Is Slash still doing something that pisses off Axl?

stratus

Wicked Hand..........seriously, to say that you are not a Slash Fan Boy is hilarious.

You act like YOU were there when the old band was together. In this thread you have continually bashed Axl and ripped apart people who are fans of his. None of us know the specifics of what went on between these two grown men. So for you to act like Axl is totally at fault - is wrong. For you to act like Axl hates Slash - is wrong. Because you - nor any of us - know.

The Slash fan boys are acting like Axl's life revolves around what Slash is doing. Why? Because he mentioned him in 2 or 3 interviews over a 10 year period?

There are 4-5 members of this forum who are obsessed with this issue - and I would be that THEY spend more time worrying about it than Axl himself does.

Wicked - you seem like a pretty intelligent poster. If you think that Axl is obssessed with hating Slash, and that Slash has NO fault in the feud......then why would Axl be friendly with Duff, Izzy and Adler? Think about that. Those guys were THERE at the same time, and those guys experienced everything that Slash did. And, Duff has been just as successful (almost) as Slash has post-Guns. If Axl is jealous of Slash.........then why wouldn't he be jealous of Duff as well?????

Bottom line - yes. I believe that Axl doesn't like Slash at all. But I have people I extremely dislike, almost hate and guess what? My life doesn't revolve around hating them or being obssessed with them. I rarely think about them. Ask me about my ex-wife and I'll tell you 20 terrible things she did as a person. But once we stop talking about her, I STOP THINKING ABOUT HER - until somebody else asks me a question. And when I see the good things she does in life now - marriage, job promotion, having a baby - it might annoy me for a second, but thats all the brain power I waste on her. I would be my last dollar that Axl feels the same way about Slash. When brought up in interviews - he will response. When seeing Slash have a hit record with VR - it probably annoys him, and then he goes about his daily business. But things like the Paradise City embarrassment, the Super bowl ridiculousness or the troubles Slash had with yet another lead singer....I'm sure he laughs and shakes his head - and then moves on with his life.

Axl isn't obssessed with hating Slash.

Just a few people on this forum are. And that is pathetic. Slash has moved on....why can't the Slash Fan Boys do the same thing?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicked Hand..........seriously, to say that you are not a Slash Fan Boy is hilarious.

You act like YOU were there when the old band was together. In this thread you have continually bashed Axl and ripped apart people who are fans of his. None of us know the specifics of what went on between these two grown men. So for you to act like Axl is totally at fault - is wrong. For you to act like Axl hates Slash - is wrong. Because you - nor any of us - know.

The Slash fan boys are acting like Axl's life revolves around what Slash is doing. Why? Because he mentioned him in 2 or 3 interviews over a 10 year period?

There are 4-5 members of this forum who are obsessed with this issue - and I would be that THEY spend more time worrying about it than Axl himself does.

Wicked - you seem like a pretty intelligent poster. If you think that Axl is obssessed with hating Slash, and that Slash has NO fault in the feud......then why would Axl be friendly with Duff, Izzy and Adler? Think about that. Those guys were THERE at the same time, and those guys experienced everything that Slash did. And, Duff has been just as successful (almost) as Slash has post-Guns. If Axl is jealous of Slash.........then why wouldn't he be jealous of Duff as well?????

Bottom line - yes. I believe that Axl doesn't like Slash at all. But I have people I extremely dislike, almost hate and guess what? My life doesn't revolve around hating them or being obssessed with them. I rarely think about them. Ask me about my ex-wife and I'll tell you 20 terrible things she did as a person. But once we stop talking about her, I STOP THINKING ABOUT HER - until somebody else asks me a question. And when I see the good things she does in life now - marriage, job promotion, having a baby - it might annoy me for a second, but thats all the brain power I waste on her. I would be my last dollar that Axl feels the same way about Slash. When brought up in interviews - he will response. When seeing Slash have a hit record with VR - it probably annoys him, and then he goes about his daily business. But things like the Paradise City embarrassment, the Super bowl ridiculousness or the troubles Slash had with yet another lead singer....I'm sure he laughs and shakes his head - and then moves on with his life.

Axl isn't obssessed with hating Slash.

