Tommy Stinson: "There's Talk Of Doing A United States Tour."

seely

gag order

Really? So if there is a gag order in place, what punishment is there for band members who “speak out of turn”? Surely a third breach of policy (Dj) would result in removal?

Perhaps this is the context of the Axl emails referring to the sueing (or firing, can't remember) of DJ Slashba - he might have said some normal stuff to the fans that Axl didn't agree with.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gag order

Really? So if there is a gag order in place, what punishment is there for band members who “speak out of turn”? Surely a third breach of policy (Dj) would result in removal?

Just because the band members have not been removed does not mean a gag order is not in place. Have you not forgotten how Alan Niven had to retract his statements to the New York Times due to a breach of confidentiality contract as recent as 2006? Have you forgotten the time where Ron went on Eddie Trunk weeks before Chidem was coming out and only spoke about Devo? Have you forgotten all the "no comments" from Dizzy, Fortus etc through the years? Have you forgotten when Ron opened his mouth about getting into Guns in 2004 only to have management burn him publicly and deny his story?

These are real examples. That kind of shit does not happen to hired guns in other bands such as Chris Broderick of Megadeth or Rob Trujilo of Metallica. Hell, even new Kiss members are free to talk about most stuff. If you do not think these guys are on a gag order, you need to open your eyes...

How many times does Ron have to come out and shoot this 'gag order' bull shit down? Are you ever going to get it?

No I'm never going to get it because there have been real life examples showing otherwise, some involving Ron himself. When he blabbed back in 2004 that he joined GnR he was punished and was not back in the band til a full two years later. Ron going on a forum saying "there is no gag order" is worth nothing when he SHOWS that there is a gag order whenever he does an interview. Like the Eddie Trunk interview. I'll recap it for you so maybe you can see how twisted it is:

Ron, a GUNS N' ROSES guitarist, went on the Eddie Trunk show, Eddie is a huge GUNS N' ROSES fan. This was mere weeks before the release of the new GUNS N' ROSES album and Eddie was playing the new GUNS N' ROSES track and Ron talked about everything BUT GUNS N' ROSES!!! Yeh, no gag order at all....

I have another one for you before you go back to fantasy land. Back in early 2008, a fan went to a guitar clinic and Ron was there. Ron was courteous and signed his CD, took a photo and they spoke for a bit. The fan then said "what is happening with Chinese Democracy?", Ron then replied "Its the fucken record label thats holding it up". The said fan then went on newgnr.com and told his story and the forums went ballistic with petitions going up demanding Universal release Chidem. Days later Ron comes out saying "I never said those things, its all untrue", even though we know now the label was holding it back until negotiations were done(Beta confirmed that one to Classic Rock magazine).

Yeh... no gag order at all..

These are real examples.

Those are all examples of one time “offenses”. I'm not denying there's a requirement to not reveal internal plans, what I'm asking you is, how rigorous is this policy when Dj Ashba managed to “speak out of turn” on three occasions and yet still retain his position?

I don't know the extent to what "punishments' are given, nor do i claim to. I just go by what i see and hear. Ron blabbed about joining the band back in 2004 and was castrated by Gun's management publicly. They invited him to rejoin the band some 2 years later. That's one example i know of. The DJ thing i have no idea. Supposedly Axl threatened to fire/sue him, but we never got real confirmation on that. Perhaps Axl gave him permission to mention the US tour to drum up hype, of course it never came to fruition..

Edited by Young_Gun

the fact of the matter is, this band is a mess in the sense that you shouldn't believe a word you hear or see until it comes into fruition, so I don't listen to who says what until its cemented in 50 inch concrete.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The DJ thing i have no idea. Supposedly Axl threatened to fire/sue him, but we never got real confirmation on that. Perhaps Axl gave him permission to mention the US tour to drum up hype, of course it never came to fruition..

Hypothetics. “Supposedly”. “Perhaps”. The reality is that Dj Ashba breached the “no bizz talk” policy on three occasions (and yet still retained his position within the band). Surely I can infer from this that the “silence” policy you maintain is in existence isn't all that severe (despite what some would like to think)?

The DJ thing i have no idea. Supposedly Axl threatened to fire/sue him, but we never got real confirmation on that. Perhaps Axl gave him permission to mention the US tour to drum up hype, of course it never came to fruition..

Hypothetics. “Supposedly”. “Perhaps”. The reality is that Dj Ashba breached the “no bizz talk” policy on three occasions (and yet still retained his position within the band). Surely I can infer from this that the “silence” policy you maintain is in existence isn't all that severe (despite what some would like to think)?

