Tommy Stinson: "There's Talk Of Doing A United States Tour."

seely

Intention or not, you do not call someone a n*##er or a cr*##ker and not expect any other people to get offended and think you are an ass(not you personally). Seriously. You defending Ron's actions and words mean you justify this example, its the same thing. What do you want us to think, "Oh Ron just meant THOSE people who work 9-5 and THOSEEEE people who are nobodies". Please. Why do you think he deleted his tweet and his posts, because in hindsight, he knew it was wrong to say what he did. I'm not saying he was to blame 100%, some posters here acted like tossers too, but he should have just stuck with common insults instead of bringing up something that is common to most people ie working a job and not being famous.

You still don't understand. I am not defending him against your personal interpretation of what he wrote, but explaining why he did what he did and why his behaviour shouldn't surprise anyone nor compromise him in any way.

Now you are trying to spin it. "My personal interpretation", what, you mean common human decency? I know why he did what he did, but he should not have said insults that can/will offend a collective group. Had he have said "oh you're just a c#nt, go f#ck yourself" no one would have had a real problem with it. But he choose to bag out something that most of us forum members fit into ie we work normal jobs and are not famous.

Its like using a homophobic slur on a gay guy because he looked at you funny but you don't expect other gay people to get offended, OF COURSE THEY WILL GET OFFENDED.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, even though the pancake flipping part was clearly uncalled for ( though kinda funny ), whoever it was directed to was acting like such a bitch...

I mean...You don't like NuGnR, that's cool, you don't like the idea of having Bucket and Slash replaced, that's cool too ( I'm a fan of other bands too and I wouldn't want some members replaced either ) but to actually have the nerve to tell the guy to "shut up and do his job", wow now that's something...

Even when 90% of guitarists are able to play what Bumble plays ( which won't happen in this lifetime...your appreciation of his style is irrelevant, the fact is that he is insanely gifted ) you don't tell that to a professional musician when you are most likely incapable of producing the slightest musical sound yourself...

Now you are trying to spin it. "My personal interpretation", what, you mean common human decency?

No, I mean that I don't agree with your interpretation of what he wrote. If you would actually read what I write instead of replying to what you want me to have written, you would have noticed that I don't agree with your interpretation of what he wrote. I can't recall him writing anything that was addressing anyone besides the cocksuckers that provoked him.

I know why he did what he did, but he should not have said insults that can/will offend a collective group.

So I can't call people morons because it would insult the idiots? ;). Again, I can't remember him insulting anyone besides the ones that provoked him, and I was there. But he might have. Hindsight is 20/20.

Had he have said "oh you're just a c#nt, go f#ck yourself" no one would have had a real problem with it.

People would have had just as much problem with it as they have today. But again, their "problem" is just fake, all they want to do is use the situation for all it's worth to try to afflict more harm to Ron and/or the band.

Edited by SoulMonster

Now you are trying to spin it. "My personal interpretation", what, you mean common human decency?

No, I mean that I don't agree with your interpretation of what he wrote. If you would actually read what I write instead of replying to what you want me to have written, you would have noticed that I don't agree with your interpretation of what he wrote. I can't recall him writing anything that was addressing anyone besides the cocksuckers that provoked him.

I know why he did what he did, but he should not have said insults that can/will offend a collective group.

So I can't call people morons because it would insult the idiots? ;). Again, I can't remember him insulting anyone besides the ones that provoked him, and I was there. But he might have. Hindsight is 20/20.

Had he have said "oh you're just a c#nt, go f#ck yourself" no one would have had a real problem with it.

People would have had just as much problem with it as they have today. But again, their "problem" is just fake, all they want to do is use the situation for all it's worth to try to afflict more harm to Ron and/or the band.

The term "morons" does not imply any set standard, just like the word idiot, you cannot gauge it. Unlike a derogatory word for African American or a derogatory word for a homosexual or a derogatory word for an Asian. Your argument makes no sense. Regardless he was saying that he is better than the common people that do work 9-5 and were not famous.

