Is Guns N' Roses a conservative or liberal band?

WhazUp

All of my freinds call them conservative and pair them up with other conservative artists such as Ted Nugent, but I always considered them to be pretty liberal (basing this off of Civil War's lyrics)

I know that ultimately it doesn't matter and the quality of the music it what counts, but I am just curious...

Edited by WhazUp

Man there is so little to talk about regarding NuGnR we get threads like this!...Do you all see what Axl has reduced you all too.........

You can always click on any of the other topics that all turn into the same old arguments that go nowhere

Man there is so little to talk about regarding NuGnR we get threads like this!...Do you all see what Axl has reduced you all too.........

You can always click on any of the other topics that all turn into the same old arguments that go nowhere

I'm not trying to criticize you WhazUp as I understand you are just trying to start discussion but we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of these topics..........

Its all good man I'm sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you.

Yeah I just want some sort of discussion beyond the usual arguments that I see on many topics on this board

Missed the point here all together...I mean if one cant look at the lyrics alone an distinquish the difference between "liberal and conservative" then you better sit down with your values and have a long conversation with your self. The punk roots..the social commentary...the whole genre of rock and roll. Its a big fuck you to the social order including anthems of conservative and liberal agenda.

To think in either/or terms..is why a good percentage of Americans are fucking clueless. To quote Axl here.."just because your winning dont mean your the lucky ones." to paraphrase Plato... does might make right? If thats true every bully that kicked the shit out of you at school had a right to do so and your just a sissybitch for whining about the injustice of it all.

The most liberal acting cokewhores I kinow are staunch Republicans.. the most conservative compasionate people I know are all "liberals."

What America needs is not conservative vs liberal pissing contests it needs a fucking revolution. A massive non violent week of prayer and fasting where in All workers in the United States refrain from working refrain from buying anything or going anywhere. It would take less than 12 hours for the effects to be noticed.

I think when they look at how much they pay in taxes, they might be on the Conservative side, but when it comes to the audience, they want to keep politics off the stage.

They're not The Clash or Rage Against the Machine, although prob. fans of their music.

My guess is that they are a pretty liberal band. I remember Axl speaking out against a war that Clinton was getting involved in. I also remember Dexter getting excited about Obama during one of the chats

That's not really accurate. Or at least it's not accurate basing your conclusion on that. Somebody told him they were working for him or something...he could've just been giving them a congrats on that....or he could've been being sarcastic..who knows.

You got any sources on the Clinton thing? Not that that would really tell you either way. Plus speaking out against a sitting Democrat President isn't exactly a non conservative thing to do...