Very possible that the consequences of the gag order are not as severe as some may think, i never said they were, but it does not mean it is not there. My previous examples show that a gag order IS in place. These are from many different people over the course of many years. DJ only mentioned the US tour twice, once on Facebook, and once to the reporter. Care to tell us where you are getting this third occasion?

They won't make it as big as Axl think's if they don't release new music.

Touring behind a album for the last ten years that was released two years ago isn't a good idea. Even the re-luanch would be looked upon as Axl being "to lazy or stubborn to release new music, so he released the same album again." Even if there is new album cover and booklet, it's the music that matter's. People reviewed the music, not the cover or misprinted lyrics. People will also just download the new rumored track Blood in the Water. Hell, I'll probably do that. Remixed tracks and a video will all be on Youtube and torrent websites. People won't pay money for the same album with a few extra tracks and a video when it'll be on Youtube a day after. I like the idea of the reluanch, but it'll be a waste.

They should release a new album with new or old material, or alteast play new song's during the tour. They should promote a new album, not an old one.

Spot on!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Very possible that the consequences of the gag order are not as severe as some may think, i never said they were, but it does not mean it is not there.

What's the problem then (if there's no severity to the policy)? I welcome the prohibition of discussing provisional plans as it just creates a capacity for disappointment (look at Dj how many people were left disappointed when his February tour didn't come to fruition?).

DJ only mentioned the US tour twice, once on Facebook, and once to the reporter. Care to tell us where you are getting this third occasion?

I never said Dj's three breaches (which I referenced) were specifically in relation to a U.S tour. Dj spoke of a new album to a Swedish (?) magazine. He then spoke to Artisan News (I think?) about a new album and a U.S tour. He then reiterated the prospects of a U.S tour on his Facebook page. Those are three blatant breaches of the so called “no bizz talk” policy.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Tommy Stinson was interviewed by WMMR in Philly prior to his Feb. 18th show. He says when asked about the status of Guns N' Roses:

Tommy Stinson: Ya know, at some point I think it'll go back out again. I don't really know. There's talk of doing a United States tour. But at the moment, there's nothing on the books. I don't really know -- I'm waiting to hear. I stay causiously optimistic and guarded about that one because I don't want to be the guy that says, oh yeah, we're going to do blah, blah, blah and then nothing materializes for a year.

He also talks about releasing new solo music in May, The Replacements, touring, getting stuck in London and more.

Audio here: http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10206681

then nothing materializes for a year

Unfortunately at this point in time 2011 looks kinda bleak but who knows, an announcement might be right around the corner.

Whats redeeming is that Axl supposedly WANTS a US tour. So it's other matters we have to wait for, which is good, as i suspect it takes Axl about 3 days to make a scotch and coke, 4 days if he wants ice.

2 words

'better video' :violin:

4 words "it is this year"(2006).

March 6th, 2007.

They won't make it as big as Axl think's if they don't release new music.

Touring behind a album for the last ten years that was released two years ago isn't a good idea. Even the re-luanch would be looked upon as Axl being "to lazy or stubborn to release new music, so he released the same album again." Even if there is new album cover and booklet, it's the music that matter's. People reviewed the music, not the cover or misprinted lyrics. People will also just download the new rumored track Blood in the Water. Hell, I'll probably do that. Remixed tracks and a video will all be on Youtube and torrent websites. People won't pay money for the same album with a few extra tracks and a video when it'll be on Youtube a day after. I like the idea of the reluanch, but it'll be a waste.

They should release a new album with new or old material, or alteast play new song's during the tour. They should promote a new album, not an old one.

People who buy music online don't care about liner notes. That's what websites are for. They could just sell the booklets at the show for 5 bucks or post it online for free so fans can print it out.

Yeah I`m sure it`s allllllllll because of Axl and his lawsuits that they can`t tour. Bs , they could simply do a club tour. I just saw the Goo Goo Dolls in a small theather here in Montreal with like 2000-3000 people and there was more energy in the crowd than when I saw GNR. Why? These 2000-3000 peopel are diehard fans and not casuals.

I feel bad for Tommy and the others , all they want to do is play.

Yeah I`m sure it`s allllllllll because of Axl and his lawsuits that they can`t tour. Bs , they could simply do a club tour. I just saw the Goo Goo Dolls in a small theather here in Montreal with like 2000-3000 people and there was more energy in the crowd than when I saw GNR. Why? These 2000-3000 peopel are diehard fans and not casuals.

All they want is their paycheck at the end of the month, they could care less about the GNR fans, they even dare to show up here in this boards an insult them. The ones that truly cared about GNR are long gone.

Edited by LaRocker

All they want is their paycheck at the end of the month, they could care less about the GNR fans, they even dare to show up here in this boards an insult them. The ones that truly cared about GNR are long gone.

