping his ass!

Guest bellastar2355

I kind of have a love/hate with Adebisi. At first I did not like him, but the dude is really smart. I think I started liked him when fucked Sciabetta up the ass.

I agree sometimes he gets me soooooo mad lol

But the show is the best cause of him

That scene was gold btw :D

Oz would've benefited from more turnover of characters. Most of the main ones become boring halfway through.

Miguel Alvarez and Adebisi benefited greatly from leaving early. I wish Miguel would've stayed gone. Poet too, as before his release he was a really cool surreal voice in the show and afterwards he was just another thug in Emerald City. I also wish the Beecher-Keller-Schillinger arc hadn't lasted till the end because frankly for the most part it was not a good story.

I think the writers tried to make it a point that nothing changes and nobody escapes, same as in the Wire, but in The Wire it was done with a lot more flair, while in Oz it came across to me as a bit blunt and amateurish. There was no feeling of finality, no arc (except for seasons 1 and 4.1 which are by some distance the best) and that almost invariably drags a tv drama down.

Still, considering it was HBO's first attempt at a one hour drama it was really good and it started an extremely impressive run.

Oz was broadcasted on Spanish TV too (that's what Wiki says) but I've never heard about it. Nothing. And I'm sure none of my friends have heard about it either.

Now it's on my must-watch list.

Yes, you should see it Izzygirl. It's really great!