Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started season two of The Wire

To me the first three seasons of The Wire are up there with the Taj Mahal, artificial satellites and constitutional democracy among the greatest things humanity has created. (Obvious exaggeration for comedic purposes) Even though the next two seasons are slightly weaker (keep in mind though that many consider season 4 to be the best) they're still way better than most shows at their best.

I keep hearing how it is the best show ever. I like it because it shows police work without all the flashy CSI shit.

I don't think I've ever met or read from anyone who's seen it that doesn't consider it among their top 3 favorite shows.

Hello to you, good sir.

To me the first three seasons of The Wire are up there with the Taj Mahal, artificial satellites and constitutional democracy among the greatest things humanity has created. (Obvious exaggeration for comedic purposes) Even though the next two seasons are slightly weaker (keep in mind though that many consider season 4 to be the best) they're still way better than most shows at their best.

I keep hearing how it is the best show ever. I like it because it shows police work without all the flashy CSI shit.

I don't think I've ever met or read from anyone who's seen it that doesn't consider it among their top 3 favorite shows.

Hello to you, good sir.

What's your top 3?

Started watched Parks & Recreation today. It's like the office, but with different people and different jokes. I'm enjoying it.

Also, got to watch one episode of Veep, but it was pretty good as well. Really funny.

Yeah I'm on Season 2 of Parks. I like it. All the characters are memorable.

Started watched Parks & Recreation today. It's like the office, but with different people and different jokes. I'm enjoying it.

Also, got to watch one episode of Veep, but it was pretty good as well. Really funny.

Just finished season 2 and the end gets even better when Rob Lowe shows up. He's amazing.

Honestly enjoy some of the show more than the Office. Great show.

The movie was great too. Definitely felt like a labor of love, after the show's cancellation.

Fillion's busy with Castle now, I seriously doubt he'd walk away from that to do Firefly, or has he said otherwise?

Edited by moreblack

Yeah serenity was a brilliant film, again one of my fav's. Both the series and film didn't do too well on fox or at the cinema but dvd and blu ray sales is were they got a cult following and made a lot of money.

Think fillion is great in castle and it being in it's fifth season now is obviously great and steady work. Love the writers on that show how a few times they have mentioned firefly or let him dress up as the captain, very tongue in cheek but it never fails to make me smile. Regarding firefly i can only speculate as there is no word on it coming back and i doubt it ever will but you never know. Think fillion would do it definitely if given the chance, he always turns up to the reunions and the firefly comic cons conventions. He has stated that he loves and will always be indebted to joss whedon for giving him his first leading role or has he put it taking a chance on him as he was always the guy who was with that other girl or the 3rd bad guy in other shows. Plus he has always said malcolm reynolds is his favourite role and he loved making the show with the group of actors on the show. From my viewpoint actors say this about stuff but you just think your just saying that, nathan i believe genuinely means it, think watching all the youtube videos from comic con and the browncoats reunion on sci fi channel he really will always love firefly. Just my two cents, i love firefly btw.

Think i read that if he won the lottery or had all the money in the world or something along those lines he would self finance firefly coming back.

Edited by Ryan95

Just finished season 2 and the end gets even better when Rob Lowe shows up. He's amazing.

Honestly enjoy some of the show more than the Office. Great show.

And it gets even better. Seasons 3 and 4 were excellent. It has the perfect mix of wacky comedy and very human and touching moments.

I've never seen The Office (US version) to know how it compares, nor do I have any intention to ever do so. Cringe comedy annoys the hell out of me. Parks is completely different.

Hello to you, good sir.

What's your top 3?

I couldn't say, to be honest. Rome would definitely be in there though. Don't get me wrong, The Wire is great, but for me it wasn't super enjoyable to watch. Too many storylines just deflated the show, such as the docks, the newspaper, Amsterdam, city hall, etc.