GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

Except it is 2011 going on 2012 ... change and adapt or DIE ...

The new band plays the songs with more fitting to the current times ... with less cheeze ... with less seventies-eighties vibe and sounds.

For all the technical proficiency of Axl's new lineup, I still think the old band played the old songs better - because they were simply written in that nature. Brownstone, ISE, Jungle, etc. all sound better as raw, gritty, basic and stripped-down tracks. When you have three guitars with insane shred solos and people banging cymbals and so on and so forth the very nature of the songs change. I suppose some people might prefer that, but give me Ritz '88 any day.

Having said that, the band is solid and the new material and UYI material is more suited towards them.

Lots of excuses. Wow. From the rain, to not being able to run around, to not toured in a year, to his age........you people do realize that there are lots of singers in the same exact situation that are able to pull it off, right? And a couple people have said that he wasn't able to run around like usual. How exactly would running around MORE help out with the fact he was out of breath for most of the night? Wouldn't that have made it worse?

Bottom line, he was out of shape and not ready. You can do that at 25, not at 45.

Axl did hit some home runs though, and after oxygen breaks and during some of the slower songs, he was spot on. Estranged was excellent. TIL was great. Heaven's Door was great (better than when I saw the band a couple years ago).

I thought the band was outstanding and really saved the show. Estranged and the band made the show a success. Both Bumble and DJ came through with huge solos following Axl screw ups.

The band looked tight and ready to perform. I hope Axl doesn't let these guys go to waste by NOT recording as much new music as possible. After hearing them last night, now I really am interested in hearing what this band can do together in the studio.

Beta, Fernando, whomever Axl has monitor these forums. THE FANS, MANY WHO HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING AXL SINCE 1987, JUST WANT NEW MUSIC!!!!!! If he would put out an album every 3 years, 90% of the negativity in the GnR fanworld would dissapear!!!!!! New Music. Please. Don't waste Axl's voice and talent!!!!!!

Just watched a few of the tunes. Looked like Axl was in a bad space... but seriously dude when you have a gig that big it is really lame to show up that unprepared. This is a pattern with him though, lets hope that night kicked his ass and he picks up his a game for the next show.... Bumble rocked estranged though!

Is there a complete set list anywhere?

Just watched a few of the tunes. Looked like Axl was in a bad space... but seriously dude when you have a gig that big it is really lame to show up that unprepared. This is a pattern with him though, lets hope that night kicked his ass and he picks up his a game for the next show.... Bumble rocked estranged though!

Added to first post

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

(James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die

(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

Rocket Queen

Instrumental Jam

This I Love

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

(Mi Amor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Estranged

(Played for the first time since 1993)

Better

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

(Baba O'Riley by The Who)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Instrumental Jam

(Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

(Pink Panther Theme)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Encore:

Patience

Paradise City

Edited by gunsguy

Added to first post

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

(James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die

(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

Rocket Queen

Instrumental Jam

This I Love

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

(Mi Amor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Estranged

(Played for the first time since 1993)

Better

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

(Baba O'Riley by The Who)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Instrumental Jam

(Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

(Pink Panther Theme)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Encore:

Patience

Paradise City

Great thanks dude!

Looks like i will have to find some good drugs for the Chicago show, hopefully axl will sound better

That's fucking funny...."find some good drugs"...LOL. Love it. Me (Mpls show) no drugs but alot of alcohol, problem is the 'do good police' (you know, the people who are "looking out for us") cut off alcohol at like say 10PM, well Axl aint anywhere near the venue before 11:30PMish....

Whoever organizes the 1080 p show on torrent, can you upload it to demonoid or thepiratebay first , cheers in advance!

I will get it uploaded for us here on my open tracker via seedbox (high speed)

open tracker means anyone can download it.

As soon as I get it I will link the torent file here :)

If you wanna test my speed a bit check out this thread and grab the torrent file, I will max out your connection no probs

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=179436&view=findpost&p=2924105

Edited by gunsguy

I didn't even realized he messed up on Chinese Democracy either until I just watched. Very weird, it's like his mind had absolutely no idea what verses of the songs were coming up and he just automatically started singing random points in the song.

it's almost like he didn't rehearse.

I didn't even realized he messed up on Chinese Democracy either until I just watched. Very weird, it's like his mind had absolutely no idea what verses of the songs were coming up and he just automatically started singing random points in the song.

it's almost like he didn't rehearse.

You need to rehearse LYRICS to songs that you just spent over a year singing on pretty much a nightly basis?

I thought the yellow jacket was hilarious - I thnk Axl wore it not only for purpose (it was raining) but for humor too. Yes, RIR needs to get the fucking sound right for future broadcasts. Thankfully the sound was mostly right during Estranged except for the piano - not sure if this was RIR's fault or someone just turned the piano down. I hope it's the former considering paino is such a huge part of the song. By the way I thought it was AWESOME of Axl to be out on stage during the parts of Estranged where there is no singing - he could have went off and does whatever he does but instead he stayed on, and he really seemed to be enjoying himself during that song. On a separate note, check your computer for viruses. Seemed to pick up a few during the broadcast - thankfully they did not cause much damage, if any.

if you cant like nighttrain, street of dreams, and this i love from that show, then i guess no one is gonna have an answer for you. amd estranged was awesome.

con: the bitch ass fans that wined and moaned for the next 24 hours cuz axl didnt play a new song. in a night full of technical problems and given the history of this band and leaks, why would you potentially play your new single and make it sound like shit to everyone on youtube forever.