I disagree with just about everything you say, you're just unbelieveably wrong...

I disagree with just about everything you say, you're just unbelieveably wrong...

av-15645.gif

you're just unbelieveably blind, let's hope someday the truth about all this drama sees the surface.

av-15645.gif

you're just unbelieveably blind, let's hope someday the truth about all this drama sees the surface.

Have you ever been to a show and met these people you mouth off about so vehemently? Ron didn't show up here to insult the fans did he? He showed up to clear up things being said about him which he felt were false and fired insults at those perpetuating the rumours, anyone who wasn't being deliberately antagonistic (i.e. an arsehole) was treated with respect, would someone who cared only about a paycheque really go and jam with the kids at that rock school in England or play for hours on a battered acoustic guitar outside a hotel room with fans... Would a man whose only motivation in the world is money give away the entire profits from one of his albums to MS research?

Call me crazy, but that all seems like the actions of a good guy to me, but you repeatedly post shit about him and the other folk in the band because they're not Slash or Duff, the all important non-original "original members"... Now I don't disrespect or hate either of them, I love their contributions to the band's legacy and I enjoy some of the music they make today... I just don't see the need to be a twat about anyone in the band or to state things which essentially aren't true but are vitriolic just to get a rise out of people...

How am I blind again?

av-15645.gif

Have you ever been to a show and met these people you mouth off about so vehemently? Ron didn't show up here to insult the fans did he? He showed up to clear up things being said about him which he felt were false and fired insults at those perpetuating the rumours, anyone who wasn't being deliberately antagonistic (i.e. an arsehole) was treated with respect, would someone who cared only about a paycheque really go and jam with the kids at that rock school in England or play for hours on a battered acoustic guitar outside a hotel room with fans... Would a man whose only motivation in the world is money give away the entire profits from one of his albums to MS research?

Call me crazy, but that all seems like the actions of a good guy to me, but you repeatedly post shit about him and the other folk in the band because they're not Slash or Duff, the all important non-original "original members"... Now I don't disrespect or hate either of them, I love their contributions to the band's legacy and I enjoy some of the music they make today... I just don't see the need to be a twat about anyone in the band or to state things which essentially aren't true but are vitriolic just to get a rise out of people...

How am I blind again?

He simply insulted those who stand in favor of original gnr and those insults were not soft at all. Why are you bringing charity onto this? Slash n Duff for example made significant contributions, and Bumble's charity work, I dont know details about it, but im convinced he's involved in many good causes.

Im just saying Bumble's a nice guy in front of the cameras but when there's talk about business he is a diferent person although I wouldn't expected a diferent behavior from a hired hand.

Very possible that the consequences of the gag order are not as severe as some may think, i never said they were, but it does not mean it is not there.

What's the problem then (if there's no severity to the policy)? I welcome the prohibition of discussing provisional plans as it just creates a capacity for disappointment (look at Dj – how many people were left disappointed when his “February tour” didn't come to fruition?).

DJ only mentioned the US tour twice, once on Facebook, and once to the reporter. Care to tell us where you are getting this third occasion?

I never said Dj's three breaches (which I referenced) were specifically in relation to a “U.S tour”. Dj spoke of a new album to a Swedish (?) magazine. He then spoke to Artisan News (I think?) about a new album and a U.S tour. He then reiterated the prospects of a U.S tour on his Facebook page. Those are three blatant breaches of the so called “no bizz talk” policy.

Problem is that it is few and far between buddy. DJ's revealing of the US tour was very refreshing and i hope to see more of this, but i really do doubt it. Just like Ron's inability to talk about anything Guns related when he graced us with his presence on this very forum.

av-15645.gif

How am I blind again?

He simply insulted those who stand in favor of original gnr and those insults were not soft at all.

No he didn't.

He simply insulted those who stand in favor of original gnr and those insults were not soft at all.

No, he didn't. He insulted people who apparently spread lies about himself, and if you equal those people with the GN'R reunionists camp, then that says a lot about those people, doesn't it?

Why is it so hard for people to understand that a usually friendly person may occasionally use foul language when sufficiently provoked? We are all devils and saints depending upon the situation, and each of us have our own personal limit of lies and attacks before we defend ourselves. People who don't understand such fundamental complexities of human behaviour are the same people who are surprised and confused when Ron shows aggression or Axl shows his amiable side because they just can't fathom anyone not acting in accordance with their own prejudices stereotypes. Seeing Ron's limit was not charming, but neither was it surprising or at all damaging to his image. He is still a very open, friendly, and professional band member and at long intervals the only connection we have to the GN'R camp.