I'm not blind, it is clear that you are making excuses for how Ron acted, you basically using the attacks on Ron himself to justify the comments he made which affected more people than he targeted. Your quote:

"I can't recall him writing anything that was addressing anyone besides the cocksuckers that provoked him."

He then proceeded to bag out people who were not known musicians and people who did work ordinary jobs. But of course, you are so biased you won't see or admit either.

Volcano62, i never said it was wrong for Ron to give back what was thrown, i would have. But to put down the majority of the people on the forum was wrong. Even if he only intended it for a few people, you don't call one person a n*##er or a cr#*ker and expect no one else to get offended. Sorry. You do not get offended because you are probably more easy going, doesn't take away the right for others to get offended buddy, should we just go back to the middle ages?

The term "morons" does not imply any set standard, just like the word idiot, you cannot gauge it. Unlike a derogatory word for African American or a derogatory word for a homosexual or a derogatory word for an Asian. Your argument makes no sense.

It was meant as a joke. Hence the smiley.

Regardless he was saying that he is better than the common people that do work 9-5 and were not famous.

That's an interpretation of what he wrote that I don't agree with based on my recollection of what he wrote.

I'm not blind, it is clear that you are making excuses for how Ron acted, you basically using the attacks on Ron himself to justify the comments he made which affected more people than he targeted.

*Sigh*. No, what I am doing is failing at making you understand that I don't remember Ron insulting anyone besides the cocksuckers that provoked him. But this is still a minor point, my reason for posting initially was to comment on people's failure at realizing the complexities of human nature and calling out the fuckers that take every silly opportunity to try to hurt the band and its members.

you don't call one person a n*##er or a cr#*ker and expect no one else to get offended.

I find it intriguing that you keep on using the "black person" and "cracker" example rather than just quoting what Ron actually wrote in the thread. Is it because what he wrote is far less insulting than the actual examples you use to try to get your point across?

Sorry. You do not get offended because you are probably more easy going, doesn't take away the right for others to get offended buddy, should we just go back to the middle ages?

This goes way beyond what I intended to discuss here, but I must interject that the "right for others to get offended" does not in any way limit my right to express myself. I will not let my freedom of expression be stifled or limited by people who for different reasons feel "insulted". Actually, being overly sensitive and trying to limit others freedom to express themselves is a sign of a primitive society just like we had in the middle ages, and not the rational, informed societies we have today. If we allow people to veto expressions and discussions because they are "insulted" we sacrifice an important principle and give every person an effective way of stopping any important discussion. I do not agree that other people should tell me what to say and not to say, and I do not agree that I should have the power to stop anyone from saying anything, either. Being afraid of words is just silly. And your frequent use of the word "sorry" as if anyone would find your posts here the slightest insulting, which they aren't, suggests that you are overly afraid of insulting people yourself.

Edited by SoulMonster

Sorry but when Ron started bagging out people who "worked 9-5 jobs" and lead normal lives and made like he was some king, that went beyond just giving it back. Its like when Axl tried(and failed) to justify the use of the derogatory word for African American in One in a Million. Sorry, but if you cannot be selective when making GENERAL insults. You cannot say "Gorilla's are f^cked" and not expect to offend other Gorilla's(i used this example to avoid any racial or homophobic accusations and tensions). That is what Ron did. He bagged out people who worked 9-5 and were not known. Yes he used that on a select amount of people who were insulting him, but don't expect OTHER people who just live normal lives not to get offended and think he is an idiot for doing so.

You misunderstand. I am not saying his response was perfect, just that it was understandable and that his "outburst" didn't surprise me at all considering how provoked he was. And if other people beyond those that spread lies were insulted by his posts then I would call that unfortunate collateral damage. All this being said, I can't remember him insulting people with 9-5 jobs...I was there posting in the thread and didn't interpret it that way at all. In hindsight it may perhaps be interpreted that way, but I am confident that was never Ron's intention.

