Official TV Show discussion

SunnyDRE

Many of the comedies I like are British, also most of them are no longer on.

I much prefer black humour and toilet humour, just never found friends funny.

The Inbetweeners

Threesome

Mrs Browns Boys

Still Game

Chewing The Fat

Bottom

Pram face

Much more my humour

Used to love Bottom when I was younger and it still raises a smile now and again. To add to the love of the Britcoms though.

New Statesman

Father Ted (Yes I know it's Irish)

Peep Show

Blackadder

Spitting Image

League of Gentlemen

Phoenix Nights

Steptoe and Son

In Sickness and in Health

Love Thy Neighbour

Monty Python

I'll think of a few more in a bit but they're all amazing!

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im really into criminal minds right now.

it is 50% annoying because it follows a set formula.

successful crime

team disembarks

abduction

key turning point

victim saved in the nick of time

roll credits

but the other 50% is interesting / entertaining enough to keep me watching.

I've been watching The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo for some nostalgia.

I was obsessed with Scooby Doo when I was a kid and with that in mind, my girlfriend surprised me with the complete original series on DVD for my birthday last year. It's a badass cartoon. :thumbsup:

I remember thinking this incarnation of the show was awesome when I was a kid so for $9 on eBay I figured I'd watch it again. In retrospect, Scrappy Doo deserves to be shot. And who in the blue FUCK is Flim Flam? He should be shot too. Why they would introduce Flim Flam and keep Scrappy in the fold instead of just having Fred and Velma is beyond me.

I guess Vincent Price doing the voice of Van Ghoul makes up for it though, and Scooby and Shaggy are still funny.

Yes, that's right. I do still watch Scooby Doo and will rant about it on a Guns N' Roses forum.

I was obsessed with Scooby Doo when I was a kid and with that in mind, my girlfriend surprised me with the complete original series on DVD for my birthday last year. It's a badass cartoon. :thumbsup:

I remember thinking this incarnation of the show was awesome when I was a kid so for $9 on eBay I figured I'd watch it again. In retrospect, Scrappy Doo deserves to be shot. And who in the blue FUCK is Flim Flam? He should be shot too. Why they would introduce Flim Flam and keep Scrappy in the fold instead of just having Fred and Velma is beyond me.

I guess Vincent Price doing the voice of Van Ghoul makes up for it though, and Scooby and Shaggy are still funny.

Yes, that's right. I do still watch Scooby Doo and will rant about it on a Guns N' Roses forum.

I watch it too! :)

When I was a kid, one of my favorite movies was the movie where The Gang goes to this island and the two ladies they meet end up being werewolfs and there are zombies coming up out of the ground everywhere! I can't remember the name but I was obsessed with it.

I also loved the one where they go to this house, I think, and it has to do with a civil war veteran, I think? Haha! Shitttt I can't remember anything about it hardly but all I know is that I loved it! :)

Well since V was canceled, and football is over, the TV has become an ancient relic.....but then I discovered CBS's new show Rob!, which I like. Rob (you can do it!) Schneider

is one of the funniest guys around, and it seems like I like just about anything he stars in. I think it's on right after Big Bang Theory. I DVR it so I'm not sure, but it's on Thursday nights.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. I've not seen this show but Rob Schneider is probably the least funny man to ever walk this Earth! I've seriously had funnier tumours than that berk! Adam Sandler should be ashamed of the fact that he gave this goon a career!

Agreed.

Rob is no Jim Carrey.

Agreed. Rob Schneider isn't even as funny as John Kerry.

Funnier than Rob Schneider!

Gees, didn't mean to start a slaughter Schneider thread, never said the guy was Jerry Seinfeld, maybe saying "funniest guys around" was wrong. Excuse me. I did like Rob in the movie Animal though.

I like the series, it's interesting to me, it's about a guy who used to be single and had everything good in his life, then he gets married and has to now share his freedom with his wife and a new family (mexican) to get used to.

I do believe Ben Stiller would have been a better Rob. This looks like classic Stiller here.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite movies was the movie where The Gang goes to this island and the two ladies they meet end up being werewolfs and there are zombies coming up out of the ground everywhere! I can't remember the name but I was obsessed with it.

I also loved the one where they go to this house, I think, and it has to do with a civil war veteran, I think? Haha! Shitttt I can't remember anything about it hardly but all I know is that I loved it! :)

First the love Yoshi and now Scooby. I smell another five star profile rating. ;)

You're thinking Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, and yes, it's awesome.

I'm starting to lose faith in Alcatraz. When it started off it had a really cool premise, a mix of the standard cop proceedural with the slightly sci-fi elements of Lost in the background. But as it's gone on...I'm losing more and more interest. Every episode has followed the same "bad guy comes back, hunt the bad guy, stick him in the new prison" formula, and in 6 or so episodes it hasn't dropped very much in the way of the "why". I'm going to stick it out till the end of the season, but I'm not so sure I'll come back if it continues in this same trudging vein.

Other than that, I've been seeing out the last season of House. Having watched it for so many years, I'm really sad to see it go - I still live at home (inb4 lol what a loser) and it's been something my whole family has sat and watched every Monday for a long time. I can understand why it's going though, it's gone through so many personnel changes and has really become way too formulaic at this point, but House being House has still made it a worthwhile watch for me.

Yes! That's what its called! I love that movie :lol:

I basically wore out the VHS tape when it first came out. I was obsessed. :lol:

Same. My parents HATE that movie cause I would literally watch it everyday. They got so annoyed. I eventually switched to either The NeverEnding story, or the Black Cauldron. Can't remember which was next :P ha

^

Agreed.

I think the guy they captured will bring his group to the farm in the finale, as there are only two episodes left and there isn't any other logical conclusion to this season. Also, the little kid is starting to become annoying.

The walking dead was pretty solid. I must say that this season is better than last. I can`t believe that only two remain until the season is over. I hope we don`t have to wait another year again.

i thought it was boring to be honest. i felt like i could have just watched the last 10 minutes of the episode and be caught up.

First the love Yoshi and now Scooby. I smell another five star profile rating. ;)

You're thinking Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, and yes, it's awesome.

May I just say, I fucking love the Scooby-Doo films as well, Zombie Island was superb (pretty fucking dark for a kids' cartoon though). Oh, and they were werecats rather than werewolves!

My favourite one was probably Scooby-Doo meets the Boo Brothers and my least favourite was probably Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster, just because of the horrendous accents and stereotypical portrayal of Scottish people.

Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster, just because of the horrendous accents and stereotypical portrayal of Scottish people.

Hahaha! Scooby Doo and the Raging Alcoholic Heroin Addicts? That's the only one where the ghosts have more life in them than the locals right? :lol:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Just started watching The Office (I know I'm way behind) but damn that show is funny. Dwight is just brilliant and I really like Jim too.

*cough* not as good as the original *cough*