Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody watch How I Met Your Mother? I do, and after 8 seasons they finally revealed the mom. I kinda wanted to be a well known actress. Kinda sucked to see a nobody. Looks like next season is the last.

Ah, actually I liked that it was a not known actress. It makes it clear that they'll focus more on her personality rather than the look, but I understand what you're saying.

I think she's beautiful and it was a good season finale, can't wait for the next season! Since the first season of The Following ended, 8th season of How I Met Your Mother too, and Game Of Thrones is about to end, I'm looking for new shows.

Started to watch Dexter and The Office last week, really liked'em. I'm downloading Hannibal right now.

Edited by ManetsBR

Ah, actually I liked that it was a not known actress. It makes it clear that they'll focus more on her personality rather than the look, but I understand what you're saying.

I think she's beautiful and it was a good season finale, can't wait for the next season! Since the first season of The Following ended, 8th season of How I Met Your Mother too, and Game Of Thrones is about to end, I'm looking for new shows.

Started to watch Dexter and The Office last week, really liked'em. I'm downloading Hannibal right now.

She is pretty! I read that the whole next season is about how everyone meets "the mother" before Ted. We still might have to keep waiting for Ted to meet her.

Yeah, my brother told me about that. He said he also read that the whole season is going to be placed only in the wedding day and the day after it, showing everyone meeting her, one by one, and then Ted. I don't know how they could make it work, honestly. I would rather have it the regular way. I hope they surprise me! - on the good way :lol:

Yeah, my brother told me about that. He said he also read that the whole season is going to be placed only in the wedding day and the day after it, showing everyone meeting her, one by one, and then Ted. I don't know how they could make it work, honestly. I would rather have it the regular way. I hope they surprise me! - on the good way :lol:

Very odd to have the whole season based on a weekend. I would like to see the kids, in present time. And if they show Ted in the future will he be Bob Saget? At least for one scene. And then at the end, after the mother comes back from shopping for a decade...she tells the kids to keep sitting and she will tell them how I met your father.

Does anybody watch How I Met Your Mother? I do, and after 8 seasons they finally revealed the mom. I kinda wanted to be a well known actress. Kinda sucked to see a nobody. Looks like next season is the last.

Why would you want it to be someone famous? Never understood that logic.

The whole idea is that Ted's never seen her before so it makes much more sense if the audience is seeing her for the first time too.(although I did remember her from that one episode of 30 Rock.) If it was somebody like, for example, Anna Kendrick then the reveal would've been, "Oh, he's in love with Anna Kendrick just like the rest of us."

Very odd to have the whole season based on a weekend. I would like to see the kids, in present time. And if they show Ted in the future will he be Bob Saget? At least for one scene. And then at the end, after the mother comes back from shopping for a decade...she tells the kids to keep sitting and she will tell them how I met your father.

Setting the whole season on a weekend is a risky idea; the scriptwriters need to be really really witty to make the show interesting and funny but at the same time not surreal. I mean, it's just a weekend versus more then 20 episodes, it should happen lots of things but, at the same time, things that could happen in just 48 or 72 hours. Well, let's see. I hope we are not disappointed!

And personally I like the fact that the mom is not a famous face but... are we sure that was the mom? Maybe it wasn't her umbrella and we still don't know how the mom looks. :P

Setting the whole season on a weekend is a risky idea; the scriptwriters need to be really really witty to make the show interesting and funny but at the same time not surreal. I mean, it's just a weekend versus more then 20 episodes, it should happen lots of things but, at the same time, things that could happen in just 48 or 72 hours. Well, let's see. I hope we are not disappointed!

And personally I like the fact that the mom is not a famous face but... are we sure that was the mom? Maybe it wasn't her umbrella and we still don't know how the mom looks. :P

I think they're most likely going to do some flashforward/flashback shenanigans to stretch the wedding weekend over the entire season. They can't just keep the mother off screen until the finale so maybe we'll see what she was up to in the last 8 years. I'm assuming the final scene of the season will be them meeting on the train platform at Farhampton (with some relatively obscure indie-rock song playing over the top of it) but by then we'll already know the whole story.

I know the first 4 seasons are on there, not sure about 5 since I haven't subscribed for a few months. And I'm definitely thinking of rewatching all of BB before the new season too, since I never got around to watching 5.

Guest bellastar2355

I plan on watching it then. Just need to get Netflix.

I plan on finishing The Wire first, re-watch the first three seasons of True Blood, then catch up with the rest, watch Deadwood and Treme. Got a busy year for me

NO NO NO

you have to watch breaking bad.... it's the law :P

Seriously though the show is ending this year... you should re watch it

you don't like Dexter?

Is Breaking Bad in its final season? I will wait until it is finished. I don't usually watch shows in durations. The only exception would be Boardwalk Empire.

I've never watched Dexter, is that on Netflix too?

Is Breaking Bad in its final season? I will wait until it is finished. I don't usually watch shows in durations. The only exception would be Boardwalk Empire.

I've never watched Dexter, is that on Netflix too?

Season four is going to be so good. HBO usually knocks it out of the park with season four.

Guest bellastar2355

Is Breaking Bad in its final season? I will wait until it is finished. I don't usually watch shows in durations.

Yes. Final episodes this summer. Looking forward to it. You definitely have to watch it.

Do you watch Dexter?

Is Breaking Bad in its final season? I will wait until it is finished. I don't usually watch shows in durations.

Yes. Final episodes this summer. Looking forward to it. You definitely have to watch it.

Do you watch Dexter?

Me or GZ? I don't watch it but it's on my list of must watch. The problem is that it's a very long list!

Guest bellastar2355

Do you watch Dexter?

Me or GZ? I don't watch it but it's on my list of must watch. The problem is that it's a very long list!

I guess it doesn't matter now :P

what other shows you want to see?