Seriusly leave this thread, you're a blind ass kisser and you keep throwing the same argument over and over. Ron is just a skilled hired hand full of himself, and could care less about other people, that was pretty clear on his insult to people who work from 9 to 5. Well lemme tell you this "Ron" it's those people that pay YOU the tickets you dumbass. And most of them have jobs wich are much more important to society than doing covers of a once great band for an easy cash grab. Im not saying this because I feel insulted myself, but Im speaking for a vast majority of the fan base.

Edited by LaRocker

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Problem is that it is few and far between buddy. DJ's revealing of the US tour was very refreshing and i hope to see more of this, but i really do doubt it. Just like Ron's inability to talk about anything Guns related when he graced us with his presence on this very forum.

Refreshing? Frustrating more like. I don't appreciate Dj blabbing provisional plans as matter of fact to any media outlet who'll listen.

I think it's primarily Ron's choice not to talk GN'R bizz. There probably is a verbal agreement in place for bands members not to waffle on about things they don't know the ins and outs about. But Ron's refusal to engage in dialogue in relation to the big topics seems to be motivated more by his sense of integrity than an obligation of some sort.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Sorry but when Ron started bagging out people who "worked 9-5 jobs" and lead normal lives and made like he was some king, that went beyond just giving it back. Its like when Axl tried(and failed) to justify the use of the derogatory word for African American in One in a Million. Sorry, but if you cannot be selective when making GENERAL insults. You cannot say "Gorilla's are f^cked" and not expect to offend other Gorilla's(i used this example to avoid any racial or homophobic accusations and tensions). That is what Ron did. He bagged out people who worked 9-5 and were not known. Yes he used that on a select amount of people who were insulting him, but don't expect OTHER people who just live normal lives not to get offended and think he is an idiot for doing so.

You misunderstand. I am not saying his response was perfect, just that it was understandable and that his "outburst" didn't surprise me at all considering how provoked he was. And if other people beyond those that spread lies were insulted by his posts then I would call that unfortunate collateral damage. All this being said, I can't remember him insulting people with 9-5 jobs...I was there posting in the thread and didn't interpret it that way at all. In hindsight it may perhaps be interpreted that way, but I am confident that was never Ron's intention.

Seriusly leave this thread, you're a blind ass kisser and you keep throwing the same argument over and over. Ron is just a skilled hired hand full of himself, and could care less about other people, that was pretty clear on his insult to people who work from 9 to 5. Well lemme tell you this "Ron" it's those people that pay YOU the tickets you dumbass. And most of them have jobs wich are much more important to society than doing covers of a once great band for an easy cash grab. Im not saying this because I feel insulted myself, but Im speaking for a vast majority of the fan base.

He doesn't see it that way though... believe it or not he thinks he's part of a band, y'know a bunch of guys who hang out, compose and play music... which, despite their somewhat unusual legal status IS what Guns N Roses is. You asked earlier why I brought up charity? I was not trying to start up some ridiculous "altruism-off" between Ron, Slash and Duff. but I was trying to counteract your claims that Ron doesn't care about other people... Oh, wait... you're actually agreeing with me here, you say Ron could care less about other people and you're absolutely spot on; he could care less, he could care A LOT less... I get the feeling you mean he "couldn't" care less so that's two counts on which you're wrong there.

This is all about the way Young Gun interpreted Ron's comments, if you're ever lucky enough to get the chance to talk to Ron you'll know he harbours no sense of superiority about himself over anyone else and would certainly never disrespect anyone for having a "9 to 5" job as we have now come to put it. What he was trying to do was put down those whom he felt insulted him personally by implying that they were unimportant AS FAR AS HIS LIFE GOES. He listed all the productive things he's doing and asked for a reposte not to spite those who aren't "rock stars" but in an effort to determine what it was that these people had done which was so great that they felt they could look down on him and treat him like shit. (Which you have to admit they were doing, these total strangers were being demeaning/insulting and needlessly cruel to a guy they'd never even met... of course he's gonna be pissed and of course he's going to be harsh, but you've taken his comments and tried to make it seem like he's an arrogant dick with persecution and superiority complexes, which is just wrong and you should shut the fuck up.)

