Some of the best live bands youve seen

ZoSoRose

Velvet Revolver @ The Whisky - Yet AGAIN, a big band at one of Hollywood's small and well known clubs. You had to line up at Virgin Megastore on sunset blvd. for a midnight release of Libertad to get tickets. I was front row in front of Duff. It was absolutely incredible. I saw them 13 times, this was easily the best. Scott was on fire that night and completely took over, where as a lot of times, Slash is just as prominent as Scott, not that night.

Not good video, because they were super strict with cameras but it's the only video that exists of the show and it atleast shows you the atmosphere of it all, I'm glad someone took it.. (links now because you can only post 2 videos)

Man, that sounds awesome. They suited that sweaty club atmosphere so well.

Rush- They're pro musicians and give it their all. Each performance is note for note perfect and the stage show enhances the experience.

YES

All of my live experiences have been fantastic so far but if I had to pick out a couple stand out shows I'd pick; Rush, GN'R (second time) and the Eagles.

• 1 month later...

some highlights from some of the concert's I've seen

GNR sydney 2010 (axl's voice magic that night atmosphere of gig 10/10)

Slash Tivoli Brisbane 2011 (smallest club show I've seen from slash and he played in front of me for 80% of the gig) Best slash solo show I've seen

Faith No More 2010 Festival Hall both nights were insane brought back memory's from the 1993/1997 shows. Patton is still one of my favorite frontmen of all time

VR Melbourne 2005 (My only time seeing Velvet Revolver front row middle in the mosh good times)

Smashing Pumpkins Melbourne 2010 Excellent show from Corgan show was brilliant and an amazing setlist

GNR Calder Park 93 This was the second concert of my life Skid Row and GNR (Two of my favorite bands)

Sebastian Bach 2008 Palace Melbourne love the venue front row great show and excellent setlist

Slash Palace 2010 MTV Classic Launch Palace (loved the show an amazing night)

My biggest regret was missing Led Zep as I had tickets to see them at MSG in 1975 but it snowed that night and I could not get to the show as I lived 70 miles from NYC.

Oh man, that must suck! So close yet so far!

The only show that I would've liked to see but decided against was Robert Plant in 2007, in Bucharest. It was about a week before The Rolling Stones and I was gonna see the Stones anyway. But I lived about 500 km away from Bucharest at the time, didn't have a place to stay for that long and I decided against taking the trip twice. I hadn't heard the album he was promoting yet (The Mighty Rearranger). I heard it later and loved it. I was understandably pretty angry with myself.

But it's nowhere close to turning down Pink Floyd! :lol:

AC/DC - one of my top 3 favorite bands of all time. i saw them twice on the black ice tour and man, they lived up to and surpassed all of my expectations. a dream come true.

State Radio - i've seen them 19 times now and they never fail to disappoint. i cannot emphasize enough that they are to be checked out if they're in your area. they give 100% every night.

Dropkick Murphys - i saw them the day after St. Patrick's this year in boston after trying to see them for years (especially at one of the St. Paddy's day shows) and they killed it. probably the most fun crowd i've ever been a part of.

Rush - once on the first snakes and arrows tour, and once on the second. unfortunately i won't be getting to a time machine show, but those two shows a few years back more than made up for it. it's just downright impressive how much they still have it.

Bruce Springsteen - is there anything more to say? he's the boss. he played for 3 hours straight, no stopping. i hope i have half that energy when i'm 60.

311 - after basically discovering them by accident (i only went to see them because state radio was opening), i went to see them again last summer and they put on one hell of a show. the band and crowd fed off each other's energy all night. definitely going again this summer.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

Stones 81

I missed '81...some friends decided to drive down to the Detroit show at the last minute.They called me and I wasn't home...I would have gone for sure.

Black Sabbath with Ozzy multiple times

Didn't get a chance to see Sabbath until Ozzfest..still,got to tick one off the bucket list.

Genesis with Peter Gabriel

I THOUGHT I was going to see Genesis with Gabriel.We sat there stoned out of our brains waiting for him to come on stage.Drummer comes down and starts singing...keeps on singing.

As I've mentioned here before,turns out it was Phil Collins very first concert ever as front man for Genesis.

I've read interviews where he talks about it...understandably very nervous.

AC/DC with Bon Scott era

I was REAL colse to seeing Bon era.

We had a friend's dad willing to drive us to Cleveland in '78 for a big festival.There's actually footage of AC/DC at this show.

I got sick as a dog and couldn't go.

J Geils mutliple

I saw them open for the Who,shortly after the Cincinatti incident.

Original Foghat who are one of my favorite bands of alltime

Oh man!

Never got the pleasure.

Original Kansas

I saw them at an outdoor Festival in '79 called Canada Jam.It was held at Mosport Park (a race track).

A Toronto music show that predated MTV and all that,called the New Music filmed some performances there.I'm pretty sure Kansas was one of the bands.I have it on VHS,I'll have to dig it out.

I remember the keyboard player doing these ridiculously high kicks in the air while leaning off his keyboards.

Todd Rundgren with Utopia...and absolutely amazing concert and band

I saw them around the release of Oops Wrong Planet...opening for Blue Oyster Cult.

Really really good (both bands were).

Aerosmith (Raleigh, NC)- Saw them in 2006 when they were touring with Motley Crue for the Route of All Evil tour. Always been a big Aerosmith fan but seeing them live was an amazing experience. The set was killer and every member of the band was right on point. Unfortunately Todd Hamilton wasn't playing with the band that night because he was undergoing treatment for cancer. By the way, Motley put on a good show but Aerosmith really stole the show on this particular night.

Guns N' Roses (Greensboro, NC)- Also saw them in 2006. Besides taking forever to come onstage, this was a spectacular show. Everyone played great, Axl seemed to be in a great mood, and the set was really good. Considering the fact that I NEVER thought I'd get to see GN'R live made this concert even better.

The Goo Goo Dolls (3 times in Raleigh, NC and 1 time in Greensboro, NC)- These guys put on a great live performance. I've seen them 4 times and feel like I got my money's worth everytime. They just announced that they are coming back to Raleigh this summer and I assure you I'll be going to that show too.

Joe Cocker (Cary, NC)- Joe played a great set and was full of energy. I am just a casual fan but after this show I realized how good this guy really is.

Robert Plant (Raleigh, NC)- Saw him in February 2011 for the brief tour he did for the Band Of Joy album. The set was great. He did a nice mix of Zeppelin, solo stuff, and new takes on Zeppelin classics like Black Dog. The man can still hit the notes in songs like Rambe On from the Zeppelin days.

Eric Clapton (Raleigh, NC)- Saw him in 2006. The set wasn't great to me because I'm not familiar with a lot of his more recent music but when he played Wonderful Tonight and then went right into Layla I think my heart skipped a beat. He closed the show with Crossroads which was just plain cool to see live.

Heart (Raleigh, NC)- Saw Journey, Heart, and Cheap Trick when they toured together. Journey and Cheap Trick did great like I expected but I thought the Heart set was gonna put me to sleep. I know Heart's hits and I like some of their songs but I really wasn't looking forward to hearing them as that much. As soon as Nancy played the first cord and Ann started singing, I was in shock. EVERY song was great. What really stole the show was their cover of The Who's Love Reign O'er Me. When Ann Wilson hit the note at the end I thought the speakers would bust. It was unbelieveable!