Just a few people on this forum are. And that is pathetic. Slash has moved on....why can't the Slash Fan Boys do the same thing?

Who are you calling "Slash Fan boys"? Do you have any quotes to back up your allegations? Why are you only addressing people criticizing Axl in this thread and not the other side? You throw a lot of postulates out there to present a picture of the Slash vs. Axl drama but not much in facts to back it up. Your post really sounds like an angry armchair quarterback that doesn't know football.

"I'm sure he laughs and shakes his head - and then moves on with his life." And then sues somebody.

I don't know that Slash didn't do anything wrong in the feud. I just haven't heard any evidence otherwise. I just know Axl has done alot to put down Slash ans hold back GNR.

Axl obviosly thinks about Slash.

Lawsuits. You think he wouldve sued if a dude like duff appeared in guitar hero.

You think he wouldve flipped out and said Izzy was in his ass in the middle of a song ruining the performance of the song.( actually he jokingly put the weres izzy sign in the don't cry video.

He doesn't call anyone else a cancer from the old lineup.

I do think the media has drawn a line in the sand with axl and slash and most people choose slash because all of the things that axl has said and done to the fans and his band. Slash may have done something that isn't that public to piss him off but all anyone can do is speulate.

I am not a slash fanboy. I'm first and formost a GNR fan.

I find the debate entertaining and interesting and I chose the side of slash ( because of obvious reasons IMO.

He's definately not the best guitarist in the world, but he used to be the guitarist in my

favorite band and he continues to GIVE TO HIS FANS through constantly working and doin his thing.

I wish axl the best. I hope he does put out the trilogy and a record with the new line up. They are obviously a kickass band.

I wish as axl gets older he'll let go of past tendencies that turn away fans and hold back the band that he just had to have the rights too.

And tomorow I'll declare Tuesday my post something nice about axl day. Ha. Wait it is tomorow

1.axl has one of the most versatile, unique, powerful, and rangy voice of all time.

And when did I rip apart axl or the proAxlposters? I stated public knowledge, things that happend, and my opinion. That's what you do, my friend.

With exception to Trilogy....... But he is a special kind of stupid.

Anybody who takes this stuff to seriously is missing out on the fun of public debate. That's the way I look at it.

I am a newbee and I don't know everything about GNR - I will admit that.

I'm hear to learn and mix it up with YOU.

Peace

I don't really understand why Axl being a very religious person just don't let it go in some form.

If that is true, no wonder why the band went down the shitter. Religious people are fuuuucked up, no matter what religion you believe in because religion was created by other people to control the masses.

Edited by Christian

axl's hatred towards slash reminds me of stalin's hatred towards trotsky

actually, some axl's followers like jarmo who worship axl like a god (cult of personality) could have been stalinists (or nazis) had they born a few decades ago

• 4 months later...

i wish i could have heard the supposed 2004 meeting..

as far as the sellout stuff,lots of musicains and joined rappers or whatver. i think if axl came out and sang with fergie or sheryl crow ppl here would think it was awesome,how come its "selling out" when its slash?

i am a fan of both though...

i think one day theyll bump into one another and maybe clear the air,but playin together seems like a long shot.

as far as the sellout stuff,lots of musicains and joined rappers or whatver. i think if axl came out and sang with fergie or sheryl crow ppl here would think it was awesome,how come its "selling out" when its slash?

i think one day theyll bump into one another and maybe clear the air,but playin together seems like a long shot.

No one would think it's awesome, the same way that no one thinks it's awesome that Slash does it. Looks like Matt's been taking lessons from Slash, ffs.

If Axl took control of the band because of Duff's and Slash's addictions. Why is he still controlling it? Surely he could give equal ownership to his paid employees now. I mean they are all sober or most of them anyway. And have proved their loyality to him.

How do you know he hasn't?

No one would think it's awesome, the same way that no one thinks it's awesome that Slash does it. Looks like Matt's been taking lessons from Slash, ffs.

If Axl took control of the band because of Duff's and Slash's addictions. Why is he still controlling it? Surely he could give equal ownership to his paid employees now. I mean they are all sober or most of them anyway. And have proved their loyality to him.

Because for better or worse he did to much to gain control. And he is a controlling personality.

