Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw ep of Touch seemed interesting but how do they keep that going.

Southland 4. Lucy Liu and Lou Diamond Philips join. no real story left to tell they are just rollin around waiting to get shot.

Finished season 1, on your advice, and the acting level is still cringe worthy. I like the rookie, he's a cool dude. The plot lines are also pretty mediocre. Can't believe you compared it to The Wire.

Anyway, I downloaded both first seasons, so I'll watch the second one, in hopes that it will be better.

I saw ep of Touch seemed interesting but how do they keep that going.

Southland 4. Lucy Liu and Lou Diamond Philips join. no real story left to tell they are just rollin around waiting to get shot.

Finished season 1, on your advice, and the acting level is still cringe worthy. I like the rookie, he's a cool dude. The plot lines are also pretty mediocre. Can't believe you compared it to The Wire.

Anyway, I downloaded both first seasons, so I'll watch the second one, in hopes that it will be better.

Most reviewers liked it and compared it to The Wire.

I don't have much of a problem with the acting. Once I felt a victim was a bit bad in breaking down. All the cops are epic d bags though. Which I find amusing. It's like TJ Hooker or something.

I don't think it's quite as serious as the Wire. The characters have more depth but the plotlines are pretty simple. That's life sometimes they chase some guy and he just shoots himself.

I'm on season 4 and they do a lot chasing. It's kind of funny. There is probably a lot of futile stuff on the job.

I think it has a kinetic energy that I like, I see it closer to real cop life. It's chaotic and they can get shot at anytime.

I do think stuff develops, inside all the chaos. Cooper gets intense. Those two that look similar get into trouble but it's more character based than a complex plot of twists.

Season 3 is pretty great as everything gets resolved. So season 4 seems like random craziness. Maybe they've changed the format for longevity.

On the streets the battles find you.

Edited by wasted

I don't like the whole Lydia plotline. Bores me to tears. The rookie and his Officer I like watching, the chemistry and relationship between them is intriguing.

Although it is, like you say, character driven, not much is really happening. There's like one thing that happens each episode to each character. And the acting is sub-par. By practically everybody except the latino guy.

Shawn Hatosay seems good. I haven't really noticed any bad acting but there's no de Niro shit going on either.

It's more like The Shield in action and story but characters like The Wire. There's no scope like the streets to city hall. It's just day to day life. But it's funnier and more poignant.

It's like you get know the characters and how fucked up they are personally then they are in fire fight in a nursery and try not to shoot a kid.

I'm Enjoying it anyway.

Can't say I really cared about the characters. It was all about Bunk n Mcnulty down by the traintracks. The Docks series was really good.

I think if you watch S1-3 the Cooper storyline with the Rookie is solid. So is Nate and it turns into a revenge movie.. The Dewey rehab season is the best. Basically the whole team are on drugs.

S4 seems to be about Lucy Liu and Regina. Rookie is on the rampage. But I can't see the point. They chase down some gang bangers get accused of rape by a crackwhore. Same tazer, different day.

Roger Sterling :heart:

He's been my favorite character, by far, this season.

Don listening to Tomorrow Never Knows? Awesome.

Two things...I wonder if Don will go the Roger route and try LSD or something in hopes of feeling closer to his younger wife?

And also: Do you think it's possible that Pete might kill himself? He keeps seeming depressed in every episode, and even mentioned it when talking about his life insurance policy. He's trying to be like Don, but isn't nearly as cool or good enough.

S4 of Southland is more like the pace of The Wire. Lucy Liu basically carries it, but the whole thing seems deeper. The early seasons was just cops abuse pharmaceuticals and chasing perps down back alleys.

Last episode of Game of Thrones was probably the best of the season so far.

The scene with Jamie and Alton ultimately being killed was one of the best scenes i've seen in a TV show in a long long time. Truely the definition of Game of Thrones. Loving every other side story along with this too. Was that Bran killed at the end????

Last episode of Game of Thrones was probably the best of the season so far.

The scene with Jamie and Alton ultimately being killed was one of the best scenes i've seen in a TV show in a long long time. Truely the definition of Game of Thrones. Loving every other side story along with this too. Was that Bran killed at the end????

I doubt it. Most likely the orphans Rickon was talking about. Regardless - Theon's transformation to full scale bastard is complete. The actor playing Theon has been great the last few episodes. Those little glimpses of horror and regret he shows really make the character.

Caught up on the last few episodes of Community. Loved the bonkers computer game one - it was a shame to remember how much I loved that show and then immediately realise I was potentially watching the last ever episode. Or at least the last every Dan Harmon led episode.

I agree about GoT. Amazing episode and this season is turning up great.

Downloading Luther now. Anybody seen this show? I'm only checking it out because it features the guy that played Stringer Bell in The Wire and Emma Stone. But it seems to be good.

I've just watched the last episode of House ever. :cry:

me too and I think it was disappointing :ph34r:

I loooove House it's one of the best series ever so I think they sould have spent more time on the last episode instead of rushing it :(

I don't want to pile through this whole thread, but some of the TV shows I really like at the moment are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Breaking Bad.

I'll watch the occasional Arrested Development, That '70s Show, and Dexter though. Dexter really went to shit. It hasn't been good since the fourth season and even the third season sucked.

Breaking Bad ends next season. It's probably the most well done series I've seen and I am expecting a spectacular series finale.

I loooove House it's one of the best series ever so I think they sould have spent more time on the last episode instead of rushing it :(

Yeah, I was really disappointed too. I was hoping the two hours would've been all episode, not half retrospective and half show - I would've been a lot less disappointed in the ending if it was much more fleshed out, though I still wasn't much of a fan.

Guest Gunns

I am really digging Touch at the moment, I just love the whole concept and that 'butterfly effect' it has that makes you keep thinking about the entire unworldly concept long after the show has finished.

Definitely recommend it, however I understand if some people don't like it, it's not to everyone's taste.

Yeah, I was really disappointed too. I was hoping the two hours would've been all episode, not half retrospective and half show - I would've been a lot less disappointed in the ending if it was much more fleshed out, though I still wasn't much of a fan.

The last episode could've been way better but I liked it anyway. I was a big fan of this series (well, more than the show itself I like House as a character) and I will miss it.