Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

Guest bellastar2355

The thing is, Eamonn Walker has been around, especially to a British audience, for a very long time. Like, since the late 70s.

Yea I've seen him in a few movies....

I enjoyed the show a lot, but it sufferedd after 4.1. Season one is one of the best first seasons I've ever seen.

Started The Wire

I have yet to see that...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the show a lot, but it sufferedd after 4.1. Season one is one of the best first seasons I've ever seen.

Started The Wire

The Wire is better in every way that I can think of. Just don't give up during the first five episodes.

Started season two of The Wire

To me the first three seasons of The Wire are up there with the Taj Mahal, artificial satellites and constitutional democracy among the greatest things humanity has created. (Obvious exaggeration for comedic purposes) Even though the next two seasons are slightly weaker (keep in mind though that many consider season 4 to be the best) they're still way better than most shows at their best.

To me the first three seasons of The Wire are up there with the Taj Mahal, artificial satellites and constitutional democracy among the greatest things humanity has created. (Obvious exaggeration for comedic purposes) Even though the next two seasons are slightly weaker (keep in mind though that many consider season 4 to be the best) they're still way better than most shows at their best.

I keep hearing how it is the best show ever. I like it because it shows police work without all the flashy CSI shit.

And Tom Waits must have liked it because he actually let them used his song for season two.

I keep hearing how it is the best show ever. I like it because it shows police work without all the flashy CSI shit.

I don't think I've ever met or read from anyone who's seen it that doesn't consider it among their top 3 favorite shows.

I prefer to judge them separately by genre:

- adventure

- drama

- comedy

How do you compare The Wire with Chappele's Show or Battlestar Galactica with South Park? They're all great but they're completely different.

The Wire is definitely my favorite drama, by significant distance.

Season 4 is the best! Finding it very hard to believe anyone would claim it's 'slightly weaker' than the first 3.

4>1>3>2>5

And Tom Waits must have liked it because he actually let them used his song for season two.

Way Down in the Hole is in every season.

Season 4 is the best! Finding it very hard to believe anyone would claim it's 'slightly weaker' than the first 3.

4>1>3>2>5

Way Down in the Hole is in every season.

It's done by different artists each season. The original version, by Waits himself, is used in season 2.

I found the story arc for season 4 far less interesting than those in the first three. Didn't care much for the kids.