Because for better or worse he did to much to gain control. And he is a controlling personality.

Oh okay, so you don't know. That's all you had to say.

Trilogy:

u already LOSE: u provided no links or exaples were Slash badmithed Axl.

U might be a good debater. Unfortunatly we will never know bc u have no cocrete evidence to back up your ideas. You just spew venom. JUST AS I SUSPECTED, you went right back to the media whore bit because that's all you have. Although it was funny, YOU SIR ARE PATHETIC. So I'll wait for you to go get your dictionary and think up some clever terminology ( which will usually take you a half a day) You are entertaining but only because you are sooooo wrong.

That is all.

DJ is very much a businessman, Stintson is pretty sharp, and Ron has been running his own thing for years now. Given any sort of control, those guys could take GNR back to the top...

You think their better businessmen? Or maybe they are just more ambitious?

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Volcano. Those guys probably have a lot prove to themselves. Axl doesn't have to prove anything to anybody. He's already made it to the top of the mountain.

DJ is very much a businessman, Stintson is pretty sharp, and Ron has been running his own thing for years now. Given any sort of control, those guys could take GNR back to the top...

to the top of what? Mainstream sucsess? I doubt it. They are good, but they would have to put alot more work in to GNR than they do with their own projects. For starters, GNR has got a bad name, Riots, late starts, Axl walking off stage. The others havent had to deal with that in their own adventures.

That's what I've always said. Slash is such a sell out yadda yadda. Wasn't it axl that wanted to completley change gnrs musical direction against all of the other members wishes just to stay revelant with music in the 90s instead of true to themselves? Kinda feel like he kept the gnr name just because it would've had a better chance at selling records than the axl rose project would have as well. I just love how close minded people can be.

GNR's "Live and Let Die" is being used to promote that new X-Factor show that Simon Cowell is producing

That's what I've always said. Slash is such a sell out yadda yadda. Wasn't it axl that wanted to completley change gnrs musical direction against all of the other members wishes just to stay revelant with music in the 90s instead of true to themselves? Kinda feel like he kept the gnr name just because it would've had a better chance at selling records than the axl rose project would have as well. I just love how close minded people can be.

GNR's "Live and Let Die" is being used to promote that new X-Factor show that Simon Cowell is producing

Yeah I heard that at the movies yesterday.

Who's responsible for that?

I think Slash being still hugely popular, being known as "the guns n roses guitarist" moreso than anybody Axl's hired since he left, having VR come out roughly when Axl wanted to launch his project, Slash doing interviews where he explains why GNR broke up from his point of view.. largely because of Axl, and the fact that Axl kept the name even are all reasons Axl still has such a problem with Slash. I mean, Axl's talked more about Slash than Chinese Democracy probably! (Which isn't saying much, but in comparison with how much Slash talks about Axl, if you do the percentages to how many interviews they've done, it's staggering how much Axl still thinks about Slash and considers him a problem in his life even as recently as the past few years)

I mostly agree with you, but... I think the reason both of them talk about each other all the time is because they're asked about it... In every Slash interview I've seen in his last tours, either he said "No GnR questions" beforehand, or it's the same thing all the time... They even did so in That Metal Show. The media keeps insisting on talking about a reunion, the breakup, stuff like that and it must piss both of them off, specially Axl and hate-filled mind. I think the fact they ask him so much about Slash, the fact people like Slash so much, all of the Slash praising they do really piss him off... The fucking media makes one talk shit about the other, than insists on talking about the reunion they helped in a major way to fuck up.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read the whole thread, but to me Axl has reconciled with Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby but no Slash, so maybe it ain't Axl's problem there are too sides to every story.

yeah but you can read in Axl's interviews, he does have a rather large chip on his shoulder about it.

Edited by moreblack

I haven't read the whole thread, but to me Axl has reconciled with Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Gilby but no Slash, so maybe it ain't Axl's problem there are too sides to every story.

yeah but you can read in Axl's interviews, he does have a rather large chip on his shoulder about it.

what shoulder? his arm is practically dangling from a small piece of skin

Edited by sweetness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what shoulder? his arm is practically dangling from a small piece of skin

He is more chip than human now...

• 4 weeks later...