Obviously he's going to feel the need to defend himself against those who are "pro Old Guns" as well... he's part of GNR now and he loves it so those who tear into him for not being Slash or Buckethead deserved pretty much everything they got back, he can't do anything about the past of the band, he's here to play for people in the present... Why is this so hard to understand?

back on topic.............this was a great interview, when he says hes tired of being in rock bands right now and then says whoops was pretty funny, im looking forward to his new solo album, hopefully it gets released in may like he said

i noticed he said that everyone in guns was pretty burned out from the tour, maybe its a good thing there isnt a us tour right now, it gives all the bandmembers time to relax, there definitely alot of stress in being in a big rock band, and guns isnt the only one where this happens lol

Edited by Andrew07

So you don't understand that what I am doing is defending Ron's right to attack his provokers without this tarnishing his image, either. That makes at least two of you.

I also find it amusing that you think he "cares less about other people". That is mindbogglingly stupid and I find it hard to think of any good reason why I should waste my time discussing anything with a person so oblivious to disagreeing data. My only hope is that since you didn't start that particular sentence with "seriusly" (sic) you actually meant it as a joke. If so, congratulations on making a very non-funny and cryptic joke. The best one I've seen in a very long time.

And in case your are even more stupid than it seems, this reply means I am not leaving this thread.

I'll end with a hypothetical question: Would blindness make ass kissing more preferable?

Just fyi, before joining GnR, Ron was :

-a music teacher at a school

-a guitar teacher

-a producer

-releasing albums with Bumblefoot

All of this at the same time.

Back in 2002, after touring France and Netherlands ( I think ), at the end of the tour there were only 400 euros left and he tried to give them entirely back to his musicians because he felt they deserved that money ( they later hid the money in his luggages ), as little a sum as it was, more than he did.

Don't worry, Ron knows what it means to work very hard for a living...

So any of you guys in the states who have Pointfest, you getting GNR played on the sponsoring station? They are doing it pretty regular here, right before they hype up the festival. They never play GNR, not even on shuffle. And festival is at the same place where the St. Louis riot was. We just had the pigeon incidence with Kings of Leon last year--lol Yeah Axl ain't going to stand for that shit either. I'd never believe it was possible but the line up gets announced on the 25th.

So any of you guys in the states who have Pointfest, you getting GNR played on the sponsoring station? They are doing it pretty regular here, right before they hype up the festival. They never play GNR, not even on shuffle. And festival is at the same place where the St. Louis riot was. We just had the pigeon incidence with Kings of Leon last year--lol Yeah Axl ain't going to stand for that shit either. I'd never believe it was possible but the line up gets announced on the 25th.

That could be interesting...

I've seen radio stations pull that before (suddenly start playing an artist because they're headlining a local show, an artist they wouldn't play otherwise but the radio station is a sponsor) so maybe there's something to it.

Festival gigs could be interesting...

Guest gunns5

what do you mean? can you shed some more light on this, is this pretty big for gnr to be on pointfest? what is pointfest? why cant i stop asking these questions? lol? :S

young_gun is getting owned all over the place.

Oh yeah, im devastated i could not sway a bunch of ass-kissers such as yourself, truly mortified :P

i personally agree with what ur saying

people can explain defend and rationalize Rons comments all they want, doesnt make them right

ultimately its Rons own words that speak for themselves

not sure why they think they they can talk on his behalf, as if following his tweets, reading interviews, or meeting him for 10 mins after a show somehow gives them special insight to know the mans tru persona when hes not being a showman playing to an audience

he had every right to defend himself but at the same time

some have every right to be offended