New Richard 4tus interview

Steamboat

Did Axl authorize that interview???

Lol, as much as i'd like to argue, I have to admit I saw a bumblefoot video of theirs in which bumble's guitar tech alludes to having worked with 'the man in the top hat', which they took down after a few days and uploaded an edited version with that cut out.. :rofl-lol:

I don't know if that was a request of Axl's though..

He endorses their products, so of course he's going to do an interview for them. He's not discussing the current status of the band or upcoming plans this year.

Big mistake is when people start becoming a spokesman for the band. Obama said it to Bill O'Reilly yesterday... anything you say can affect a lot of people, so you have to watch what you say. Axl has the means to make official announcements directly to fans, and there's journalists that read everything he puts out. You see how fast that winds up in the news.

Lol, as much as i'd like to argue, I have to admit I saw a bumblefoot video of theirs in which bumble's guitar tech alludes to having worked with 'the man in the top hat', which they took down after a few days and uploaded an edited version with that cut out.. :rofl-lol:

I don't know if that was a request of Axl's though..

Yeah I remember that...and yes, it's true that they cut that part...Pretty pathetic.

Funnily enough the guitar tech mentions Duff McKagan in the video and that part wasn't cut :xmasssanta:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Way cool. To be honest I'm glad Axl didn't draft in Richard during those auditions (otherwise we'd never have been exposed to the brilliance of Buckethead) “Chinese Democracy” wouldn't have been half as good had Axl not been pointed in the direction of Brian Carroll in the late nineties (sorry but I'd hate to think what Fortus would have done to the record as a lead). Richard is a cool guy and a competent rhythm (and I think his live style is second to none), but I'd take Bucket's contributions over his every single time.

nice find! thanks!

cool interview from a cool rocker! B)

Yeap, 10 years man. it was a long time for you, it was a long time for me

so, 2/3 world tours (becasuse 2002 was cut short :D),+ one album = 10 years in GNR for Richard.

so, in a logic of things by GNR standard, the 10 years to come will consist in one album + 2/3 world tours (because one of them will get cut short :D ).

so, relax folks and enjoy life.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Cool video. I would love to watch all the audition tapes from the band members :lol:

I wonder who watches the audition. Anyone want to hazard a guess? :question:

Hey when the guys go off on tour do they basically not see their family for a year or two? Like if they have kids their wives need to stay home to take them to school etc. Must be a lonely life.

Hey when the guys go off on tour do they basically not see their family for a year or two? Like if they have kids their wives need to stay home to take them to school etc. Must be a lonely life.

A] Lonely is something tourlife never is.

B] Family stuff differs from band to band, from tour to tour. With older popular bands, I guess its quite common to have families tag along for the tour. With the bands who are under 40 and popular, I guess its more common to keep the families out of it, since you want to be free to do dope, drink like a pig and fuck young groupies.

Edited by phaeryen

B] Family stuff differs from band to band, from tour to tour. With older popular bands, I guess its quite common to have families tag along for the tour. With the bands who are under 40 and popular, I guess its more common to keep the families out of it, since you want to be free to do dope, drink like a pig and fuck young groupies.

Sometimes you can be lonely in a crowded room. Groupies, drugs and alcohol can only give you a certain amount of happiness. Thrills not real happiness.

It must tear them apart when their kids are tiny especially. Thats why Brain is away atm right?

Sometimes you can be lonely in a crowded room. Groupies, drugs and alcohol can only give you a certain amount of happiness. Thrills not real happiness.

It must tear them apart when their kids are tiny especially. Thats why Brain is away atm right?

Well, we can't be sure of the Brain thing. I'd think that, since Brain still hangs out with Bucket, its another bridge burnt.

I've read several accounts of people juggling family life with touring. If relations with the wife are good, then it's also common for the wife to fly after the rocking husband from time to time. So you end up being a rocker onstage and a rocker backstage most of the time, but every now and then you switch it so that you skip backstage and just hang out with the wife and the offspring and play the father thing after and before the shows. Sometimes it works, many times it doesn't because it is of course, a strain on any relationship if the significant other is out there in the world touring as an artist.

And you are right, sometimes you are alone in a crowded room. I lead a life like that for over two years, but I was depressed.

Well, we can't be sure of the Brain thing. I'd think that, since Brain still hangs out with Bucket, its another bridge burnt.

I've read several accounts of people juggling family life with touring. If relations with the wife are good, then it's also common for the wife to fly after the rocking husband from time to time. So you end up being a rocker onstage and a rocker backstage most of the time, but every now and then you switch it so that you skip backstage and just hang out with the wife and the offspring and play the father thing after and before the shows. Sometimes it works, many times it doesn't because it is of course, a strain on any relationship if the significant other is out there in the world touring as an artist.

And you are right, sometimes you are alone in a crowded room. I lead a life like that for over two years, but I was depressed.

It definitely takes a certain kind of person. Loads of rock stars suffer from addictions and depressions. Is touring a contribution?

I find it interesting. I was watching Married to Rock and it was difficult to judge because Duff and Susan were the only ones with kids. Duff seemed to be away alot while she stayed home (presumably to look after their daughters) but I guess they are nearly old enough to stay on their own for a short period. I know the life would be awesome but I would hate to be a rockstar wife. I'd be so paranoid about those goddamn groupies :fuckyou:

Way cool. To be honest I'm glad Axl didn't draft in Richard during those auditions (otherwise we'd never have been exposed to the brilliance of Buckethead) “Chinese Democracy” wouldn't have been half as good had Axl not been pointed in the direction of Brian Carroll in the late nineties (sorry but I'd hate to think what Fortus would have done to the record as a lead). Richard is a cool guy and a competent rhythm (and I think his live style is second to none), but I'd take Bucket's contributions over his every single time.

I somewhat disagree. Richard is a brilliant guitarist and I am confident he can do great lead guitar playing. Chinese Democracy would have been weaker without Buckethead, but I still think the stability that would have come with Richard taking Bucket's position would have helped tremendously in the years leading up to the release of Chinese Democracy. As much as I hate thinking about how There Was A Time would have sounded without Bucket's eminent guitar solo, I think that because of all the drama surrounding Buckethead and his weird and polarizing look, GN'R would have been better off without him (yeah I know it's sacrilege). It may have resulted in CD being released earlier (and hence be more modern sounding). I find the rotating line-up together with all the distractions and drama one of the biggest obstacles for GN'R to release more music and become successful again.