Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though not as good as it used to be, I still love Community.

I had to write a term paper last night. I stayed up until 3 am writing it while watching the first season of Community all over again. I completely forgot how brilliant the first season was. It had good music, character development, the characters were more BELIEVABLE, and it was actually funny. I dont think I've laughed at all in the third season, but I laughed my ass off in quite a few episodes in the first. Damn, such a shame the show went downhill. I still like Season 3, but it's just not the same. That alternate timeline episode was boss, though.

I believe it's still awesome, but in a different way. It's not as funny, as in that rapidfire joke delivery is gone, but the writing is more interesting.

They don't write with character development in mind. I was watching this interview with Dan Harmon. He said they just write stories for the episodes and the character moments are basically fitted in and the character arcs are completely improvised. There's no plan like for the following season or anything of the sort. Maybe that might help with making it seem more natural?

What I personally dislike about this season is how they're deconstructing Abed. He used to be this sort of superhuman character right? Essentially he knew he was fictional. Now they're showing how he's just insane.

mad men still the best show on tv.

pete has become as compelling as don - in a completely different way.

watching him get belted by lane was hilarious. don's smirk as he draws the curtains was pure gold.

the sound of a dripping tap to end the show. fuck me, i almost felt for the feeble little fuck.

Agree with everything you said. Don being faithful is a scary thought.

Also:

PETE-CAMPBELL-KTFO.gif

Dexter, True Blood, Person of interest, Hell on Wheels, Justified and 24.

Going to watch Touch and homeland when I get time.

American makes the best TV, and I don't live there so don't always know what is available. I discovered person of interest,Justified and hell on wheels by chance online as the UK doesn't get everything.

Pirate bay is my friend with all these, can't stand watching episodes per week.

love this show, the first couple episodes were killer then it kinda sank a little in the next 2 episodes or so but the final 2 or 3 were just killer, cant wait for season 2

watching him get belted by lane was hilarious. don's smirk as he draws the curtains was pure gold.

the sound of a dripping tap to end the show. fuck me, i almost felt for the feeble little fuck.

Agree with everything you said. Don being faithful is a scary thought.

Also:

PETE-CAMPBELL-KTFO.gif

Nice left cross. lol

God I loved the scenes at the driving classes. Had this dark dream-like quality about it. Poor Pete discovered that even with all his buisness success, there's still always someone stronger and better looking to take the high school girls he never got.

The cringworthy discussion of sci-fi at dinner.

Joan reacting with pure class to Lane's kiss. So glad she didn't freak out. Dude just beat up a bloke half his age and was on a high. :thumbsup:

Such a great episode.

Edited by Dead Flower

Can drama honestly get better than Mad Men? Maybe The Sopranos.

The Wire.

Oz.

Both better than Mad Men.

The Wire.

Oz.

the wire yes. maybe not better but definitely the same!

oz, no. it was good until season 3 until adabsi died. but then the story seemed to get so ridiculous! and even cheesy at some points. it ended terribly and left me cringing

The Wire.

Oz.

oz, no. it was good until season 3 until adabsi died. but then the story seemed to get so ridiculous! and even cheesy at some points. it ended terribly and left me cringing

I agree the ending was total bullshit. But the series as a whole was amazing. And the first three seasons are miles ahead of anything Mad Men will ever be.

if you like The Wire or The Shield check out Southland.

It's not as serious as those shows but it's funnier and more exciting and unpredictable, with more depth to characters.

Started watching Southland. Watched 3 episodes. The premise is cool. But so far the acting lvl: minus 5 stars.

Tom Sizemore turns up in a few eps and it gets crazy. Supposedly they changed the format of season 4

I know it's probably just me, but the last two episodes of Game of Thrones.........*sigh*...I thought were kinda boring.

..Anyway, any Prison Break fans on the board?

Been watching on Netflix. So far it goes like this. The first two seasons were awesome......season 3, while not good as the first two, is still pretty damn good........season 4, well jesus....it's just plain bad.

i'm having to force myself to finish it.

Prison Break drops off once they on run. I guess the mexican prison or south america series was good. but it gets kind of ridiculous towards the end. it really turns into Fugitive the tv series.

Clash of Kings was kind of talky all building up the end. the best part is that demon chick.

Edited by wasted

The Wire.

Oz.

By season 4 I was SO FUCKING BORED with Beecher's storyline!!!!

And Adebisi's death (spoiler alert, whatever) happens mid season 4. Essentially season 4 is two seasons in one (16 episodes whereas the others are 8 each).

I was talking about this to another forum members some time ago: I thought season 1 and season 4 first half were by far the best because they were the ones that were building up to something (there was a crescendo and a big finale). The other seasons, they were just struggling to come up with stories. And with how to torture Beecher next.

I just started rewatching Red Dwarf from the beginning in anticipation of the new series in the autumn. Still absolutely fucking fantastic in every single way... Perfect blend of Sitcom and Science Fiction.

I just started rewatching Red Dwarf from the beginning in anticipation of the new series in the autumn. Still absolutely fucking fantastic in every single way... Perfect blend of Sitcom and Science Fiction.

I love Red Dwarf. The scene where Lister and Cat are both in front of a computer terminal and they're both scared shitless of what they think is a spider and they only talk to each other by typing is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I love Red Dwarf. The scene where Lister and Cat are both in front of a computer terminal and they're both scared shitless of what they think is a spider and they only talk to each other by typing is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I love the bit where the polymorph turns into a pair of boxer shorts and Lister puts them on... I was howling with laughter as Kryten's trying to help him get them off and Rimmer walks in.

Guest gunns5

So far, touch is the best show i've seen since 24, I love the refreshing concept and the underlying themes that aren't prominent until you really get to understand why certain things were bring depicted in the scenes..

Definately buying the whole series when it comes out on DVD

I saw ep of Touch seemed interesting but how do they keep that going.

Southland 4. Lucy Liu and Lou Diamond Philips join. no real story left to tell they are just rollin around waiting to get shot.