It's really sad to see people making this into something much more than it really is, and even more sad to contemplate why these "fans" would jump on this possibility of afflicting more harm to Ron and the band. Go fuck yourselves.

No, he didn't. He insulted people who apparently spread lies about himself, and if you equal those people with the GN'R reunionists camp, then that says a lot about those people, doesn't it?

Why is it so hard for people to understand that a usually friendly person may occasionally use foul language when sufficiently provoked? We are all devils and saints depending upon the situation, and each of us have our own personal limit of lies and attacks before we defend ourselves. People who don't understand such fundamental complexities of human behaviour are the same people who are surprised and confused when Ron shows aggression or Axl shows his amiable side because they just can't fathom anyone not acting in accordance with their own prejudices stereotypes. Seeing Ron's limit was not charming, but neither was it surprising or at all damaging to his image. He is still a very open, friendly, and professional band member and at long intervals the only connection we have to the GN'R camp.

It's really sad to see people making this into something much more than it really is, and even more sad to contemplate why these "fans" would jump on this possibility of afflicting more harm to Ron and the band. Go fuck yourselves.

Sorry but when Ron started bagging out people who "worked 9-5 jobs" and lead normal lives and made like he was some king, that went beyond just giving it back. Its like when Axl tried(and failed) to justify the use of the derogatory word for African American in One in a Million. Sorry, but if you cannot be selective when making GENERAL insults. You cannot say "Gorilla's are f^cked" and not expect to offend other Gorilla's(i used this example to avoid any racial or homophobic accusations and tensions). That is what Ron did. He bagged out people who worked 9-5 and were not known. Yes he used that on a select amount of people who were insulting him, but don't expect OTHER people who just live normal lives not to get offended and think he is an idiot for doing so.

Sorry but when Ron started bagging out people who "worked 9-5 jobs" and lead normal lives and made like he was some king, that went beyond just giving it back. Its like when Axl tried(and failed) to justify the use of the derogatory word for African American in One in a Million. Sorry, but if you cannot be selective when making GENERAL insults. You cannot say "Gorilla's are f^cked" and not expect to offend other Gorilla's(i used this example to avoid any racial or homophobic accusations and tensions). That is what Ron did. He bagged out people who worked 9-5 and were not known. Yes he used that on a select amount of people who were insulting him, but don't expect OTHER people who just live normal lives not to get offended and think he is an idiot for doing so.

You misunderstand. I am not saying his response was perfect, just that it was understandable and that his "outburst" didn't surprise me at all considering how provoked he was. And if other people beyond those that spread lies were insulted by his posts then I would call that unfortunate collateral damage. All this being said, I can't remember him insulting people with 9-5 jobs...I was there posting in the thread and didn't interpret it that way at all. In hindsight it may perhaps be interpreted that way, but I am confident that was never Ron's intention.

Edited by SoulMonster

You misunderstand. I am not saying his response was perfect, just that it was understandable and that his "outburst" didn't surprise me at all considering how provoked he was. And if other people beyond those that spread lies were insulted by his posts then I would call that unfortunate collateral damage. All this being said, I can't remember him insulting people with 9-5 jobs...I was there posting in the thread and didn't interpret it that way at all. In hindsight it may perhaps be interpreted that way, but I am confident that was never Ron's intention.

Intention or not, you do not call someone a n*##er or a cr*##ker and not expect any other people to get offended and think you are an ass(not you personally). Seriously. You defending Ron's actions and words mean you justify this example, its the same thing. What do you want us to think, "Oh Ron just meant THOSE people who work 9-5 and THOSEEEE people who are nobodies". Please. Why do you think he deleted his tweet and his posts, because in hindsight, he knew it was wrong to say what he did. I'm not saying he was to blame 100%, some posters here acted like tossers too, but he should have just stuck with common insults instead of bringing up something that is common to most people ie working a job and not being famous.

Intention or not, you do not call someone a n*##er or a cr*##ker and not expect any other people to get offended and think you are an ass(not you personally). Seriously. You defending Ron's actions and words mean you justify this example, its the same thing. What do you want us to think, "Oh Ron just meant THOSE people who work 9-5 and THOSEEEE people who are nobodies". Please. Why do you think he deleted his tweet and his posts, because in hindsight, he knew it was wrong to say what he did. I'm not saying he was to blame 100%, some posters here acted like tossers too, but he should have just stuck with common insults instead of bringing up something that is common to most people ie working a job and not being famous.

You still don't understand. I am not defending him against your personal interpretation of what he wrote, but explaining why he did what he did and why his behaviour shouldn't surprise anyone nor compromise him in any way.