DJ Ashba comment on US tour

ll_tj1

You can not make a pie out of shit! They need to release new album that's better then CD. Real Rn'R album!

Right, cause all music that is not Rn'R blows doesn't it

GN'R are best at Rn'R and they should stick to it.

Im a music producer myself and don't have a problem working on any music style.

That's ok but I couldn't imagine Pitman playing Rn'R.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not find that quote on Ashba's fb or twitter. Has it been deleted or..?

it is here under comments of this title, he responded a few times that comment was one of them:

Dj ASHBA™

Just want to thank all of you for all of the love and support!!!! Miss you f^%$ers!!!!! See ya's soon!!!

2 hours ago

DJ you're going to get in so much trouble!

Not if they want to be taken seriously by their fanbase.

That ship sailed 9 years ago when he trotted out some guy with a KFC bucket attached to his head to replace a legend.

say what you want about slash being the perfect fit in gnr buckethead as a guitarist runs rings around slash

That ship sailed 9 years ago when he trotted out some guy with a KFC bucket attached to his head to replace a legend.

say what you want about slash being the perfect fit in gnr buckethead as a guitarist runs rings around slash

But does that even matter? Is GN'R in need of a virtuoso? As far as I am concerned Slash (co-)created the GN'R guitar sound and therefore cannot fail at delivering it.

And I mean Bucket can shred as fast as he wants, the general public isn't going to respect him as long as he is wearing that stupid bucket, and that disrespect really rubbed off on Axl unfortunately.

I've been waiting for that new SIXX:A.M. album awhile...hope it's gonna be as good as the first one. Well, those guys deliver. It's impossible for them to suck...And I hope that Guns tours the US this year! And hopefully we get a new album next year or so! :)

But does that even matter? Is GN'R in need of a virtuoso? As far as I am concerned Slash (co-)created the GN'R guitar sound and therefore cannot fail at delivering it.

And I mean Bucket can shred as fast as he wants, the general public isn't going to respect him as long as he is wearing that stupid bucket, and that disrespect really rubbed off on Axl unfortunately.

have you ever listened to buckets solo stuff? he doesnt just shred fast he plays amazing acoustic stuff as well, and who cares about the general public? bucket is who he is why change that for people? he doesnt sell out or do things to get attention or to make money, saying bucket replaced a "legend" is at best vastly stretching the truth

have you ever listened to buckets solo stuff? he doesnt just shred fast he plays amazing acoustic stuff as well, and who cares about the general public? bucket is who he is why change that for people? he doesnt sell out or do things to get attention or to make money, saying bucket replaced a "legend" is at best vastly stretching the truth

I have listened briefly to some stuff, and he is good yes. But in the case of the match with GN'R, of course the general public matters! We are constantly debating record sales, arena tours etc here. If Axl gets public ridicule year after year those things are gonna go away, and I am sure he himself would like to be respected, who would like to be world famous and constantly receive bashing (of course that isn't only due to Buckethead, but Bucket did put his comeback off to a bad start)? And to be honest it is not the least bit fun to be a fan of band that nobody respects.

Personally I am not even that interested in Slash to be honest, I find him quit dull in comparison to Axl, but the ridiculous Slash bashing on this board just brings some sort of defense out of me.

On topic it is great if they tour again, but I hope it is not combined with some relaunch. CD needs to be left in the past now. If they don't have material for a whole album they should at least release an EP with stuff from the current band to go with the tour. The unreleased CD stuff is leftovers, which I think would be a bad idea to release at this point.

the album will finally be released the proper way

But I just don´t get it.

People know what Chinese Democracy is. I have been able to buy it on my local gas station for many years now.

A CD-re-release is just utter stupidness. Come on! Guns N Roses have been on a Chinese Democracy tour for over 10 years. It´s time to let go!

Didn't Axl already say that they weren't re-releasing CD?

DJ doesn't mention new GNR album, so that means another Chinese Democracy tour? What do bands that don't put out regular albums, but regularly tour call their tours? Usually something not really related to anything. I wouldn't take that as a confirmation of a tour or the name attached.

the album will finally be released the proper way

But I just don´t get it.

People know what Chinese Democracy is. I have been able to buy it on my local gas station for many years now.

A CD-re-release is just utter stupidness. Come on! Guns N Roses have been on a Chinese Democracy tour for over 10 years. It´s time to let go!

Didn't Axl already say that they weren't re-releasing CD?

yea he also said there were no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour

that was only 4 days ago

maybe dj didnt see that tweet

expecting Rons tweet soon telling us to forget it

Guys just chill.

No doubt the management change will delay the process a bit, but it's clear the band wants to tour the U.S., hence DJ is "looking forward to it." How that one innocent comment gets blown up is beyond me.

I still think GN'R should do some major markets in the U.S., and do a Mexican leg as well. For the U.S., well, 02 and 06 they did winter tours, I'd really suggest a summer shed tour with a strong supporting act (meaning Amphitheater shows) if possible. That would be pretty awesome. Then Rock In Rio if possible (I don't think the full lineup was announced?)