Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

Big Bang blows community out of the water! Just look at the ratings!

Such an infuriatingly idiotic comment. High ratings does not equal good quality and vice versa. The Wire was low-rated enough to face cancellation once, only returning for a fifth season after a two-year hiatus. And it's widely considered one of, if not the, greatest TV series of all time.

The thing about Community is that it's never going to garner a huge audience because it now caters to it's hardcore, cult following only. If you haven't watched from the beginning then it's going to be tough to get as each show is peppered with in-jokes and pop culture references. Some might see it as a decline in quality but I don't - I see it as the writers giving the fan base exactly what they want. And that fan base is a very certain kind of person. Somebody well versed in pop culture who is willing to pay attention to the show closely enough to recognise it's brilliance. At it's best Community is laugh out loud funny as well as being an incredibly intelligent critic of the very genre it belongs to. It’s one of the most distinctive, inventive shows on network television and, as a fan, it's hard not to get defensive when people rank it below the fucking Big Bang Theory.

Edited by Nobodys_Fault

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big Bang is the worst comedy on TV right now.

It's predictable, ridiculously unrealistic, full of plot holes and is a school for over-acting. People are finding it "cool" because of all those "nerdy" in-jokes. People feel like a part of some kind of special club because they understand the jokes etc while actually the jokes are basically common knowledge in our day and age.

Seriously, it's shit. Nowhere near Community.

It's predictable, ridiculously unrealistic, full of plot holes and is a school for over-acting. People are finding it "cool" because of all those "nerdy" in-jokes. People feel like a part of some kind of special club because they understand the jokes etc while actually the jokes are basically common knowledge in our day and age.

I agree with some of your points but it's not that bad! I like it.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you, Kushner. I cannot stand the Big Bang Theory. I hate it.

BBT is good. It's worth a few laughs every now and then. It's now become the cool thing to hate BBT, because it's gotten so popular, I assume. Stop being such grumpy old men.

I hated it before it was popular.

I don't wanna watch the office anymore now that Steve Carrell has left....all of the embaresment has gone out of the show now :( And I used to love Pam and Jim but now they're just fucking annoying.

So what should I watch now? I feel like I've watched everything that's worth watching....

BBT is good. It's worth a few laughs every now and then. It's now become the cool thing to hate BBT, because it's gotten so popular, I assume. Stop being such grumpy old men.

I hated it before it was popular.

It's actually a pretty funny show, that being said I think the thing would fold like a house of cards if they didn't have Sheldon.

Guest gunns5

I'm looking forward to the new tv show "touch and go' starring keifer sutherland

ALSO

NEW 24 MOVIE COMING

rock2 rock2 rock2 rock2 rock2

Edited by gunns5

Am I the only one that hated Pam and Jim from the start? They would just constantly be dicks to Dwight all the time when he never instigated it. And their whole high school crush thing was tedious.

True, but when they got together it got so much worse. I really had to struggle to keep watching the show after they got together and when Michael left so did I. I don't wanna watch them play happy family, I want Michael and Dwight to get into weird and embaressing situations together.

Guest gunns5

I'm looking forward to the new tv show "touch and go' starring keifer sutherland

ALSO

NEW 24 MOVIE COMING

rock2 rock2 rock2 rock2 rock2

i really wanna see that too..it looks like it is really good!!

the movie or the new tv show?