Tommy Stinson: "There's Talk Of Doing A United States Tour."

seely

Found this over on HTGTH from Funky Monke:

Tommy Stinson was interviewed by WMMR in Philly prior to his Feb. 18th show. He says when asked about the status of Guns N' Roses:

Tommy Stinson: Ya know, at some point I think it'll go back out again. I don't really know. There's talk of doing a United States tour. But at the moment, there's nothing on the books. I don't really know -- I'm waiting to hear. I stay causiously optimistic and guarded about that one because I don't want to be the guy that says, oh yeah, we're going to do blah, blah, blah and then nothing materializes for a year.

He also talks about releasing new solo music in May, The Replacements, touring, getting stuck in London and more.

Audio here: http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10206681

Edited by seely

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Stinson was interviewed by WMMR in Philly prior to his Feb. 18th show. He says when asked about the status of Guns N' Roses:

Tommy Stinson: Ya know, at some point I think it'll go back out again. I don't really know. There's talk of doing a United States tour. But at the moment, there's nothing on the books. I don't really know -- I'm waiting to hear. I stay causiously optimistic and guarded about that one because I don't want to be the guy that says, oh yeah, we're going to do blah, blah, blah and then nothing materializes for a year.

He also talks about releasing new solo music in May, The Replacements, touring, getting stuck in London and more.

Audio here: http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10206681

Thats cool, I'm good with that answer.

then nothing materializes for a year

Unfortunately at this point in time 2011 looks kinda bleak but who knows, an announcement might be right around the corner.

Unfortunately at this point in time 2011 looks kinda bleak but who knows, an announcement might be right around the corner.

Whats redeeming is that Axl supposedly WANTS a US tour. So it's other matters we have to wait for, which is good, as i suspect it takes Axl about 3 days to make a scotch and coke, 4 days if he wants ice.

Whats redeeming is that Axl supposedly WANTS a US tour. So it's other matters we have to wait for, which is good, as i suspect it takes Axl about 3 days to make a scotch and coke, 4 days if he wants ice.

2 words

'better video' :violin:

2 words

4 words "it is this year"(2006).

2 words

4 words "it is this year"(2006).

lol, checkmate! (see what I did thar?)

Yeah, he's said nothing that would upset Der Fuhrer.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

This is third instance in which the intention to tour the United States has been reiterated (Dj, then Dj again, and now Tommy). Hopefully this intention becomes solidified into an actual happening sooner rather than later.

Yeah, he's said nothing that would upset Der Fuhrer.

You are right, but these guys had to have known it was Axl's way or the highway when they signed up. I've said this heaps but this isn't Tool, u2 or Pearl Jam where most band members have equal say and are not bound by gag orders.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

gag order

Really? So if there is a gag order in place, what punishment is there for band members who “speak out of turn”? Surely a third breach of policy (Dj) would result in removal?

gag order

Really? So if there is a gag order in place, what punishment is there for band members who “speak out of turn”? Surely a third breach of policy (Dj) would result in removal?

Just because the band members have not been removed does not mean a gag order is not in place. Have you not forgotten how Alan Niven had to retract his statements to the New York Times due to a breach of confidentiality contract as recent as 2006? Have you forgotten the time where Ron went on Eddie Trunk weeks before Chidem was coming out and only spoke about Devo? Have you forgotten all the "no comments" from Dizzy, Fortus etc through the years? Have you forgotten when Ron opened his mouth about getting into Guns in 2004 only to have management burn him publicly and deny his story?

These are real examples. That kind of shit does not happen to hired guns in other bands such as Chris Broderick of Megadeth or Rob Trujilo of Metallica. Hell, even new Kiss members are free to talk about most stuff. If you do not think these guys are on a gag order, you need to open your eyes...

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

These are real examples.

Those are all examples of one time “offenses”. I'm not denying there's a requirement to not reveal internal plans, what I'm asking you is, how rigorous is this policy when Dj Ashba managed to “speak out of turn” on three occasions and yet still retain his position?

What a shitty position to be in as a band member having no idea what's coming next.

I'd say that's the one pitfall of being in New GNR, has to bother the guys.

But they've all made a couple of million just in one year from the tour, the festivals, and the private shows. They know at any time, they'll get the call to go do the tour, and at any time can stop anything they're working on. As long as the manager knows what commitments they have ahead of time, wouldn't be a big deal. Axl knows some of the guys want to go to the NAMM convention just to see what the latest and greatest is, and he prob. needs some me time to write some songs or just enjoy life. I'm sure most of us want to know what he's up to, because as soon as he Tweets, there's 4 or 5 threads about it.

And as far as any band goes, timing is a big deal when it comes to touring, esp. as an established act where you want as many as people paying to see you that could easily go spend money to see someone else.

It might be in limbo, but they're not hurting like a lot of musicians are right now. Any of them could walk away from GNR just because they want to go on to do other things. They're all pros, and have a lot of experience under their belts.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The audience is tiered of CD :(

The majority of the States market has never heard Shackler's Revenge, If The World, Prostitute, This I Love, Catcher In The Rye, Scraped or Sorry in a live capacity. In other words, only of half of “Chinese Democracy” has been played in the U.S.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

The audience is tiered of CD :(

The majority of the States market has never heard “Shackler's Revenge”, “If The World”, “Prostitute”, “This I Love”, “Catcher In The Rye”, “Scraped” or “Sorry” in a live capacity. In other words, only of half of “Chinese Democracy” has been played in the U.S.

That's what happens when you don't promote your own album. People aren't aware of it.

gag order

Just because the band members have not been removed does not mean a gag order is not in place. Have you not forgotten how Alan Niven had to retract his statements to the New York Times due to a breach of confidentiality contract as recent as 2006? Have you forgotten the time where Ron went on Eddie Trunk weeks before Chidem was coming out and only spoke about Devo? Have you forgotten all the "no comments" from Dizzy, Fortus etc through the years? Have you forgotten when Ron opened his mouth about getting into Guns in 2004 only to have management burn him publicly and deny his story?

These are real examples. That kind of shit does not happen to hired guns in other bands such as Chris Broderick of Megadeth or Rob Trujilo of Metallica. Hell, even new Kiss members are free to talk about most stuff. If you do not think these guys are on a gag order, you need to open your eyes...

How many times does Ron have to come out and shoot this 'gag order' bull shit down? Are you ever going to get it?